It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: 14 YO girl shot in head with a taser! Dash Cam Vid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have to send you to a local news station to watch... couple things to remember when you watch..

Police chief Hatcher first said "he got out of his vehicle and called to her but she ran in front of his patrol car across a street without looking for traffic".
watch the vid and asked yourself "What traffic"? this town as around 8,000 folks living there...maybe

Secondly Hatcher says he tried to catch up to the girl by foot but couldn't and believes he had no other option than to fire a Taser dart to stop her.
Watch the vid closely and you can see him draw the taser just as he stepped out of his car.

Koat TV news link

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
He is trying to tell me that he couldn't catch that young girl? He intended to taze that girl from the looks of it to me.

I know if somebody pulled a gun and started to run after somebody they would be booked on 1st degree murder chargers.

I'll have to watch the video again, but it seems like he, as you said, got out of the car with tazer in hand, and then she ran, because she did not have that much of a lead on him.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The second tazar incident I've seen on ats tonight.It seems Police use them as a matter of course.They were supposed to be used against violent or armed attackers, another tool instead of lethal force.But instead we see them used to bully the public.Used without hesitation to force compliance weather violence is used or not.That scar was nasty.These videos are turning people against the police ,because of a minority of officers who obviously haven't got the temperament or the common sense to be in law enforcement.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
"Paid administrative leave..."

That officer deserves to spend a good 5-10 in the can.

Seriously, a 14-year-old girl? HOW was she a threat to the officer or the public? When are we going to outlaw these damned things?

When an adult police officer needs to hit a 14 year old girl in the head with a tazer to stop her, you know there's something wrong with the mindset of these officers.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by INQUISITION11

You are aware that all LEOs who are equipped with tazers are required to be tazed TWICE as part of the training to carry a tazer right? At least that's how it is in the Suffolk County Sheriff's Office ... furthermore they also restrict both tazers and AR-15 rifles to patrol supervisors (sergeants and lieutenants), and members of the Emergency Response Team (SWAT + heavy rescue combined in one). "Normal" deputies only carry a Glock 17 pistol, ASP (collapsible/telescopic baton), and chemical spray.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by INQUISITION11

It's worse than that,the policeman had a predetermined course of action in his mind,since the girl, or someone like her was being sought for alleged domestic violence, so if he did not catch her himself,he was going to use that Taser,while on the move,what a Dick.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

I'm in favor of police having tazars anythings better than being shot in a violent situation.The point is the police are using them incorrectly bullying citizens at the slightest provocation ,the girl was zero threat to that officer.In the UK officers are frequently caught misusing them.For instance tazering stubborn old people.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by INQUISITION11]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Wow - that's pretty dumb... That cop just wanted to tase her, and a head shot?

Sure the girl could probably easily of out ran the cop, she looks fit and she wont weigh much, she could defiantly out sprint him - but if it's so important to contain her why did he not pipe up on the radio? - I don't even really know hey she needed to be contained... She clearly had a phone on her, why not give a little space and just ring her up, tell her to chill out a bit? Everyone knows kids get wound up over nothing - ice cream and tickle fights usually sorts it.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is down right pathetic... I mean a grown man tasing a 14 yr old girl... weak, very weak!

Maybe the officer should workout to build his stamina and leave the donuts and hot coco alone!

The young girl will win the lawsuit... a few hundred thousand plus medical bills. Well, I hope the city has it liability insurance premiums paid or the citizens will soon see a property/utility's tax increase.

This story reminds me of the story I heard a few weeks back when a 72 yr. old women was tasered by a highway patrolman... taking down an elderly woman for not signing a speeding ticket... another pathetic story involving out humble officers of the law!

Alright... I have said my piece! Be good all and see you down the thread!

Ciao!

rgs

[edit on 03/31/2009 by rgseymour]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I really don't know what to say, but I gotta say something and so forgive me if I ramble. This girl didn't threaten the cop. He was not in danger of bodily harm. WTF? He used a taser on her? This is not what taser were accepted for. Taze a 14 year old girl for running away? What's next? A bullet in the back because some cop is so used to driving around he can't run anymore? I used to run when I saw a cop. Not because I did anything wrong. Just because it was fun to see them chase me even though I hadn't done anything wrong and it got them all excited to see me run. lol.

