It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC: FDNY Chief of Safety Reported Bombs Both Within the Towers and on the Planes on 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

What you will hear is a clip from NBC reporter Pat Dawson on the morning of 9/11. In it he discusses the comments of Albert Turi, the Chief of Safety for the New York
City Fire Department.

Turi reported not only that there were numerous secondary explosions within the towers but that there was also a bomb on one or both of the planes that crashed into the towers. This would explain why video footage shows both planes emitting strange flashes before they hit the towers, as well as the 'pod' on the underbelly of Flight 175.
www.prisonplanet.tv...

There is a transcript at the link as well.

I haven't kept up on the whole theory of the Planes with Bombs strapped to the underbelly, but I am aware of it. From what little I have read about it though, most people seemed to be rather unsure about such Bombs actually being strapped to the bottom of the planes that hit the towers.

On the other hand, there has been some very compelling evidence talking about Bombs being used to bring down the Towers themselves, in demolition style explosions.

With this new claim coming out by the New York Chief of Safety, it once again verifies the claims of not only bombs being used on the inside of the towers, but on the planes as well.

What do you people think about this??

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Very shady. Sorry. The comments they quote people as having said like Silverstein talking about demolishing number 7, and all these "firefighters" talking about bombs... I think those might have come out a little more over the past 2� years... don't you? No eyewitness I have ever spoken to has supported such things, I, having been on the scene as well would not support such things. And I fail to see how this person would have seen bombs on the planes, particularly the first one which people weren't exactly looking for. But again... another topic that's been beaten to death and won't bring us anywhere.

Any unmanipulated tapes of the second plane show that there was absolutely NOTHING "strapped" to it, "attached" to it, or anything like that. (Understanding that a lot more images of the second one are available since the first one was a shocker and not many people were taping the area). If the evidence of bombs is in photoshopped images of the second plane then I think we know where the rest of the cases stand.

Incidentally, if this newsclip is from the actual morning of 9/11 then I think it might be a slight bit unfair to quote that as a real source because keep in mind at the time you had panicky people trying to figure out what the hell happened and a whole boat load of theories was floated.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by Djarums]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I could buy bombs on the planes, and in the towers. What I can't buy into is any kind of device strapped to the belly of the plane, because the ground crew would have surely noticed it. Plus to bring that onto the airport grounds unnoticed would be exceedingly difficult. The problem with all of this of course is timing. The timing has to be just right or the whole mess would have fallen apart.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This entire thing (and I'm finding this to be true of "Alex Jones" as well) is pathetic. What kind of idiots do you have to be to believe that a big fat missile was attached to the bottom of a plane and NO ONE saw it except brilliant conspiracy theorists. I think it's time to call a nut a nut. I'm sorry to those who are offended by this but it's getting stupid already.

Also, the link on the page on this Jones' website that talks about bombs being placed in the building over the weekend before is an outright pathetic lie. Remove head from ass please and note that every single skyscraper in New York goes through periodic powerdowns to service things. Let's all say this together... a 110 story building is harder to service and take care of than a 1 story house. A 110 story building requires frequent maintenance and testings to keep things in good working order. If the author here had any idea what he was talking about, and if he took researching seriously he would find out that such powerdowns took place all the time. On weekends. Why weekends? Because you don't interrupt large amounts of people from working if you do such things on the weekends. It's not to hide things, it's to do them without bothering anyone. I don't see why this is so difficult, but thank you for the link because I see now that Mr. Jones is clearly a clown with an agenda.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by Djarums]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Very shady. Sorry. The comments they quote people as having said like Silverstein talking about demolishing number 7, and all these "firefighters" talking about bombs... I think those might have come out a little more over the past 2� years... don't you? [Edited on 5-6-2004 by Djarums]

Actually, those topics have come up over the last couple years. The number 7 tower being taken down purposefully was more recent if I recall though. But the 'firefighters' talking about bombs and the whole theory of bombs being used on the inside has been a subject of debate since the very begining. There are many threads here at ATS alone that talk about them.

The stuff about the Bomb on the Belly of the plane, as I said, is a topic I don't know much about. IMO it seems unlikely that such a thing could be done without being seen. Even if the whole thing was planned and executed from the inside, strapping a bomb to the belly of a plane would be pretty difficult to hide I would think. I mean it would seem that it would be visible to the passengers boarding and to the people who are in the terminal, especially as it taxied down the runway and so forth.

