It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: 14 YO girl shot in head with a taser! Dash Cam Vid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
why not give a little space and just ring her up, tell her to chill out a bit? Everyone knows kids get wound up over nothing - ice cream and tickle fights usually sorts it.

She doesn't sound like the kind of kid who would chill out with a phone call, a little ice cream, and tickling.

I find it interesting that no one is upset that she smacked her mother around, giving her a fat lip and scratches. It is a shame that kids are allowed to hit their parents, but if the parents hit them back it is called child abuse.

If I had pulled that crap when I was her age (a LONG time ago) I would probably still be in the hospital recovering.

Not saying the cop was right (or wrong) but I hope this kid learned 2 lessons from this: don't hit your mother, and if you are a suspect in a crime investigation don't run from the cops.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by craig732

While agree what the girl did was wrong, and like you, if I had pulled a stunt like that I'd be missing a few teeth... was her actions worth having a taser dart lodged in her brain?

So now rather than administer a sound spanking it's okay to drop your kids off at the police station to be tasered in the head?

Maybe modern parents are too permissive but as a kid I was always sneaking around with my friends getting into mischief that's the nature of teens... the nature of parents is to watch over and protect their children, not hand them over to someone else for even greater trauma.. everyone contributed to the problem but no one forced this cop to take aim at a child

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
After seeing that footage, I now feel informed enough to say that cop should not be a cop.
That wasn't just a bad decision. If that was just due to him making a foolish choice, the guy's extremely mentally unfit for the position.
Trouble is, it really does look like he was intent on teaching that girl a lesson. That would make him an abusive scum.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Tucumcari police chief back at work

Tucumcari Police Chief Roger Hatcher has been cleared of any wrongdoing and reinstated, according to a press release issued late this morning.

Hatcher was placed on administrative leave July 6 after shooting a 14-year-old girl with a Taser stun gun four days earlier.

City Manager Bobbye Rose said in the press release that following an independent investigation the city has determined Hatcher did not violate any city policies.

Rose said Hatcher has been notified in writing and he will return to duty today.

news source

So its seems there is no rights and wrongs anything goes so long as it doesn't violate city policies.

<< 1   >>

join