posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:49 PM
This is something I've discussed with my other half and a like minded friend a few times. Below is our list.
1) Ammo - I picked up a variety of common calibres of ammo for trading but I would be really concerned about who I traded with given that a lot of
people may think that they can then take from you.
2) Hygene supplies - I travel a lot and I always take the various shampoo, soap, lotion and sewing kits etc that they give away free. I now have a box
with over 100 of each of the first three and 25 or so sewing kits.
3) Matches - I have hundreds of packs of matches stored in plastic and sealed to keep them dry.
4) Seeds - Easy stuff and things that can be eaten as sprouts.
5) Knives - I picked up a case of knives a while back, they are 2.5" long with a stainless blade, very sharp point and a serrated edge. The blade
locks and the handle is black plastic. They are big enough to be useful, but not good for throwing or hunting.
6) Spear tips - I have a dozen spear tips that just need a shaft to be used.
7) String - shock cord small enough to be used as a shoe lace or for tents etc.
8) Water - We have a 300GPM water processing unit, that is trailer mounted. We can fill jugs with purified water for people.
9) Fabric - We have about 12 or so large bolts of fabric for clothes etc. 3 are water proof for shelters or tents.
10) Tents - Over the years I've acquired 5 little mini tents (2 man dome type) that I paid under $20 for each on sale. They make a good shelter or
storage place to keep gear dry.