It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Gone MAD in A Total Surveillance Society

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Government Gone MAD in A Total Surveillance Society

www.newswithviews.com

I've heard it all- the cries, the pleas, the whines, the double speak and the lies. "We need the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to protect us from terrorists." "We must have Real ID to protect us from illegal immigration." "We must have E-Verify to protect American jobs." "Traffic light cameras are necessary to make the streets safer." "Security cameras on street corners make our neighborhoods safer." "I'm glad the TSA is there at the airport - I feel so much safer getting on an airplane." And my favorite lie of them all - "If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The Government is getting more invasive by the day! Government Surveillance Threatens our Freedom. The White House is already out of control and Privacy advocates are horrified by these changes. Most of us assume that since we have nothing to hide there is nothing wrong with surveillance. Very Wrong you are. It’s another manipulative trick.

What happens next? No privacy.= No freedom!.

Take note: every single one of these issues results in bigger, more invasive government, and not a single one will do anything to solve the intended problem. Every single one will make you less free, less happy and less safe. Here is my guarantee - put each and every one of these programs fully into place and learn the hard way that it isn't the final solution - but only the beginning. The government has much more in store for Americans and their privacy and personal security - and you are not going to be happy. Get ready, Americans. Here it comes like a freight train. And if you've uttered one of the whines listed above, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

www.newswithviews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

If society happens to revolt, just inject it with a healthy dose of Jackson fever or a quick speech of what Obama mentioned in the Middle East or Russia. If that does not extinguish the voices, then just blitz all the mindless with N.Korea and Iran followed by Jackson and a Presidential speech.

You must say, its far easier to predict how to control 200 plus million than trying to predict lotto numbers.

If all else fails, create a political scandal, that always works and its a tested method.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Look what's been snuck in as the New Real ID

This is an EMERGENCY ACTION ALERT to stop S.1261, The Pass Act which is worse than Real ID. We need to contact all the members of the Senate Committee for Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs to kill this before it gets to the Senate floor.

Tell them:

1. We are opposed to Real ID and the PASS Act
2. We are opposed to being enrolled in a Biometric Identification System
3. We don't want Social Security Numbers in our DMV databases
4. No RFID chips in our Driver's Licences
5. No federal intervention with the issuance of our State driver's licenses

6. We are not willing to trade our freedom for security.

All of these actions are unconstitutional and a direct attack on our civil liberties and our unalienable rights. This is up before Congress now. Please call and write your Congressmen now.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

You are exactly correct. The Palin controversy seems to take up the headlines, along with Jackson.

Palin has no significance to me. It's crazy. Why not discuss politics, like the loss of our Bill of Rights or something of value.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

Yes you are right.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by wonderworld] edit forgot how to add a video

[edit on 6-7-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If you want to see a real A Total Surveillance Society then come over to the UK. I bet you can't wait until part two!

Part two is that the government trusts all this data including your SSN and your bank details to private companies, who then lose it.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

You know what?? I actually wrote that 3 times then deleted it thinking it would make some in the UK mad. I wrote "Will we be like the UK, Britain"

I just didnt know what to expect but yes Ive heard. when did all this start over there? Slowly over a period of years or rapidly? What was first Camera's or other Surveillance?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This isn't just happening in the states,The UK is also becoming a surveillance society and probably many other countries too.It amazes me how people are so quick to disregard this topic and see everything as being rosy all the while the freedoms we have left are being prised away from us all.I would have laughed at the idea of being watched and tracked 24hrs by the government a few years back.Now I don't laugh so much as I see cameras appear all over the shop,it is as if we are all criminals who should be watched incase we commit a crime.I wonder how long it will be before people have no privacy,maybe we will all be chipped at birth in the future like cattle living in some kind of police state.An Orwellian nightmare,I dread to think where this will lead us.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon2

I dont say this lightly. It's a global plot. It's not simply the US copying the EU. Yes it originated there but we are more connected now by the G20. They have an agenda and will succeed.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It started with the cameras, just odd ones here and there.
There was a lot of bored youths and petty crime so CCTV in the streets was the answer and overtime cameras were linked up to central controls.
So that if a crime was seen in progress then the police could respond.
But the yobs or chavs as we call them just started wearing hats and hooded top so they couldn't be recognised.

