It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grim Reaper Fact Or Fiction?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
I personaly think he's a hired hand to guide souls either up or down..but I don't know for sure beins i don't know if its spelled out in the Bible or not..

i don't think its evil,but i have never had a ''true'' experience as others here..I feel as its more or less a job,that gets done when its your time to be judged..

But i have always imagined him like this..I really do..lol

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Redpillblues]

That is pretty much dead on as to what I saw...no pun intended, truly. Only for a split second so I didn't have much detail.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

I feel that theres a time scheduled for you..I have come too close a few times..One time i almost slipped of the roof of my states capital when i was working there..I slid down the peek on frost and my boots grabbed the 5 inches of flat asphalt at the edge..I sometimes think about it at night and get a terribly hot feeling..Did i cheat Mr.death? I don't know but i know the feeling I get when i think of it and it isnt right...Maybe he tests ya for an early appointment with the big guy?

Mr.BOB,no med school for me..been in a few in my former life in the army and a few in my work after in construction..the one I whent in the cooler was in a nut house..It only had two racks,a table,old porcilan sink and a floor drain..It was made in the 40's if I remember correctly..really creepy down in the basement..But i happened to relocate a couple full fledge straight jackets though..

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

He's like Pratchett's 'Death.' ?

That would be great wouldn't it?
Death as a figure with dry humor.

The Death I have seen, more then once, doesn't resemble Terry's Death in any way. It's eyes are like devestating forces of Nature of which there seems to be no escape once they catch yours.

The only way to survive Him is to let go of ALL your fear and look Him straight in the eye and stare back.

Anyway that helped me. But I forgot to ask His name though .....

I call Him 'Cthulhu' the One who whispers in the Darkness .....

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I never really thought of an actual Death being, like the Grim Reaper. The archetype of a literal Death is all psychological - you're gonna see what you are programmed by culture and expectations to see.

I doubt that there is a Grim Reaper - in all honesty what is probably seen is likely your guide to the next step. We fear the darkness, and death, so we see this image in only fearful images. I don't think there is a Death anymore. Death is not an end, merely a passageway.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
If there is one, I hope he's like Pratchett's 'Death.'

Other than that, I'm reminded of those stories that say if you die in a dream you die in real life. It makes sense to many, but begs the obvious question...

I can easily refute that. I've died several times in my dreams. Usually drowning, once in awhile I'm murdered. And yet here I am! For all that good does me...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I've also died in my dreams, infact twice in one night in two separate dreams.

I also saw the grim reaper when I was young, about 12 years old. I was having a school sleep-over and it was about 10PM, I had to go to the toilet so me and a class mate went together. The bathroom area is in a fenced off area after-hours, and the fence turns into a roof so it's pretty much a cage.

As I was washing my hands I looked over to the right, outside, and there it was. A tall (6.5"?) black figure with no face. It was too dark to tell if it was a robe with a hood but I couldn't see a face and it just stood there, looking at me as I looked at it. After a few seconds I freaked and started sprinting back inside the school. My friend said he never saw anything, but he also never looked.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Haha I immediately thought of Terry Pratchett too.
I have wondered if Death was real for a long time. I cant remember why but when I was little (I think around gr.4) I was obsessed with the grim reaper for some reason and drew him CONSTANTLY, in fact I still have those drawings around. The first ever was drawn in red for some reason. But it eventually became a big part of my life, he became a character for some drawings and stories I wrote.
Whatever the reason why I am glad because I have cheated death quite a few times, including one unbelievable time in that gave me permanent neck damage...

Originally posted by Nventual
As I was washing my hands I looked over to the right, outside, and there it was.

That is called a pedophile

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Ridhya]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
i wish I had the patience to do a study onto cheating death and then catching up to you within a few days or weeks..

Example the past air france flight that went down,and the lady who didnt get on but died a few days or weeks later..

I would surmise that it would be too broad to look into everyones death,and the evidence of an earlier possibility simply would not be there..But if one would look into the more media covered tradgedys i igeuss one could come up with some kind of study..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
Haha I immediately thought of Terry Pratchett too.
I have wondered if Death was real for a long time. I cant remember why but when I was little (I think around gr.4) I was obsessed with the grim reaper for some reason and drew him CONSTANTLY, in fact I still have those drawings around. The first ever was drawn in red for some reason. But it eventually became a big part of my life, he became a character for some drawings and stories I wrote.
Whatever the reason why I am glad because I have cheated death quite a few times, including one unbelievable time in that gave me permanent neck damage...