I hope this girl has a father who gives a damn about her and seeks revenge (justice) upon this cop. Wanna taze my girl in the head? How about my boot to your head?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
In my eyes cops more and more are turning into domestic terrorists terrorizing people from the counties and cities that there sworn to protect and serve alot of cops have no respect and they think they can demand it im sorry but respect is earned not givin in my book its a shame when they get away with almost anything with only a suspension and paid leave give me a break because there the law thats a bunch bs this girl maybe deserved to be arrested but tasered in the head cmon she is 14 last i heard you cant even spank your own kids but cops can taser them in the head they get that badge and all of a suddeen there all powerfull its a shame tho these types of officers make it hard for the good cops out there tho another thing i have always wondered is how do they ever expect to get respect from young people growing up always seeing them being very disrespectful do they not know they are role models for kids and acting that way gives the city or state they work for a bad name.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
More new details emerged today...

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - Dash cam video of Tucumcari's Chief of Police shooting a local teen with an electronic stun gun was recently released.

Chief of Police Roger Hatcher said he had no choice but to shoot stun darts at Kailee Martinez, 14, after she ran from him.

Source with another vid

I don't care what he says, there's no call to taser a child unless she poses a risk of harm to herself or others... It's always a mistake to get the police involved the mother was the adult and should have acted like one... Hatcher was way out of line and so was the mother....

MASSIVE copy-and-paste from another site removed.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
got a couple things

first of all, before I start can I say that if this cop wasnt so damned fat and out of shape, maybe he could have caught up to her instead of giving her dome electro shock.

ok.
1. the guy didnt even run 2 feet before pulling his tazer and realizing he was too fat to catch her.
2. If the raodway was sooo busy, and he wanted to protect her from traffic, why would he shoot her, leaving her lying on the street to get ran over by the busy commune? One would think that the quickest way to safety is not by laying in front of the danger. Making him vulnerable as well(but we can all see the lies in this 'report'

nothing other scrutiny needed to see the lies in this case. He looks as if he enjoys deep fried food....so fry his dirty pig self, extra crispy with a side of bbq sauce.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Thanks to this second, clearer vid, we can see the cop already had his taser out when he took off running, smart girl "Stranger Danger Run for it"! and this fat "F" was about to administer one bad touch... he got of his car with the intent to taser her, pure and simple.. he didn't want to chase her, just watch her twitch... before they get more than a few steps he's already taking aim...
Someone should taser him in the head, see how funny he thinks it is?

[edit on 11-7-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
How long before the pig defenders come here and claim that this 'man' was putting his life in line to protect society and uphold justice.

Seriously, if this had been my sister... Then torture would be too good for this sick pig.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is unacceptable...plain and simple..

There was even no charges filed against her from her mother..

Unreal..

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I don't think even the, as you say "Pig Defenders" would touch this one... Seems there's a family history of abusing little girls...

Would it surprise you to learn this cops brother sit's in prison for molesting one girl from age 9 until she was 16...

Larry Hatcher is accused of 76 counts of criminal sexual contact of a child under 13; 12 counts of criminal sexual penetration of a child under 13; 53 counts of criminal contact of a child between 13 and 18; and two counts of rape of a child between 13 and 18, the News Journal reported.

he pleaded it down to 7 counts and got 10 to 15
Source

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The policeman should lose his job. Things are starting to get out of control, folks.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by mr-lizard

I don't think even the, as you say "Pig Defenders" would touch this one... Seems there's a family history of abusing little girls...

Would it surprise you to learn this cops brother sit's in prison for molesting one girl from age 9 until she was 16...

Larry Hatcher is accused of 76 counts of criminal sexual contact of a child under 13; 12 counts of criminal sexual penetration of a child under 13; 53 counts of criminal contact of a child between 13 and 18; and two counts of rape of a child between 13 and 18, the News Journal reported.

he pleaded it down to 7 counts and got 10 to 15
Source

this guy was allowed to be a police officer.
what is this city thinking , maybe there was some other kind of intent here. i think that with his background he should have never been allowed a job with as a officer of law inforcement.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by crawgator406

Yeah maybe he should be but seeing as how the towns Mayor was just busted for dragging his dog behind his car... Makes me wonder just who's going to do the punishing???
Tucumcari mayor charged
with cruelty

top topics

<<   2 >>

join