It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the paranormal and Lucid dreaming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
(Before you post something here, read where I stand on the paranormal: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now you know that if you post "I am a psychic and..." or "an alien channeled this suggestion to me." I won't believe you. At least not without some really,and I mean really good proof. Even though I may note your thought/idea/suggestion, I won't take it seriously.

This is all purely theoretical to me)

I had a thought. An Idea, so to say. A theory, to be more accurately put.

If you don't already know: Lucid dreaming is what happens when you become aware that you are dreaming. To lightly put: instead of being just a mere actor in a movie directed by your subconsciousness, YOU become the director!

en.wikipedia.org...

in other words, this is the only time where you get to be omnipotent.

Naturally, it is a rare occurrence. I, my self have only experienced this twice in my 20 years of life (well two and a half times really. I sort of "woke up" and thought "huh... I'm dreaming" then resumed dreaming). But apparently it is possible to induce lucid dreaming, which is something I'm currently trying.

Anyways, As I'm studying this awesome subject, I thought to myself, "huh, I wonder just how "omnipotent one really becomes..." Then I thought, "How awesome it would be if I could... 'unlock' certain... "doors" within my psyche..." Then I thought, "Could I?"

So here's what I am getting at: Could a person, with limited to no psychic abilities, gain or at least train their abilities, through lucid dreaming, if such abilities, in fact, existed? And if it is possible: How far would this go? how much would it take? what else would it be possible to do through this state of being where the consciousness meets the subconsciousness?

I don't know. What do you think?

[edit on 7/11/09 by Redajin]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Redajin

Good question!

I've been interested in lucid dreaming for years now. Only have had one true lucid dream I gained consciousness while I was dreaming and became so excited I woke up right away

I recently have been trying to train myself (dream journal, reality checks) to lucid dream again.

Do you have any thoughts on how one would go about training oneself?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Redajin

It is well known that taking melatonin can lead to vivid, often disturbing dreams. Hmmm.

A few years back I had some astragalus herb, it was from Swanson vitamins, 500mg. standardized. In Chinese literature it is a tonic herb and is often combined with ginseng for a powerful concoction for older febile patients.

Anyhow, I think an interesting effect occurred at about 1.5 grams dosage. Not too infrequent lucid dreaming. I guess it kept the noodle awake enough during REM sleep to still be conscious. A powerful herb with interesting properties.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Its an interesting post for sure.

Here is my take on this.

Basically in the OOB dimensions we find layers that following the Hermatic laws, are attached to our relative chakras and emotions etc...
There are differant areas or levels of this, there isnt just our reality and then the otherworld, they are as though of a scale of vibrations or frequencies. The concept of hell comes from the lower astral where emotions generally negative ones or more specifically excessive ones, rule what the consciousness that goes there experiences.
At the opposite end of this is the lighter vibrational frequencies, closer to the idea of heaven and unity with benevolent consciousness.
I think this is all still on the scale of duality though.
I feel in the astral/lucid dreamstate as Redajin mentioned are a differant area or frequency of all of creation.
This zero point of duality in consciousness, where there is balance is where all paranormal (and plenty of normal things also) emintate from. It may be the energy and origin of all physicality and maybe even consciousness itself (being that our connection to it is in our subconscious minds). This in my opinion is god and the idea that god made man in his image and that in essence we are god and can manifest our own realitites.
I like to reffer to the place in the lucid dream area as the unmanifest. Choas, the warp, the pool of tachyon energy or whatever it may be called. When here we are sort of merging with god and getting a demo of godlike powers that our higher selves have. Our higher selves (hidden in our subconscious and DNA, long story) are like a division of god or a demi god. It runs multiple soul incarnations at a time across time and space past present and future. Its like training to be a full on god.
When people see through the eyes of the higher self then either become enlightened or they lose their minds. There is sometimes too much to take on. In altered states I have been to the unmanifest once and what I can only assume to be the hell realms, both visits have been right up there with birth and death in terms of importance to my life. So any way to touch on these must be worthwhile.

Either way, this is an interesting idea to test this out. How about keeping a dream journal and trying to manifest an occourance in your life. Its just the sane principles as cosmic ordering which seems to have become popular recently.

I think all possibilities that can exist do permanently and the past/present and future runs all at once simultaniously.
But dig this, I get the feeling that in terms of our current incarnations, the future is not "solidified" if you catch my drift, so it can be influenced to a degree. As far as the past goes we cannot change that from the perspective of our current incarnations, it has and therefore always will exist. But at least we can learn from it an make a choice on the future.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure how. Though, if you can access the ethereal through Lucid dreaming than I guess you could... I dunno, Ask for help...?

I do remember reading about someone who was able to contact her spirit guide through lucid dreaming, so I guess you could ask yours...

As for getting lucid dreams, yeah the excitement can really kill it

I've only recently gotten interested in it, but I heard that spinning and rubbing your hands together can some times help in the dream. (not sure why)

Also it's possible to have lucid dreams but, like most dreams, not remember it. Having a plan beforehand, I heard, helps counter that.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by son of total newbie

Melatonin, huh? I should look into that. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Redajin

I get this lucid dreaming all the time, sometimes as often as 2 or 3 times a week. I get to sleep, dream about something either just ordinary or really wacky like the world is falling to pieces and I'm running away from a huge disaster. It happens more during stressful periods and when I've had a lot on my mind before bed.

Anyway I always wake up half way through it, go back to sleep and re-enter the same dream, sometimes slightly altered. And this can happen several times, sometimes waking up every half hour and going back to the same or similar scenario. And often when I'm dreaming I know I'm dreaming and think to myself what do I want to happen, and sometimes I have some kind of control, although quite limited.

On very rare occasions some form of sleep paralysis seems to occur. Often when this happens or when a dream is either annoying or a bit scary then I think to myself now's a good time to wake up, sometimes this can work, other times not, and sometimes I tell myself that I don't want to waste time waking up because I'm tired, and I know this same dream will come back, so I just plod on. The sleep paralysis is always just before waking up as far as I can remember, and happens when I've tried to wake myself up, but when this happens it takes longer to wake up. And hallucinations can range from giant creatures, to grey aliens, giant spiders or even lights or noises.

edit: I think the best way to describe these kind of lucid dreams/sleep paralysis are as interactive dreams, or lie re-spawing on an FPS maybe, I don't often play those games, but maybe our spirits can spawn anywhere in the universe and can reset themselves at will when a technique is learnt in some way subconciously

[edit on 12-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Redajin

yes you can, there's a great book I suggest to anyone interested called Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming

Just FYI, you can be fully conscious that you are "dreaming" and still not have full control if you take the dreamin' thang further then one might think is possible or experiencing something that is beyond your control. I am a lucid dreamer, was naturally talented at being aware that I am dreaming and talk a lot about dreams in general on the board. I have a thread on dreams, lucid dreams, & astral projection here if you're interested: www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join