It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best optical ilusion I have seen!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Here is a section at various scales. The top band is a section of the original pattern. The middle band is the greenish band (RGB: 11, 244, 156). The botton band is the color of each section, blended in hard light blending mode with the lighter color on the upper layer which seems representative of the color shift that takes place in each area.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30b0e1c65aa7.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Here's another one

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Since we're on the topic of optical illusions, this one has always been my favorite.

I've never tested the actual colors in any type of imaging program, but to test it with just the naked eye, cut square A or B out in the imaging program of your choice, and place it next to the other labeled square.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0a42253c612.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit: Because I don't know how to embed images

[edit on 24-6-2009 by seadragoniii]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
While we wait for the explanation please enjoy ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4272740cd3f8.jpg[/atsimg]

S Dog,I also noticed that if you move your scroll wheel back and forward sharply while looking at this it changes colour and the image somewhat.

Unless it's those beans i ate...

[edit on 24-6-2009 by BlackViolet]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by seadragoniii

Thats a good one, it's doing my head in tho.

For the benefit of people that can't cut it out, or havent got time, here it is:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
From wikipedia:

Photosensitive epilepsy is a form of epilepsy in which seizures are triggered by visual stimuli that form patterns in time or space, such as flashing lights, bold, regular patterns, or regular moving patterns.

If you belive demons exist you should know that triggering photoepilepsy is a way to weaken you so that they get in easyer.

Now stop staring at those stupid images.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomguy
If you belive demons exist you should know that triggering photoepilepsy is a way to weaken you so that they get in easyer.

Now stop staring at those stupid images.

Yeah, I had to wait until I stopped randomly convulsing on the floor to even give this reply. So you're saying these kinds of images are a Satanic plot to facilitate demonic possessions?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Excellent illusion! I was inclined to call it bull as well, however there's a very easy way to demonstrate it:

First look at something white to "reset" your color perception.
Look at the illusion, then use your hands to cover up all but the wide green spiral. Note the color.

Do the same thing for the "blue" . both of them looke (to me) like a morph of both colors, sort of an aqua green.

Pretty cool, thanks! Now if I can just get this spiral afterimage out of my head *smacks head twice*

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Nice method! Don't stare too long or your brain will start to hurt like mine!

-E-

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Here is another one which I'm sure you have seen before.

Which way does she rotate for you. With some practice, you can make her spin in different directions at will. Or you can try looking at one of the edges of the pictures to get her to spin in a different direction.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac85845642f6.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Good Ones,

The next one for me is the best.

Normal people actually see an illusion, dont see things as THEY TRULEY ARE. They make something up in their minds.

However most schizophrenics, in fact so many it is being used now in part of the diagnosis of it, will not see the illusion us "SANE" people do...

So who really hallucinates?

The majority of the population of those with schizophrenia?

Makes you question reality eh?

Kind Regards,

Elf

Edit to add I do see the face lol, but if I or any of you dont it does not make us less, or differant but as this shows means they in a sense in certain times are more sane than most.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

The hollow mask effect was cool.

Does anyone know how to turn it into an animated gif so I don't have to watch it as a link.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I never saw the mask one before. That one made my eyes twitch.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ahimsa

Lol well if anyone does not see the illusion go and see the doctor, because unless you hallucinate the face, it means you are prone to schizophrenia or have it!

That makes my mind twitch dont know about eyes....

Lol

Elf

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
reply to post by ahimsa

Lol well if anyone does not see the illusion go and see the doctor, because unless you hallucinate the face, it means you are prone to schizophrenia or have it!

I usually see these as an exercise to correct my perception to see the illusions properly, which is not to see them at all. If it means I acquire schizophrenia or autism if I succeed, so be it.

Some are definitely easier to dispel than others.

[edit on 6/24/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Elf, thanks for putting that up, I'd stumbled across it before and forgotten. ALSO, to every one else, thanks too
!

This is a most enjoyable thread. I've always loved optical illusions.

ALL of these are fine examples as to why the concept of Human 'eyewitnesses' is fraught with compexity, and how people who 'witness' the same event can have such differing interpretations.

The 'mask' example is a perfect illustration of why some people see "domes" in some Lunar photos, instead of craters. But, this is not the thread to belabor that....

These show how the Human brain, especially the visual cortex, in combination with the "design" of the eye, and retina, over millions of years of evolution are far from 'perfect', but have adapted to suit our needs -- well, our former needs as hunter-gatherers, for example. The relatively recent development of modern life (since the Industrial Revolution) is challenging.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Heres another one

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e660f8332f5e.jpg[/atsimg]

And this

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9c43f6dcc6d.jpg[/atsimg]

I wish I could rename this thread, Show me your favorite optical illusion, but for some reason I cannot edit my OP

-E-

[edit on 24-6-2009 by MysterE]

[edit on 24-6-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by MysterE

the best way to find out is print it out then cut samples from the green and blue area then compare

I may be wrong but I call bull

No, it's true. Another way to test it is to take the pic into Microsoft paint, and use the "color picker" tool. They both come out to be the EXACT same color...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

That's pretty cool. I normally see the nose sticking out on the back side. But if I continually tell myself it is not sticking out, then I can see the nose sticking in.

But I have to really work at it to do it. And as soon as I do not tell myself over and over it's not sticking out, I see the illusion once again.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Is your picture supposed to do something? It just sits there.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join