It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please can we end all this partisan bickering?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have noticed a growing trend of partisanship on ATS lately that is not in any way beneficial to anything we are trying to do here. It creates petty arguments between us when our collective goal is to deny ignorance and not be swayed by partisan non-sense...
Please please please, I respect everyone's right to their own opinion but for an environment of learning and respect ditch your partisanship and join us in our effort to enlighten ourselves without outside influence from the parties that in all honesty are just a charade. Luckily for the trolls we have ignore buttons but I would like to enjoy this site with out all this non-sense...

Peace and Respect.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
nope. it will never work. no matter how much you hope for it, "the other guy" is always going to be a complete moron out to ruin everything for everyone while the one each person supports always has all of the answers that "the other guy" will never go with.

everyone is too entrenched to agree to anything or stop bickering.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

I know will never agree on everything but for the sake of good debate leave your partisanship at the door. I am tired of seeing blatant disrespect over partisan issues...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

yeah i know. i dont know if theres anything i hate more than political debates/discussions...because they arent debates/discussions. just people insulting each other.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
We are all on the same team, the home team, if we all came together and used all of this passion and anger just imagine what we could do for our country.
This is exacyly what our elected politicians want, they want us to be divided. Divide and conquer!!!
You are blind if you still think there is a real right and left it is now only about money and power. Idealism and conservatism were thrown out the window a while ago and is only hyped by our all mighty media.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well, if people were smarter and agreed with me more, then there wouldn't be any bickering.

-sarcasm-

And since I may fall in that category, I will try, in the future to be more topic focused.

-honest-

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Is it partesinship or just honest differenes of opinion on how the country should be ran? Sometimes it is heated and that is fine with me. How are you not going to start bickering say if you hate the idea of government ran healthcare and then you have some guy running around saying he should get free health care and everything else because it is his right as a human. See the problem there?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
End the partisanship? You mean end our differences? We humans will always be different in so many ways and we all have our own personal beliefs and own opinions. So long as you choose to participate in political discussions your going to see differences. This nonsense about "all the sheep taking sides" is the result of folks who have nothing better to do but gate crash political discussions.

Doesnt matter even if the third parties come into power, folks will always stand by their beliefs and debate and thats the way it should be. Your arguing that those who participate in these political discussions are drones of the same team [enter your conspiracy theory here] yet what your asking for is exactly that, for all of us to nod with each other and agree on everything, so in a sense the OP is being hypocritical.

We have different views on where this nation should go, but at the end of the day most of us only want the best for this nation. To argue that we should all take one way and not debate is well hypocritical.

Heres a heads up, if you dont like political discussions, dont participate, simple. There are plently of other forums here you can participate in that are not political.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Here in the U.S. of A., the bickering between Republicans and Democrats will finally stop. once we have a viable third party, and then the real party begins with, what, tri-partisanship?
No, it won't ever end. Not as long as people are free to believe and talk about what they want to talk about.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

No I would like for us to start to get America back by uniting on main issues that we all agree on like freedom, taxes and government and then we can go back to bickering about the rest of the stuff.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
No I would like for us to start to get America back by uniting on main issues that we all agree on like freedom, taxes and government

No your wrong, we dont all agree on what constitutes freedom, taxes and government. There are differences to how this country is getting on track, this is why we have elections to see where the majority prefers this country to go. This is why we elect our governors, our senators, do decide. What should I shut end my beliefs and just follow on behind Paulers and conservatives by implementing a national sales tax? No, I dont agree that it will our issue and I sure as heck wont be changing my stance.

I will stand hand in hand declaring my love for my country and for this nation to overcome this crises, but I wont be giving up my ideological beliefs "for the sake of uniting". You version of uniting sounds alot like bush and his 2003 version of "your either with us or against us".

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
nope. it will never work. no matter how much you hope for it, "the other guy" is always going to be a complete moron out to ruin everything for everyone while the one each person supports always has all of the answers that "the other guy" will never go with.

everyone is too entrenched to agree to anything or stop bickering.

Sadly, true. Better to take a side and take a stand.

top topics

join