It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Dissing UFO Researchers and Believers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by gl2
For example, Jones does well in exposing some subjects but he entirely misses others.

So take what you can from him and get the other stuff elsewhere.

When he denies that global warming is occurring, it makes everything else he tries to say look weak. He's not a scientist, and his quick stuff about a global warming hoax, when compared to the overwhelming climatological expertise and studies in print, looks very amateurish.

Lots of his opinionising looks amateurish. As for global warming, I grew up with the rise of the environmental movement and I think it's really important in terms of keeping the food chain and environment clean... as for global warming, I'm coming around to the idea that actually what we're seeing may be far more complex than simply man meddling with the forces of nature. For example, there does seem to be evidence that the whole solar system is warming up. The situation is not completely clear cut and I think it would be a mistake to assume that any scientist who suggests GW is not necessarily man made has to be in the pay of the oil companies, or whoever.

My gut feeling is that Jones doesn't want to venture in the debate about aliens because he fears it would discredit his other assertions. The evidence is there, the sources and corroboration are clear and unmistakeable: anyone who has read on the subject can see that. But if Jones says one word on the air about how he thinks aliens are visiting, he may think his enemies will use that to discredit his other assertions.

So, re aliens, see other sources. Don't expect Jones to take that leap.

Absolutely... and don't blame him for not making that leap. Take the good from what he's doing and remember that there are plenty of other sources for the UFO stuff.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

i dont know this ALEX but , he looks someone that belive in god so...who belive in god dont belive in aliens.... thats the same for me , i belive that we are not alone and in the sametime i dont belive in someone up in the sky that is lookin at me with the name god...maybe aliens are looking at us..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
AJ has his priorities. You want him to change them. Are there not enough people already on the UFO Disclosure bandwagon (and I don't mean that in any pejorative sense) alreadly?

Why not let him set his own priorities? Why insist that he follow yours?

Because I can! And I love to tell people what to do!

I've just seen an interview with Webster Tarpley in which he said, "forget about UFOs, concentrate on the imminent political threat represented by the banking interests" (I'm paraphrasing). The guy has a point. It could be argued that the most imminent threat to us comes from that direction.

True, he does have a point.

Consider this though. Another issue closely related to the UFO cover-up is the suppression of certain technologies, especially energy and propulsion technologies. There are already proven technologies that could replace Oil and Coal, such as the Blacklight Process. And taking down Big Oil would be a huge blow to the banking interests and corporations as well.

It wouldn't hurt to give these crucial technologies some air-time!!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster

Originally posted by rich23

Why not let him set his own priorities? Why insist that he follow yours?

Because I can! And I love to tell people what to do!

Me Too! And I'm telling you now!!!

That did make me laugh.

It wouldn't hurt to give these crucial technologies some air-time!!

Absolutely. I agree that there is a nexus where all this stuff meets. But, hey, again, people do what they can.... AJ's got his agenda (hasn't everyone?), his set of priorities, and I rather think he's too pig-headed to change them for anyone. Good luck trying though...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ok, you're right about this website having some mindlessness (warning from the benevolent anyone?), but you're on the internet so you have to expect that here. I wasn't comparing this website and his side by side, but IMO this website is a step up from his. I will give him credit for being only human and getting some facts wrong, but what I didn't like was him running with the information that he got before he could verify it and scaring the hell out of his listeners. Instead of calmly stating that I haven't been able to confirm this information that the swine flu is worse than what the media is reporting he starting going off on a rant telling his listeners this could be it and we're all doomed with his crazy voices scattered throughout said rant. Then, a week later, he completely ignores that his information was wrong and he scared the hell out of everyone and said that he was right all along that it was a hoax. Like I said too, I still follow his website because I believe that there is pertinent information that he gives out, but I haven't listened to a full 4 hour program of his in like 2 months. I used to listen to all 4 hours every day for about 3 months when I had my awakening and I loved hearing the information, but I see even his listeners are getting sick of some of his antics. Especially going off on Michael Jackson rants all week when he said he wouldn't talk about it and then spends an hour talking about it. I do believe his heart is in the right place, but I can't help but wonder if maybe he's just taking advantage of people in order to buy a lot of his useless products that he sells on his website. I also think it's fine that he doesn't bring up the UFO information on his show except from time to time. If you want UFO updates you can listen to AM Coast to Coast, the Disclosure Project, or Project Camelot. It would be nice however if he didn't dismiss that information completely and call the people who believe in it or follow it as crazy people, but that's his opinion and he's entitled to it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I thought Alex jones didn't talk about aliens to 'preserve his reputation". But I guess he's just a jerk.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Talking heads, especially bombastic arrogant shock jocks, will say whatever needs to be said, to rattle the cages of those foolish enough to hang on every word they say.

