It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab-made sperm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Lab-made sperm could make men redundant...

www.metro.co.uk

Women who say they don't need a man may well be right – after human sperm was created in the lab.
The breakthrough could give hope to infertile couples and men left unable to have children after having cancer treatment.

But don't worry guys, the scientists who created the sperm using stem cells don't plan to take you out of the baby-making process just yet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Another link

www.breitbart.com...

[edit on 7-7-2009 by bakednutz]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Wow, we are on are way to the "perfect human". This is cool in a way and kinda scary. This will eventually lead to picking and choosing what you want your kids to look like and way more. Who wants to have the first "lab made sperm" kid? Now after this is perfected they will just ban sex all together. We will have to wait and see what comes next out of this.

I dont believe that they have no intention of producing a human in a dish bowl. This is exactly what they want. Governments will now be able to create the perfect soldier and it wont matter if they die because, who's kid is it? And who will care right? This could be very bad.

www.metro.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

People are already picking traits like eye color and gender. It's how the wealthy and civilized drown their undesirables in the proverbial "rice patty."

Choose your babies gender

[edit on 7-7-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

So men are redundant now, women can take over the planet and if the planet is populated with mostly women, we might not have as many wars without all that testosterone floating around.

However if the lab process ever breaks down, the few remaining men will have to work overtime to re-populate our species.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Ha! No wars without all the testosterone around.

If there were only women there would still be wars. They would just happen randomly as if they came out of nowhere.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

So men are redundant now, women can take over the planet and if the planet is populated with mostly women, we might not have as many wars without all that testosterone floating around.

However if the lab process ever breaks down, the few remaining men will have to work overtime to re-populate our species.

Arbitrageur..... its our duty, we have no choice but to carry forth for the sake of man kind. I tell ya if this is true Iv got a bomb shelter Ill be waiting in till the time comes..

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It'll be interesting to see what happens down the road.

Allegedly some alien species damaged themselves through genetic engineering over the generations and they reached a point where it was too late (nonexistent 'naturals') and they had to do more genetic engineering to try repair the damage, etc...

Oh well it's what I read.

Maybe these kids will have problems down the road, or their children's children will have problems.

Kind of like tinkering with a relatively-working script in a program and end up with a buggy program and you forgot to make a backup and you're stuck with the bad script.

At least that's what I hope so the kids of the elites will slowly die off....

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
It'll be interesting to see what happens down the road.

Allegedly some alien species damaged themselves through genetic engineering over the generations and they reached a point where it was too late (nonexistent 'naturals') and they had to do more genetic engineering to try repair the damage, etc...

Oh well it's what I read.

That sounds sort of like the Asgard (The "grays") predicament in the Stargate SG-1 series:
stargate.wikia.com...

Over 30,000 years ago, the Asgard were once a tall, more Humanoid looking species that reproduced sexually. In time they began to adopt the practice of cloning which effectively made them immortal, eventually making them lose the ability to reproduce sexually. The excessive use of the process began to damage and decay the Asgard genome. This forced them to find a means of combating this threat as they were condemned to a slow, but inevitable extinction unless a cure was found.

I think what made that show interesting is they took so many myths and theories out of pop culture and wove them into the show, a lot of people could identify with the story lines.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Must be for some really, REALLY ugly women.

DESPERATE, really, really ugly women.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

LOL! thats pretty funny i think your right.. i mean.. if a girl cannot find one single guy to "reproduce"with.. she must be a troll

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

You would get a war starting around the same time every month.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
six weeks?!!!

Most guys would have it ready in minutes!

So much for time-saving technologies.

join