It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone for manufactured meat?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I found this this morning on MSN homepage which i thought rather interesting.... looks like notso long down the road we'll be eating manufactured meats instead of killing animals for it.... now i'm an animal lover but i have to eat meat because that's what my body loves and my taste buds love so in order for me not to feel so guilty i'll be giving this manufactured meat a try and hopefully it will taste just like the chicken & beef we eat now.... hopefully it won't taste rubbery or plasticky!!

tech.uk.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Anyone for Soylent Green?

Yumyum

As long as it looks nice, and they tell us it's good for us, we won't ask where it came from will we?

[edit on 9/7/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
you know what i wonder, is where the line is drawn between what meat goes to feed our pets than to what is deemed fit for humans?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

I suppose so but they were telling us coffee was no good for us until a few days ago......

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Have you tried 'veggie meat'?? They taste very good!!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Mind you when it comes to manufactured meat, the old version of the MacDonalds chicken nuggets, were sort of maunfactured.
Reprocessed chicken from the parts that were 'unsavoury', the feet, bones, skin and innards of a chicken were processed to a mush and then pressed into the nugget shapes, thats the image that springs to mind when people say 'manufactured' meats, any part of the animal that isn't instantly identifiable as meat is repackaged for our convenience and delectation.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I think it would be great,after i got over the initial...growing meat part.I wouldn't have a problem.The way they describe having to put it on big sheets that stretch it out to simulate exercise so its not all chewy etc sounds weird.But all in all it would be a great thing,vegetarians could start eating meat again,the ecological impact of the meat industry would diminish,all the methane released from such livestock would be reduced in which case if your a fan of global warming that would help alot as methane is far worse than C02.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

Have you tried 'veggie meat'?? They taste very good!!

Yes!

And it tastes nothing like meat nor does it have the same texture.
Sure it can smell and look similar, and i would love to eat veggie rather than an animal dying to fead me, but there realy is no substitute for real meat.

Grown real meat would be great!!!!

[edit on 9-7-2009 by no1dea]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
As long as it tastes good, looks good, and is just as healthy; then I think this is a fantastic idea. Population is rising while land available for farming is not, therefore the ONLY way we can feed people is by increasing productivity. Manufactured food is the next step.

[edit on 9/7/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
double post, please remove.

[edit on 9/7/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

I have tried it but to me it just didn't have the same taste........

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

You are right it will cut down on CO2 emmissions which is obviously a great thing........ lets hope people cut down on having 4, 5, 6 or in some cases 8 children too & that people stop building!

Our Oxygen supply is dwindling as we speak........

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Perhaps this meat will be better for us, ... as it doesn't contain all the hormones and toxins the animals consume, ... and produce.

.... they already use textured soy protein in vegetarian stuff, .... It's not bad if you know what to buy, ....... but for the price, ... sometimes I'd rather go out and kill an animal myself !! .. ahah

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Alot of vegetarians just buy any soy product,vegetarian because they dont like animals being killed...yet the amount of habitat destroyed hence animals killed by planting the stuff in the amazon is tremendous...gotta love lifes little ironies.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
That is the future of meat farming.

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
I found this this morning on MSN homepage which i thought rather interesting.... looks like notso long down the road we'll be eating manufactured meats instead of killing animals for it.... now i'm an animal lover but i have to eat meat because that's what my body loves and my taste buds love so in order for me not to feel so guilty i'll be giving this manufactured meat a try and hopefully it will taste just like the chicken & beef we eat now.... hopefully it won't taste rubbery or plasticky!!

tech.uk.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I love meat (and fish) and if it has the same texture and taste of real meat to the degree that I cannot tell the difference then I will stop eating animals and eat the invitro meat.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Oh dear what will happen to PITA?
lol who will they target then. I know! children's ant farms!

Hmmm manufactured meat.....sounds very synthetic in flavor......I like my BBQ ribs to much to go along with this one.

[edit on 7/9/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
So you peopel really have no idea waht your eating right now?
Half teh "meat" you get is likely fake already. stuff is nasty anyway.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Yes, if such a product were available and sufficiently authentic in appearance and taste, I would immediately switch to it.

You could even be a cannibal if you wanted - no harm done. Come to think of it, you could even eat yourself.

Now that's an idea...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Oh no

I see the thread from years away

"Man arrested for eating engineered Human Meat"

This opens up some very weird doors for people

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join