It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

700yo child's skull washes up in Sydney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

700yo child's skull washes up in Sydney

www.abc.net.au

The child's skull was found on September 12 last year at the Basin, north of Mona Vale Beach.

Investigators enlisted the help of anthropologists at New Zealand's University of Waikato, who used radiocarbon dating to conclude the skull was about 700 years old.

The experts concluded the skull belonged to a child between four and six years old, who was not Indigenous.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This Skull raisers more questions.
The "detectives say the skull probably belongs to a private collector, a museum or a research facility."
So what is a 700year old Skull out of its box doing washing up on a Sydney beach how did it get out and why?
OR
Would it sound more reasonable to say that a 700y old Skull from a child aged between four and six years old has been washed up after 700 years in the Sea? and it'sNot Indigenous

See we Australians have only settled here for about two hundred and fifty years
that's 250.

Zelong

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/7/09 by Zelong]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
They probably can also tell how long it's been in the water. And they could also tell where the child lived in the world before dying by the chemical and mineral composition of the bone.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
At 700 years old, it could hardly be considered a 'child'!

Kyuk kyuk kyuk.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I saw that in he news earlier Zelong

very interesting

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

belongs to a private collector or museum?
too ridiculous

probably got dug up by a boat or something and has been lying of the sea bed for years

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

When they say it isn't indigineous, I would imagine that the skull could belong to one of the many polynesian ethnic groups that were travelling around the area in their rafts, as opposed to a European skull. Although more detail is required to verify that, of course.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by Zelong

belongs to a private collector or museum?
too ridiculous

probably got dug up by a boat or something and has been lying of the sea bed for years

My thoughts as well warrenb the Detectives have no clue because our history books wouldn't agree.
It would be a big news if proven that the skull had been there for about 700ys...... But no hang on wait, it just rolled out of the sea after 700ys didn't it?why say it's a private collection with no proof what so ever?

I'll keep up on this if there's any updates at a later date.Hopefully someone may put the big question up,some one of standing.

Zelong.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Here are a few photos from the 'crime scene' that day. Faces have been obscurred by request:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/615706faee6e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35a427e85ecc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/426ee1f34a8c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ea303e5bef6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
First 4 to 6 year old I've ever heard of with fully formed adult teeth..............

The media gives disinformation on everything it ever presents.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Thanks for posting the pictures Evasius
as Nineteen mentions about the teeth being well formed I thought the same thing with the picture from the article but that was the real picture

Originally posted by Nineteen
First 4 to 6 year old I've ever heard of with fully formed adult teeth..............

The media gives disinformation on everything it ever presents.

Zelong.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The teeth are very peculiar...

I am no expert, obviously, but another thought I had was that I've always been under the impression that a skull of a child is "malleable" up until a certain age... doesn't it seem odd that this skull is in near-perfect condition??

Maybe this is one of the Hobbit Creatures that were in the news, a few months back

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well, arent your adult teeth always up there, they just take some time to push down? If that was the case, I would say that the baby teeth and gums and whatnot would have rotted away, just leaving the adult teeth.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If a tooth has some DNA in it they could possibly compare that to the database in the Genographic Project

Interesting project, that link should work but the link this quote is on is from a secure part of the Natgeo site so it won't work, but you can navigate around the site from the link I posted, try clicking "Back to Genographic Homepage"

The Genographic Project is seeking to chart new knowledge about the migratory history of the human species by using sophisticated laboratory and computer analysis of DNA contributed by hundreds of thousands of people from around the world. In this unprecedented and of real-time research effort, the Genographic Project is closing the gaps of what science knows today about humankind's ancient migration stories.

I agree the "private collector" story seems like an odd conclusion, although it would explain the good condition of the skull. Warrenb's conclusion seems just as likely if not more likely though.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I seriously doubt that skull is a child or washed up on the shore. It looks like it was just placed there on the beach. The fact that the teeth are still in strongly suggest that to me. I say it's a hoax.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
First off to me like previous posters, the skull looks more fully formed.

Second, it couldnt have been in the water for very long. Water, ESPECIALLY sea water erodes and breaks things down at an amazing rate, not to mention the various fish and organisms in the ocean that would have taken the opportunity to feed off this thing.

seems fishy to me, no pun intended

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
I seriously doubt that skull is a child or washed up on the shore. It looks like it was just placed there on the beach. The fact that the teeth are still in strongly suggest that to me. I say it's a hoax.

After seeing the pictures I tend to agree with your theory aleon1018 and other posters,the skull looks well preserved like a lacquer protective over it.
Some googling later I find:

Source How to clean a skull:

Once the skull is clean and dry it can be sealed with varathane to help retard cracking but it may turn yellow from the spray. Spray (or paint) the skull with 2 light coats and 1 final, thick coat of varathane. Painting the teeth and skull with diluted, white glue before applying varathane helps too. If teeth start to crack, try filling the cracks with super glue to reduce further fracturing.

There is no Barnacles,weed or any sea matter inside the skull as ManBehindTheMask points out

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
seems fishy to me, no pun intended [
[edit Zelong]]

I now can see how the Detectives came to their conclusion.
Now who's the sick puppy that took "skull" to the beach for some early sunning.

Zelong.

[edit on 7/7/09 by Zelong]

top topics

join