It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering my fellow Londoner's July 7th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I just wanted to take a moment today to pay tribute to my fellow londeners that where killed in the Bombings on July 7th 2005, Many people where caught up in it and many of us where affected, Some of us where stuck on other trains wondering if we where next,

That day for me was one of fear, Trying to get hold of family and friends that could have been on that train or on the bus, Phoning up the news stations to try and get family names put up on the TV to contact us, All our mobiles and land lines had gone down and there was no way to communicate for a good few hours,

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/626942e78c8c.jpg[/atsimg]

Im proud that London came together,

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/135ef5e2f69b.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 7-7-2009 by asala]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

My thoughts are with the family and friends of all who died and suffered that awful day.

The opening ceremony for the new memorial in Hyde Park is live on both Sky and BBC News at present.

I hope this get's the recognition and respect that it and they deserve.

As always, when we need to, we always come together and through these things.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I remember that day very well.

I was working just by Liverpool Street Station, sometimes going by bus, other days by tube. On that morning I got the bus, was running slightly late for work, so I ran up the stairs to my office. I heard a dull thud on the way up. When I got to the office, all hell started breaking loose outside....

Very surreal. Phone calls saying that multiple buses were being blown up, tube trains. We were told to stay put. After 4 hours finally allowed out of the building, and headed for a hotel bar as all routes out of London were closed.

Not a good day.

RIP my fellow commuters.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
7/7 just didn't have any impact at all on me, other than the realizatiom that british terrorists are rubbish. Remember that rubbish terrorist attack at one of the scotish airports? Hardly 9/11.
Still we must never forget the families that were caught up in it, whoever they were.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I was lying on a beach in Panama when i found out. being so far away i dont think the gravity of the event has really hit me. Had I been in the UK I'd have been glued to 24hr news and the interweb.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badfuture
7/7 just didn't have any impact at all on me, other than the realizatiom that british terrorists are rubbish. Remember that rubbish terrorist attack at one of the scotish airports? Hardly 9/11.
Still we must never forget the families that were caught up in it, whoever they were.

Not so rubbish to the 52 people who died and their families and loved ones or the hundereds who were hurt or maimed.

That was pretty callous and insensitive to say the least.

No disrespect but it is just that sort of attitude that gives Americans a bad name around the world.

Bragging that you even get bigger terrorist attacks?????
Unbelieveable.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The biggest worry was about family, and not being able to phone them to make sure because of busy lines.

My brother went to Edgeware road daily by tube, so I was a bit worried, but not that worried, I knew he was ok in my mind.

He doesn't go there anymore, because places aren't allowed shisha now haha, damn rules.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badfuture

Well they did create the fear they aimed for, well that is if they REALLY were terrorists considering the many suspicious things that happened that day.

But british people are hard to terrorise, especially Londoners, the next day we were back to normal.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Badfuture

This isn't a competition to who has the worst terrorists...
...This is a thread to remember the ones that lost their lives that day.

It brought our capital city to stand still, 52 people died. Each one of those people had family and friends. It changed how people in London acted, created paranoia amongst commuters...yeah rubbish terrorists.

Before you post in future, please think about what you are writing.

You make yourself look like a complete moron.

Maybe you are? Not for me to judge.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

I'm having a candlelight vigil for your intelligence as it must have died in 7/7 too.
I'm english you mooks, and I still don't care about 7/7.
Perhaps you are not ready for the internet, try a book instead, its like the internet but doesn't have faux americans posting things you don't agree with also its not backlit.
Stop flaming on this day of all days, 52 people died on this day 2yrs ago, you should show some respect...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Badfuture

It happened in 2005, not 2 years ago.

Please just leave this thread alone.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

Alright, I'll leave you and this thread to it.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

May they R.I.P.

An awful tragedy and it doesn't matter if I'm from the states......it makes it no less horrible to me than 9/11 is for us.....

Good idea for a post though....

top topics

join