Most of the real big brother stuff has happened since 9/11 to stop terrorism. But also because of other countries, I think we have RFID passports because of the USA immigration.

The databases and linking up government services has only started in the past few years. But they are wasting lots of tax payers money doing it.

From another post I wrote about this

We have lots of cameras in the UK, but the worst have to be the road cameras.

Britain the speed camera capital of Europe

There is a newer type of camera system which can read number (licence) plates, this is used with the specs system. The average speed of your vehicle is measured of a set distance. If your average speed is more than the speed limit then you get an automatic fine in the post. If you are caught speeding more than four times in three years your driving licence is suspended for some time.

Speed Check Service

Also there are vans with speed cameras in used by civilians, they move around the area during day so you never know when you may see one.
But of course they aren't speed cameras they are safety cameras saving peoples lives.

UK Speed Trap Guide

Also this system which reads number plates and the police can check against a database of insured and taxed vehicles.

Who watching you

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I don't disagree.It is most probably a Global Agenda and a very worrysome one at that.I only hope people will one day wake up and put a stop to it before we all wake up with a camera peering into our homes.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

We also have the speed traffic light cameras that capture your license plate number 3 more went up last week. They are fairly new. Who are the guys hiding with the camera’s civilian cops? Do they take your license plate number down too or forward to a cop to catch you speeding?

That’s going a bit to far to check for tax and insurance info. I think I heard some mention of that here too but not sure if it’s in effect yet. So the thugs keep robbing but do you have a decrease in fast drivers? Thanks for those links.? It looks like our government is copying.

I still believe the lack of privacy=lack of freedom

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon2

Well if some of these new bills pass it will be like having a camera in our house. These databases tell all. They are trying to form a ammo databbase to list how much and which kind we have.

I'm thankful we still have the right to bear arms but that one is close to being destroyed as well It may be replaced by some other treaty.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You missed out the face recognition cameras in london & prob elswhere by now.
In 2003 they could read 4 faces a second and check them against the database of wanted or of interest to the police/ mi5/6 etc.

Who knows what 6 yrs has done to better the tech, havent heard much about it since 2003 but rest assured its better and badder than ever.

I also watched a documentry about the cameras in central london where they sent a geezer out to try and evade the cameras - he couldnt, once theve locked on theres no escaping them.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Funny thing is with all that tech and surveillence culture they still cannot stick a camera on the goal lines

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

Wow! Face recognition cameras that's very bio-invasive!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

It's worse than that, the equipment takes a picture with the date, time and speed, you just get a letter through the post.
You have a choice of paying a small fine or going to court.
There is a decrease in speeding drivers even though there are now less traffic cops on patrol.

We also have variable speed limits on some motorways (freeways). On gantries one side has an electronic sign with the speed limit displayed, the other side a speed camera to enforce it. I think the whole system is automatic. So if a traffic jam starts to form the speed limit is reduced further back to help traffic flow, it does seem to work quite well.

The cut-price solution to traffic gridlock? Stop building roads and put in more speed cameras

All the car insurance, annual check information and tax details are stored on computers, so they just run a check against the licence plate and these 3 databases. In someways this is good because it deters illegal drivers.
Again this is done by civilians.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You know damned good and well this is all for control purposes. I'll tell them what: you want to keep track of me? Close our borders first, round up all illegals and kick their asses out, and THEN come see me.

Idiots.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

I hadn't heard of those.
I have always try and avoid London at all costs.
I was working in London on 9/11 and have only been back once.

But it is rather worrying as I was getting rather a lot of attention from the authorities.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join