It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Eel in toxic waters video or hoax?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
At first glance, I figured this was just some hoax video, but I was curious enough to download it and review it frame by frame, I was most interested in the dogs movement and it seemed pretty consistant with being flopped around.

If its a hoax, its a well made one, but I guess I am not seeing either the point or the major flaws in it.

I know that there are stories about how the creature of lochness is just incredibly massive eels, but not sure if eels of this size have ever come to surface to begin with...

anyhow, enjoy

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If the water is highly toxic then why would they be taking a small row boat out into it?

If the video is highly confidential then why is it on youtube?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The movements are not natural movements of a living being, and it moves to fast. This is clearly cgi but I have quick two questions, one: you believe this? if yes then "are you dumb"? no offense.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by f3rm1N
The movements are not natural movements of a living being, and it moves to fast. This is clearly cgi but I have quick two questions, one: you believe this? if yes then "are you dumb"? no offense.

Ahh well, the movements do not concern me much, snakes and eels move differently than people, I wonder what you classify as natural movements...have you gone frame by frame and decided that due to your vast amount of zoology in your expert opinion, eels and snakes do not move with quick twitching?

quick two answers
I believe in nothing until I have heard both sides of a argument, weigh the facts from credible people in positions to assess the truth or false aspects of something
the second answer is no, I am not stupid, hense my ability to open my mind enough to consider things that are not ordinarily considered.

quick two questions back to you
Do you disbelieve anything that doesnt make sense?
And, do you find that trying to character assassinate someone typically easier than actually engaging your brain or are you just making an exception?

no offense

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
If the water is highly toxic then why would they be taking a small row boat out into it?

If the video is highly confidential then why is it on youtube?

Where does it say its highly toxic?
Where does it say its confidential?

concerns about toxic level does not equal highly toxic...hell, our drinking water has a certain amount of toxins in them...concerning amounts is not glowing green.

not even sure where you got the confidential bit from.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I am no expert.
CGI, the eel follows the exact route out and in, the womans arm would have almost been ripped off or at least she would have almost fallen in.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
the video DOES say its highly toxic and highly confidential. in the beginning. theres text at the bottom that says it.

and it seems to be pretty obvious fake to me

[edit on 8-7-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
I am no expert.
CGI, the eel follows the exact route out and in, the womans arm would have almost been ripped off or at least she would have almost fallen in.

pretty similar path, I didnt even pay attention to the actual path it took, was too busy looking at the dogs movements.

as far as the arm being ripped off, it appears the belt snapped, but the quality is low enough to where you cant see a actual break...her hand moves a bit when it happens but it didnt seem like it was enough for a pulling break.

I am wondering why, if it is a hoax, they would both make it, and then alert police to it...isnt it against the law to file a false report pretty much worldwide. Hoaxing is one thing, getting the cops involved is another that could get you heavily fined or spend a few weeks in the pokey...which made me decide not to immediately dismiss it.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

great compositing job with the eel and splash, and treatment of the vid for compressions sake.. but shotty on the newscaster's set.. looks too out of place too futuristic to be commonplace.. too much flash to be convincing.

and if you did the animation Saturn"FX" then you should have hired someone better to do it.. it's jerky and sci-fi channel worthy but not major-feature convincing in the least.
you didn't sell me, nor any of the other posters on it.

should have been slower..closer to the dock.. and taken part of the dock with it with it's weight/bite.. and the cameraman's pretend shock needs to be less contrived.

but for a demo reel.. go for it.. nice work.. take the advice from a fellow VFX pro and keep it in mind next time.

try posting on CGTALK or Spinquad next time..
man what a waste of time making 30 posts just so that you could post this.. try this on a conspiracy/cryptid site ..lawllzz

-

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
the video DOES say its highly toxic and highly confidential. in the beginning. theres text at the bottom that says it.

and it seems to be pretty obvious fake to me

[edit on 8-7-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

That word is "coincidental", not "confidential"

they mean different things

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

and if you did the animation Saturn"FX" -

Nope, not mine...if you want to find out where it came from, I suggest talking to the girl that uploaded it. I find hoax videos disgusting...and if I was to put the time and effort into making something, I damn sure would have signed my name to it...I dont do free anonymous work.

And your right, the news looks cheesy, but hey...its one of them latin channels.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

oops sorry. guess i read what i wanted to. oh well. sorry

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I do think it's fake, cgi or something however it's pretty good and whoever did this should come work in Hollywood.

There's so much out there now that looks "real" sometimes it's hard to tell.

Scary anyway, next time I'm walking on a dock I'll remember this clip.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I read it wrong also.

It says High toxic levels and not confidential.

If there are high levels of toxins in the water why are they going out in a small row boat?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I read it wrong also.

It says High toxic levels and not confidential.

If there are high levels of toxins in the water why are they going out in a small row boat?

oh hell, theres high levels of toxic chemicals and such in our own lakes, consider the hudson...they even find radioactive materials in there...and people fish from the hudson.
High levels of toxic chemicals can mean alot of things, from effects on algae growth, to fish reproduction rates, visibility, and in some extreme cases, endangering life of plants or animals.
really only in situations like nuclear waste would a lake, river, or the like become dangerous to humans

its the whole green movement thing..you know, stop polluting our lakes and streams, etc...else we will get giant mutant eels

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is not even funny. Its so clear CGI if I ever saw one, and badly made if you ask me.

Probably from some upcomming movie.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

I disagree. I think it's hilarious. I laughed quite a bit over it.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
It's kind of depressing that people have to ask if that was real or not...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Poorly done Computer Graphic, in my opinion. If it had been a real eel attack, the woman in the video WOULD have been pulled into the water as well, simply because she wouldn't have had time to pull her hand out of the leash.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Since when do eels jump out of the water to catch their prey. I used to catch and eat them everyday. I never seen an eel jump out of water for any reason.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join