It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Eel in toxic waters video or hoax?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Thank you for wasting 55 seconds of my precious time.

Not a one liner.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Sure it's true.
But it isn't from toxic water.
The eels original owner had it *chipped*.
Just look what happened.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
its clearly CGI.

Look at the pixelisation that surrounds the edges of the 'eel'.

besides eels arent the types to pop out and chomp somthing. theyre deep level organisms that generally like to feed on small plankton or small fry schools of fish found deep in the oceans.

definitely a fake. but one of the better ones.
IMHO i.e.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
kids in their 1st week of film school have made better stuff then this

this is really REALLY pathetic that its on ats, if for anything other then a joke

i mean if theres anyone out there that thinks this can be real

well that worries me

just for information for anyone who thinks its real

just focus on the water, and watch how the waves made by the "eel" interact with the water

obviously special fx

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Dramey]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This is one of THE WORST Fakes I've ever seen. There is no movement from anyone when the "Eel" pops out the water, making a loud noise.

It wouldn't have the muscle strength to carefully pick up the dog like that, more likely it would of just dived for it and/or the woman.

This is pathetic, and the dog at least would of jerked had it heard a noise come from behind it.

Nice try saturnFX but your name, kinda gives it away.

We will certainly be denying YOUR ignorance...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
And also look how the ripples in the water happen the retract into their own footprint!

When it tryies to swim away, you can clearly see some sort of loop it is in.

You can also see that whatever the people point to, isn't where they're pointing.

All this and I am far from being a video or CGI expert!

This is rubbish. And if you don't think this is a hoax then I pity you.

AND deny your ignorance.

tO

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You werent the only one, quite clearly fake

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Oh god. You shouldn't even have to ask if this is fake or not. As for the technical side of things, The splashes are quite good. As the eel comes out of the water. But the actual eel itself is tacky straight to video fodder. Anaconda 5 or sum trash

Oh and the womens arm doesn't even move as the dog on the leash is ripped from it. Surely her arm would almost be ripped out of the socket?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashestoashes
its clearly CGI.

Look at the pixelisation that surrounds the edges of the 'eel'.

Don't argument on image quality using a youtube flick please, thats just useless.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Thats not real, .... although I was watching faces of death once, ... and some teens were swimming in a small lake next where toxic waste was being dumped.

One of the girls came out with a Huuuuuge Leech on her arm, ...... and when I saw Huge, .. I mean it was almost the size of her forearm.

I belive the cops were called out, and a deputy kept trying to pry it off with a knife, or burn it .... but the leech kept diggin its teeth in deeper. Eventualy they took her to the hospital, .... but the leech had been on too long, .... and injected her with too much toxic saliva. She died.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

haahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

where was this video from, is that really a real news report ???? REally ?!?1

i mean come on..! LOL

thats won my "dumb video of the day " award

star for the laugh! thanks!

[edit on 8-7-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

HAHA... the OP must be green at looking at CGI based videos, as this is obviously CGI.

Funny though...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
that video is awesome. I didn't expect to see that at all. The giant eel skimming the surface is silly, not eel like at all. The eel in the video is common in NY. I've got several of them in traps off the dock to be used for some serious striper fishing. The person who posted the video has NYC in her name which would imply she's local, like the eel and no, they are not that big.

They don't skim along the surface. They are bottom dwellers, they prefer dark areas, rocks, etc. So, seeing the eel skim the surface like a hovercraft was comical. Of course, very few fish skim the surface, swimming out of the water like that. Fish rarely leave the water on their own as they need to be submerged to breathe. Another comical aspect, the eel saw the dog, out of the water, on the dock. no small feat. Then it shot out of the water and grabbed the little dog in the first try, perfectly. How, when it would be looking up from beneath the dock, could it have seen the dog in the first place and, more important, how could it have seen the dog so perfectly as to time that jump and nail the bite? Anyone who has ever swam under water and looked up will tell you, vision beyond the surface is not so good.

read the comments on the youtube page - nobody in Spain has heard of this and the woman who posted it says she downloaded it from another site but doesn't reference it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

How? Haven't you been to Sea World? Never saw a dolphin jump 15 feet into the air and grab a fish from the trainers hand?
Something like how the archer fish does it maybe. Now a big one of these guys would be scary.

I still think the video is hilarious.

[edit on 7/9/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I personally think that this thread should be moved to the HOAX section of ATS, as the video posted by the OP is obviously faked.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

those dolphin are trained to do that. the video wants you to think this attack was not planned (and real but that's besides the point) so, you need to take the practice out of the equation.

You think a dolphin can, first try, leap out of the water and grab a dog off the top of a dock? watch the angle and trajectory of the eel. there's no way it could see the dog from there, making it impossible to accurately snatch the dog in one swift motion.

of course, given the whole cgi thing, there's little point debating any of it, other than for sport. same goes with the jesus walk the eel does as it takes off. no eel does that.

here's the american eel:

and the conger eel:

the congers, as you can see, grow pretty big. according to the things I've read, american eels can grow up to 5 feet. congers look to get a bit bigger. nowhere near as large as the video eel.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

You're right. Discussing individual features of a hoax which could be real is pretty ridiculous. I don't mean the video is real, btw.

But what about the archer fish? They know exactly where their target is.

[edit on 7/9/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
There should be no opinion or question about this video period. It's sad that people think that this might actually be real. I'm not a skeptic by any means, but that was seriously the worst CGI I've ever seen. It reminded me of those cheapy Sci-Fi channel movies, you know the Sci-Fi originals that air almost nightly with the horribly rendered dinosaurs and such.
Anyone who thinks this might be real needs to smack themselves in the hand with a hammer as punishment to themselves for being completely out of whack.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
That is obviously CGI its not even good CGI. It is similar to the technology of CGI that was used in the 1997 film, ANACONDA. Terrible video proof and I can't believe some one would watch this and think that it is real.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hahaha Poor doggy.
Thats funny stuff.

But yeah im amazed people still have to ask if this is fake when it quite obviously is.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join