It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian village with 250 sets of twins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Wow 250 twins in one village. pretty dam strange. too strange to be a coincidence. must be something in the water.

maybe it has something to do with aliens... who knows.

maybe they are the subject of fertility experiments by the goverment.

What ever it is scientist are trying to determine the cause.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Intresting ... water was my frist guess also. Could just be genetics from long ago and there has been inbreeding...but that really dosen't seem to fit,especially since the number increases....hmmm.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Wow.............Probability or genetic manipulation?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by MR BOB

Wow.............Probability or genetic manipulation?

That's what 1st came into my mind too.

Maybe even a clooning programme? Who knows ......

This cannot be just a coincedence

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I wonder if they eat a lot of sweet potatoes (yams) in their diet? It's believed that may increase the chance of multiple births.

About halfway down the page

[edit on 9/7/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
That is very odd, does anyone remember the Red Rain of Kerala? I occurred 2001 or so. If this phenomenon happened only a few years before these births, they maybe connected.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 9-7-2009 by AngelHeart]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

This is strange. I guess some types of twins skip a generation, not that I know anything about which ones.
My guess would be the water also. Star and flag!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I think someone should put two and two together and research this.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This reminded me of a story i read a while back.

www.dailymail.co.uk... html

The Twins from Brazil: Did Nazi doctor Mengele - the Angel of Death - cause twin surge in South American town?

A notorious Nazi doctor known as the 'Angel of Death' is behind an alarming number of twins born in a small Brazilian town, a historian has claimed.

Josef Mengele was an SS physician in Auschwitz concentration camp where in a bid to create a master race for Adolf Hitler he carried out genetic experiments to find the key to producing twins.

The aim was to artificially increase the Aryan birthrate.

In 1945 he fled the advancing Red Army and made his way to South America.

It is there that the medic, who is believed to have been responsible for up to 400,000 deaths in medical experiments at Auschwitz, may have succeeded in his mission.

Baffled scientists had been struggling to come up with a reason for the high proportion twins in the tiny Brazilian town of Candido Godoi - most of them blond-haired and blue-eyed.

A staggering one in five pregnancies there have resulted in the birth of twins - the usual rate is one in 80.

Argentine historian Jorge Camarasa has now come up with an astonishing theory.

Makes you wonder what those Nazis were up to doesnt it?

[edit on 01/06/09 by LiveForever8]

[edit on 01/06/09 by LiveForever8]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Do you have a more recent citation? Producing offspring that have blond hair/blue eyes requires gene manipulation. I doubt the Nazi's had that kind of power at their disposal.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelHeart

After speaking to the townspeople of Candido Godoi, he is convinced that Mengele continued his genetic experiments with twins – with startling results.
He reveals how, after working with cattle farmers in Argentina to increase their stock, Mengele fled the country after fellow Nazi, Adolf Eichmann, was kidnapped by Israeli agents.
He claims that Mengele found refuge in the German enclave of Colonias Unidas, Paraguay, and from there, in 1963, began to make regular trips to another predominantly German community just over the border in Brazil – the farming community of Candido Godoi. And, Mr Camaras claims, it was here that soon after the birthrate of twins began to spiral. "I think Candido Godoi may have been Mengele's laboratory, where he finally managed to fulfil his dreams of creating a master race of blond haired, blue eyed Aryans," he said. "There is testimony that he attended women, followed their pregnancies, treated them with new types of drugs and preparations, that he talked of artificial insemination in human beings, and that he continued working with animals, proclaiming that he was capable of getting cows to produce male twins."
The urbane German who arrived in Candido Godoi was remembered with fondness by many of the townspeople. "He told us he was a vet," said Aloisi Finkler, a local farmer interviewed by Mr Camarasa. "He asked about illnesses we had among our animals, and told us not to worry, he could cure them. He appeared a cultured and dignified man."
Another farmer, Leonardo Boufler, said: "He went from farm to farm checking the animals. He checked them for TB, and injected those that were infected. He said he could carry out artificial insemination of cows and humans, which we thought impossible as in those days it was unheard of."

But the Nazi eugenicist did not concentrate on animals alone. A former mayor and town doctor, Anencia Flores da Silva, set out to try to solve the town's mystery. He interviewed hundreds of people, and discovered one character who crept on cropping up: an itinerant medic calling himself Rudolph Weiss. Dr da Silva said: "In the testimonies we collected we came across women who were treated by him, he appeared to be some sort of rural medic who went from house to house. He attended women who had varicose veins and gave them a potion which he carried in a bottle, or tablets which he brought with him. Sometimes he carried out dental work, and everyone remembers he used to take blood."
The people of Candido Godoi now largely accept that a Nazi war criminal was an inadvertent guest of theirs for several years in the early 1960s. The town's official crest shows two identical profiles and a road sign welcomes visitors to a "Farming Community and Land of the Twins". There is also a museum, the House of the Twins.

http://w ww.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/brazil/4307262/Nazi-angel-of-death-Josef-Mengele-created-twin-town-in-Brazil.html

Some more info. Im currently looking further into the subject and may post a new thread dedicated to it. It just too interesting!

new topics

top topics

join