They anger, irritate, infuriate and agitate all to bolster their ratings, which means revenue for them. The art of being one of these types, is knowing your audience and how to yank their chains like the conductor of a symphony.

Most are blow hards, with massive egos to boot.

Just as they say you can't believe everything you read...so goes it for everything that you hear. 90% is crapola coming out of someones big bazoo.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Alex Jones b!tches abt every govt official, world leader, esp. American President's, corporate tycoons.. etc etc.

Maybe he thinks, that if he gets the world power he cud save the humanity and the extinction of human race.
The depopulization theory is the most absurd one.

2010, UFO's or subjects wont help him earn money, chasing the billionaires will infact.

He is a wannabe President of America.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by holyindian]

[edit on 11-7-2009 by holyindian]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured
To be fair, AJ has a valid point. I've seen every known UFO vid on the net and none have any definition. Until somebody can actually record a UFO in high definition thats clear to identify I will laugh at most claims and vids. Most vids look like pranks or BS trying to fickle the masses. This should not be hard to do with todays technology. I'm tired of seeing blurry specs of light or intelligent orbs people like to call them.

I have not seen one yet nor has anybody in my Family seen one. Infact, nobody I know has ever seen one. I look at the night sky all the time with my telescope. That being said, I do believe ET's have been here in the past judging by the overwhelming evidence through archaeological discoveries of our past civilizations. I just have not personally seen one nor have I seen one thats legit enough from all the vids on the net. If anybody disagrees, then by all means.. show me a vid that can clear that up for me. The only vids I see that look like they could be legit intelligent beings operating craft are the ones from NASA.

Especially this one.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by disfugured]
I have watched the sky for UFO’s for the last 15 years but hadn’t seen anything unusual until a friend of mine taught me how to look at the stars properly, prior to this all I ever saw in the sky was a few bright stars. As for using a telescope to look for objects within or just beyond earth’s atmosphere, it is not very practical as the field of vision from a telescope is very narrow. Even if you did happen to catch a real UFO in your scope unless you are very, very good with it you would only have a fleeting glimpse before it would pass out of your field of vision. For those of you who are interested this is the proper way to look at stars. First give your eyes about 15 minutes to get used to the darkness. Next pick out any bright star in the sky and look directly at it for at least 3 minutes. As you stare at this bright star you will begin to notice dimmer stars coming into view along the periphery of your vision field. Notice also how when you try to look directly at these other stars at your visions edge they seem to disappear; they seem to disappear because of the way the human eye is designed. So if you expect to see any small moving object in the night sky you have to learn to look at the entire sky at the same time not concentrating on any one spot. Next look for movement, it is easy to detect when you look at the sky in this way. Since I have learned to do this I have seen many intelligently maneuvered dim lights very high in the sky at night. After making all the necessary inquiries of nearby airports and military bases I have in all but two cases deemed them to be intelligently controlled un-identifiable flying objects.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by E. Lee Gregory]

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The reason Alex Jones doesn't talk about Ufos is mainly because that's not his area, his job is to expose the lies our government is telling us and how our rights are being taken from us and the bilderberg group etc. if you want to hear about ufos i'm sure you can tune in to other radio host.

PS. we don't know much about ufos so there's really not much for him to cover anyways. all we know is there are a bunch of story's and videos floating around of unknown objects..

but when i tune in to Alex i like to hear facts on whats going on things i can look up and read for my self not storys of unknown objects in the sky and talking about *what they could be* sorry i listen to coast 2 coast 4 that.

also heres Alex Jones talking about ufos on coast 2 coast if you wanna hear his real opinion about them and not what people are telling you here.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-7-2011 by Freed0m because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
i think alex says what he says about UFO's is maybe due to him being a devout christian. the idea may just not be in his belief system and is unwilling to accept it.

Yes, and any devout christian worth his salt HAS to say there are no other beings in the ENTIRE universe except those created by God Almighty 6000 years or so ago, right before he wrote the Bible, I guess. One day they will all get a big eye full, and I for one cannot wait to see this. Having seen ET craft before, it changes your life. I used to listen to Alex, but must like Glen Beck, he became way too brainwashed for me.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Freed0m

I agree,

imo, A.J. doesn't bad-mouth religion because he doesn't want to alienate a majority of his audience...

He has a full plate just trying to get his listeners to understand the threat of a global-elite-controlled NWO.

I think it is a strategic move on his part to not get into the ufo-E.T. topic simply because he has enough to talk about...

I listen to him almost every day, and he seems to consciously avoid the topic just to keep his listeners focused on one conspiracy at a time...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

Well, I've seen a couple of strange things in the skies but thats not enough to make any claims. Of all the Youtube videos claiming real UFOs, I'm yet to see one that has'nt been debunked.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join