It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Filmed a GREEN UFO!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It's a green laser you hoaxer. You can tell because of the laser scatter that can only be created by a laser because of it's polarization.

en.wikipedia.org...

You can obviously see the laser scattering that is used to make DVD's and CD's possible. Only lasers create that type of scatter.

This topic should be removed and the user banned for breaching T&C, for posting knowingly false information.

images.google.com...

forums.bit-tech.net...

www.mvktech.net...

Green laser pointer:

Go take your HOAX somewhere else!!!

[edit on 13-7-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Errrhhh! Hoaxers make me angry...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Yes gotta agree with you mate a green DPSS laser pointer shone at some solid object, you can see the scatter as you state. i use to own a WICKED 90MW green DPSS and that looked like what i could of done. on a side note i could lite a match and burn black bin bags with my beast.

EDIT to corect DPSS (direct pumped solid state)

[edit on 13/7/2009 by stealthyaroura]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Yeah I know, I used to make my own burning lasers with DVD writer/burner diodes, and even a Blue Ray burner diodes. I have 3 green lasers and there is no mistaking it.

I know a LOT about light.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It has scatter because of the crappy camera and i had zoom on max, filmed the moon and it has scatter, explain the flashes of light and how it turns white?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
It has scatter because of the crappy camera and i had zoom on max, filmed the moon and it has scatter, explain the flashes of light and how it turns white?

No buddy, you aren't going to full me with the act.

The scatter from the moon is different from that scatter from lasers. The moon causes atmospheric rayleigh scattering. I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about speckle scatter that is caused mainly by lasers. In your video you can see speckle scatter.

The flashes of light are caused by somebody (probably you) turning the laser on and off. When you turn a laser on and off fast like that, the laser diode doesn't get the correct amount of voltage and amperage. That changes the wavelength of the laser slightly, which changes the color seen with a camera.

If you look at my laser examples in the extreme center you can see a very light green that almost looks like it is white. This is caused because the speckle scatter is reflecting directly back into the camera in that spot. Making it look more white, and bright, because of the intensity.

Also, on ALL cameras there is an infrared cut filter lens (ICF). The ICF is to filter out infrared wavelengths so the camera film or CCD only captures crisp visible light colors. Without an ICF on a camera everything will look very bright and white, all washed out. Crappy cameras have crappy ICF lens. That is why you can see the IR light on a TV remote with a crappy camera, but not with your bare eyes.

That is why the laser also looks white when flashing on and off. The flashing changed power input on the diode, and the wavelength of the laser temporarily changed, and the IR cut filter wasn't powerful enough to block out all the infrared wavelength, and some was reaching your CCD.

en.wikipedia.org...

-You can fool some people, but not all of them.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Freeze the frame somewhere between second 25 to 27. The UFO becomes as small as just a few pixels. I can't conceive how someone would be able to make a green laser appear as such.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
was it a laser??if not could it be some sort of mors code?interesting non the less.what happent afterwards op?did it move vanish?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stevedel0

Not only does it look like the green laser was being turned on and off, but it also looks like someone was moving their fingers, or something else across the beam to make it flash. The laser only appears that small because you freeze the frame at that point, when something is passing over the beam.

The beam is partially being blocked, making it look smaller at some points.

Get a flash light and wave your hand in front of it, and at some points the circular light is partially blocked making the light look smaller at certain frames of reference.

I would make an example but I don't want to waste any more time on this deliberate HOAX.

The color (wavelength) is the same as a green laser, the inner color is the same also, the speckle reflection is the same. Everything is the same as a green laser. It IS a green laser.

And I don't believe the OP one bit.

If you want to believe this green laser is a UFO, go for it. Just know that you will probably get fooled by a green laser in the future as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

No need for an explanation. Partially blocked is a pretty simple concept.

I took a good look at this video as I do when I'm not sure whether it is hoax or not. The green light is not the only object in question. There are at least 3 other different lights. Very small, white, slightly moving and flashing. We cannot discount the whole video as a hoax just because one object might be explainable as a laser. That would be working backwards. If those lights are not yet explained then the video might not show a laser in it at all, but rather an actual green light flashing down from the sky with other anomalies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join