Originally posted by Nventual
As I was washing my hands I looked over to the right, outside, and there it was.

That is called a pedophile

Nah, this was a tall black figure, have never seen anybody so tall before, and was all black.. certainly wasn't some African pedophile if that's what you're suggesting.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Haha I meant because you were TWELVE!

As for cheating death I would be interested in a survey, I know I am not the only one. I havent died yet but I have had a dream that said I will die at 27. Thats quite long enough for me so long as the world keeps on the way it is

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
seeing how the discussion has also revolved around a corollary issue, I think I'll bring it up into the mix and see...

So, we have this idea of Death as a real persona... and the question is: is death something fated that comes and gets you afterward, or if you dodge it, is that it? Do fate and free will conflict when someone dodges a fated death?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MagoSA

now there is a question to contemplate, if death is a literal being, there have been a few stories around that would sortof support this theory you describe take for example:

An Italian woman who arrived late for the Air France plane flight that crashed in the Atlantic last week has been killed in a car accident, it has been reported.

Source and rest of story

Yes could be taken as a coincidence or Fate as has been discussed HERE

iv tried searching around for similer stories but not found any yet i will keep looking though so see if similer has happened in other cases

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Whenever you think of death you think of the figure in the black cloak and holding a tool what used to be used by farmers(forgot the name). But hasn't death been around since the beginning? If so that means perhaps some farmers have seen him and stolen his idea. Or otherwise he doesn't have one at all and looks different.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
what if i told you i saw death, and that it might of touched me he is a spiritual being. but anyways he pricked me multiple times and i still survived but that was after my near death experience so maybe the fact that since i survuved death i cant be killed by death at least that seems to be the case.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Ah, the Grim Reaper isn't all that grim. He's actually fun to hang around with, and if you've ever seen that little fat guy on Seinfeld, you know what the "grim" Reaper looks like.

Of course the guy on Seinfeld was more of a talker.

The Reaper is just doing his job, and there's no use holding it against him.

And he still falls for the "MARCO!" joke.

Every time, if he's nearby, he'll say, "POLO!"

You'd think he'd get it by now.

Already told him, "Do not hold back, hesitate tentatively, or walk on cat-feet, but walk up boldly when it's my time, and I'll willingly take your hand. We've known each other for far too long to not each know what to expect."

What? He'll come for everyone that reads this thread, and fearing him is useless.

Death is nothing to fear.

Dying is easy.

Living is the bitch.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I am seeing death. I saw him two nights ago. Now he is sitting in my computer chair in my room, staring at me. I am getting the chills right now. I can't look at him but I feel his presence. I am only 22. But I am also ready for death at times so I can meet the ones I love. I am just now turning my life around. I just don't know what to do or think. The first time I saw him, my granfather died the next day. The second time I saw him my cousin died around the same time. He was only 20. Is it my time?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Now he is waving me to him, but I don't think I'm ready yet

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I decided to go sit in the chair for fear he would kill someone close to me if I didn't oblige to go with him. His presence is a lot warmer than I expected. It was very scary to be able to walk here as I could see him for most of it. Still here though, I don't know though because now he is behind me with his hands on my shoulders. I get the feeling that he is gonna give me more time, but that my fate is set after I finish my works. I also get the feeling that he will leave my family alone. At least until I am gone. I was more scared of that though I think

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Have you ever wtached Paranormal Witness? There are accounts on a Hospital (i can't remember names from this episode sorry.) Where people working there would tell they would often see a black-shapped entity with what seemed like a black/purple skull in the place of a head. Workers would tell that this entity would show up short moments after a person death and would scare and pursuit them around the mortuary. I also heard similar stories from hospitals in my country.

On anpther much older tv show "Famous hauntings" i believe. One of thosee celebrities described almost the same entity, which showed up in her bedroom at night, but the entity dissapeared once her daughter showed up in her bedroom thanks to her screams. After going to a fortune teller or something, the vident told her that an old friend (who know hated her) sent an angel of death in order to to take her life. Luckily, she said that Angels of Death are incredible rare and can easily be sent away with simple gestures (like turning lights off), unlike demons.

Also based on personall experience, i believe those things are real. But i odn't believe they are neither evil or good, they aee just like mother-nature, doing a job that predate morals.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
True.

Been with him in 4 dreams whilst he is in the form of Cronus or Saturn.

If you ever meet a guy that resembles 'the Architect' in the film 'The Matrix' with a similar beard; that is Cronus.

He exists and cannot be trusted no matter what he tempts you with.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join