It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is HUGE...Is A Case Of Quant Trading Sabotage About To Destroy Goldman Sachs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Just broken by Reuters and Zero Hedge...This could be HUGE!!!
Please read the entire story:

Is A Case Of Quant Trading Sabotage About To Destroy Goldman Sachs?

Major developing story: Matt Goldstein over at Reuters may have just broken a story that could spell doom for if not the entire Goldman Sachs program trading group, then at least those who deal with "low latency (microseconds) event-driven market data processing, strategy, and order submissions." Visions of swirling, gray storm clouds over Goldman's SLP and hi-fi traders begin to form.

If the allegations are true, it looks like Goldman's hi-fi quant trading desk was thoroughly penetrated by a "spy", and as readers will recall, Serge(y)'s description of his job duties mirrors what Mr. Ed Canaday conveniently provided to Zero Hedge as a description of Goldman's SLP program. (Sources connected with the office of the United States Attorney have confirmed to Zero Hedge that Aleynikov was at one time or another a Goldman employee."). The plot thickens: per FBI agent Michael McSwain's sworn deposition, Sergey quit a firm described as "Financial Institution" in the affidavit, which according to circumstantial evidence and according to Goldstein is none other than Goldman Sachs, on June 5, at that time earning $400,000 annually. As Matt reports, he proceeded to move to a Chicago firm engaged in "high volume automated trading" where he would make 3x his $400k salary (Hey Getco, is it time for a formal release at least denying you guys had anything to do with this, cause if you did it might not look that hot. No matter, we have reached out to our sources in law enforcement to confirm or deny Getco's, and Goldman's, involvement: once we get a response we will immediately advise our readers).

[edit on 5-7-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread exists.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by helpmefindtheway

Ouch..looked for it in Global Meltdown only....my bad...Mods Please Delete

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
who cares if somebodys made a thread ages ago

good on you op for making this thread...

keep posting people in here.... dont listen to the `close this thread now ` morons

thank you

and keep posting in this thread people!

dont live your lives to impress anyone!!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
this is a fantastic thread

keep it going people!!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by plejarenlyran
who cares if somebodys made a thread ages ago

good on you op for making this thread...

keep posting people in here.... dont listen to the `close this thread now ` morons

thank you

and keep posting in this thread people!

dont live your lives to impress anyone!!

i like Roland's post.....and i agree with the who cares if someone made a thread age's ago montra......but the other thread was made EARLIER TODAY

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the support!!...someone did beat me to the punch though...don't wanna jump someone else's train
I was just sitting with my jaw wide open while reading this story...the possible implications are absolutely huge...Market futures are dropping big time...

Futures

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
this is the most incredible thread

keep it going

im sick of the moaners about threads previous......

keep this thread going!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
As a note, I made the thread in Breaking. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having one thread in breaking and one in a subject forum. I fully intended to open a thread in both but got sidetracked by life before opening one here.

As of right now more blogs, forums, and news agencies are picking up on it.

Over the past month we've had:

1) The curious case of the Japanese men with the "fake" bonds.

2) Someone hitting one of the FED lending windows at 7% maybe another big institution about to blow.

3) Zerohedge's exposure of the amount of total volume on the NYSE being done by one to a few of the largest banks.

4) The NYSE changing the way it discloses program trade data.

5) Now this Golman story.

You don't have to be a CT'er to wonder what the hell is going on.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
to be honest, yes if theres been like ten threads in one day or week made on something, i appreciate people saying `woa hold on no need for all these threads`...

however!

if you are creating a thread about something which hasnt been discussed for four years, how is you adding onto that existing thread going to fulfil the purpose of ats which is ACTIVE DISCUSSIONS, not add a post to a dormant thread from 5 years ago which nobody is viewing!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Wanted to give a bump to this.

The daily KOS has an interesting article about this.

dailykos article

Denninger's going more hyperbolic than usual on this here

This story just seems pretty damn important to me right now.

I get the feeling something bad and big is going on behind the scenes right now as we speak.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

thats huge!

I wonder what it'll do to the markets?

someone fill me in on whats going to happen

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Yup,

Last week was very strange with the extended trading period by the NYSE and missing (and suddenly reappearing) GS program volume...

There is very little doubt in my mind that GS has been operating a front running scheme and I would personally LOVE to see them tarred and feathered...then hung by the neck until dead...

The folks over at Zero Hedge have been doing a remarkable job of monitoring GS's actions for a while now, then the Rolling Stone article by Matt Taibbi and now the story from Kos.....

This has some serious potential especially if someone dumps that code into open source!!

top topics

join