It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grim Reaper Fact Or Fiction?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Wasn't the whole grim reaper thing because of the black death? And those hooded figures people saw with scythes before the illness struck? I know that death became a major figure in art around that time due to 1/3 of people in Europe dying.

I have heard of the angel of death, though--so maybe there's some connection with that. The angel of death preceded the grim reaper, I believe. But then the Japanese have had their myths about shinigami--which are basically the same thing. So, your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
Wasn't the whole grim reaper thing because of the black death? And those hooded figures people saw with scythes before the illness struck? I know that death became a major figure in art around that time due to 1/3 of people in Europe dying.

I have heard of the angel of death, though--so maybe there's some connection with that. The angel of death preceded the grim reaper, I believe. But then the Japanese have had their myths about shinigami--which are basically the same thing. So, your guess is as good as mine.

The idea of Angels of Death predate ancient Sumeria. So yeah, they are very old. But i don't know about the Grim Reaper, but i have to agree that the Grim Reaper we know today came in with the Black death.

<< 1  2   >>

join