It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

45 Seconds Between Posts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I was replying to a couple posts in "Introductions" after the first greeting I attempted to reply to the second and recieved this warning.

Your last post was less than 45 seconds ago, and you are not allowed to post that frequently. If you double posted on accident, your first post has been posted, it's just your second post that was stopped. Click here to continue.

WTF.....

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
that's really strange. it's probably just something to cut down on bandwidth. i'm gonna try it in this thread!

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
yup, i got the same message. that is odd. i wonder if it's always been there or it's something new SO has implemented?

[Edited on 5/7/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It's just a precaution to stop spamming and repeat posts which used to be a problem.It's the same with U2U's.

Let's face it how many people are able to send two different messages within 45 seconds ?

Not many.It shouldn't ever effect anyone really.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
yup, i got the same message. that is odd. i wonder if it's always been there or it's something new SO has implemented?

It must be new, I've never received this message before and I have posted twice within 45 seconds when replying to �Introductions� many times.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Let's face it how many people are able to send two different messages within 45 seconds ?

Yeah, I guess it�s no big deal and won�t affect many people but wouldn�t it be better to only apply this rule when responding to the same thread?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well,my guess is that primarily it's to stop spamming.

For when someone posts a long reply and copy and pastes it all over the board.

As I said it's pretty difficult to post two meaningful replies to two threads within 45 secs and I doubt it will effect anyone.

If it makes everyone feel better I received the same message yesterday.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
For when someone posts a long reply and copy and pastes it all over the board.

Oh, I didn't know we had a problem with spaming the entire board with the same message. The only place I've seen it was in the same thread. Thanks for the clarification JohnBull 1.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Its not new btw. Its more to stop automated spamming. But 45seconds is nothing if you are writing a post.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Its not new btw.

I thought it was because I had never seen that warning.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is a really good idea. I like the post-to-post timeout. I think it should be an even 1 minute instead of 45 seconds.

This is a great idea to help prevent spamming and double-posts which both p**s the s**t outta me. (HOWS THAT FOR A SENTENCE? ["p**s the s**t"]
)

w00t. I heart this idea.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

But 45seconds is nothing if you are writing a post.

Kano, that would be your hope, anyway

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

But 45seconds is nothing if you are writing a post.

Kano, that would be your hope, anyway

Yes, but it's a little bit more annoying when you reply to u2u's, and you type quickly on the keyboard.

top topics

join