It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Absinthe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
In reading about the sale of a Picasso at an old client of mine, Sothebys, one interpretation of the painting was that it was commentary on a practice of that day....smoking Absinthe. I have never heard of that; I thought it was simply a drink, all be it a near drug tripping expereince one.
Is it the actual wormwood that's being smoked?
And of course, has anyone ever done this?

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by Bout Time]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I wasn't aware of being able to smoke it, but when I used Google to find out, I found this ...

Thujone (ingredient in absinthe) has been given bad press but I still don't think that consuming large amounts of volatile oil for long periods has anything to recommend it. Also the thujone has strong stimulating effects, noticeable when smoking wormwood - which as Howie says is nothing like smoking Mugwort. Presumably absinthe had the same degree of stimulation and thus people were encouraged to drink more and abuse it.
www.ibiblio.org...

Absinthe FAQ

I drank absinthe about four years ago, as did KayEm. She had a different experience to me so she can explain that. When I tried it, it was like being completely ratarsed for about an hour, and after that, nothing. No hangover either.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
You can't smoke absinthe.

You can use a spoon designed for the purpose to pass it through sugar while it's lit, to make it more palatable and create a luminous effect.

The traditional method is all part of the fun.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Absinthe can be smoked.

I recently purchased 4oz of Absinthe Wormwood off of Ebay and they have just arrived. I have been doing research about the plant while waiting for them and found many interesting concepts. However smoking absinthe is quite easy and enjoyable.

First, add 1oz Absinthe Wormwood to your blender with a shot or two of 100 proof alcohol. Blend this mixture to a fine powdery mush and add more alcohol if mixture gets too dry.

Next, empty the mix into a pan and add low heat on the stove. Given time, the alchohol will dissolve and you'll be left with a pasty resign. Collect this from the pan by scraping it off. This is what you'll be smoking. You can roll up a jibber or put it in a tobacco water pipe. Either way the smoke is said to be smooth and enjoyable (unlike the drink)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You can snort it though..................not good for nasal linings nor sinuses but a quick hit.

Did it a couple of times but I was already under the influence of other substances.

smoking? never heard if it

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
You can smoke absinthe, just last night i was at an absinthe bar in belgium and one of the methods used can be to smoke it in a small glass pipe burning the alcahol and thujone and inhaling it, also many stores that sell absinthe glass, spoons and fountains also sell the pipes, it is a perfectly legitimte way to consume. I have not tried this way yet but ive only just arrived here and found the place. Dont be scared of this maybe a little research first if it helps but absinthe is very good. Sorry about the anon post but i was just passing through.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Ive still got a bottle left if anyone wants to come around and pour some on their baccy to try.I dont know why everyone flips out over absinthe like its some kind of mystical drink yea it gives you a nice buzz but nothing to write home about.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Yes it can be smoked, DUH! Masked Avatar, (whos no longer here) Where the heck did you go anyway?
Traitor.

Anyway, that goes for you too, Pisky.

I know where its sold - right on the Internet where i get my Kava (to steady my nerves)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join