So djarums, what is your opinion on the whole thing?? Do you think the towers fell from the heat and plane crashes alone, or do you think there was some extra explosives planted??

By the way, do you actually smoke Djarums?? They are Clove Cigs right???

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Same old B.S. with people trying to manipulate the data to fit their pet theory (bombs on planes and in the buildings).

BTW, I distinctly remember hearing a news report that morning of �truck bombs.�

If obviously that one was based on rumor and wild speculations, why shouldn�t some of these other �reports� be looked at with the same critical eye?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Same old B.S. with people trying to manipulate the data to fit their pet theory (bombs on planes and in the buildings).

If obviously that one was based on rumor and wild speculations, why shouldn�t some of these other �reports� be looked at with the same critical eye?

Yep I remember hearing about truck bombs being around both the Pentagon and White House
I think that lasted all of 20 minutes then they clarified the info.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I have said it before...I have a tough time believing that secondary explosions are automatically referred to as "bombs". There are many, many things that could cause secondary explosions. A can of hairspray in a desk drawer or a janitor's closet full of chemicals. I'm sure there are many other things that could cause secondary explosions as well.

I just don't think an explosion under extreme chaos can be automatically deemed a "bomb".

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You're right, that would've been difficult to do because those planes didn't take off from the twilight zone, they took off from regular airports, with other passengers and many many people able to see them. A strapped on bomb would have been seen. That's why people advocating for that theory have lost any form of credibility in my mind.

How can you honestly think that a plane could take off from Boston's Logan airport (not exactly a quiet small town portal) with something strapped to it and no one would see it or think it's weird? It simply does not work. It's not a theory, it's a lie.

As for other theories, the problem here is people proclaiming themselves as "experts" even though they are not. If they were experts they would know about periodic powerdowns and why they're done sometimes. This would not make anyone suspicious because it's a common occurance. It's simply not fair for someone who doesn't know about a topic to make himself into an authority, which seems to be what people like this Jones do.

As for my personal opinion, keeping in mind that I was there that day and saw and heard much of what people have decided to write articles about based not on "seen and heard" but on their own theories, I only know what I saw. I know I saw a monster fireball blast out of the front of the second tower. I know I heard awful noises of buckling columns. I also know I did not see any faces of Satan, any UFO's riding alongside the planes, any government officials running around planting bombs, any Israelis saying "thank god i told you to stay home right?" or anything of the nature that these people write. I'm no physicist. What I know is that 2 planes slammed into skyscrapers that could have been built better, and that sucks. For some reason unknown to me groups of people find it necessary to blame ANYONE but the actual group who did this and proclaimed on television thousands of times that they wanted to perform acts like this. Anyone but them right?
You want to say our Intelligence dropped the ball? Fine, I hear that. But they were the ones who did it? That's a serious charge you know. Photoshopped pictures made by idiots who have nothing else to do are not evidence. We all need to remember that.

My real problem is the way that people have taken this as their cash cow. All these people running websites, writing books, making documentaries, without caring the slightest bit about the people they insult. It's as though calling someone a mass murderer is no longer a major issue. Yeah the government killed 3,000 people to make some cash on oil. How #ing dare you make a charge like that without having any evidence. There is no accountability needed anymore. It's not right.

I hope in 20 years when we look back at this these people will have fallen by the wayside and the real stories about the day can come from the people who were actually there. I'm sure in 1776 there were people who were saying that the British were only doing all this so that America could set Washington up as it's ruler. Thank god those people have been forgotten. So will these.

Oh, almost forgot, yup, you got my name right. I have em occasionally, they're kinda on the harsh side. Only benefit is no one bums them off me.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Howard you're right there was a story told about truck bombs. It was also initially announced on the news that there was anywhere from 4 planes hijacked to 8 planes hijacked. It changed every few minutes. The bottom line was no one had ever seen anything like this, and people were going crazy to find out what was going on. That can often lead to speculation. Of course as we have seen in embarassing presidential elections News Channels are WAY too quick to announce speculation as news. That's probably what happened there.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
i think the idea of bombs came about because in the initial excitement and confusion, terrorists who are normally associated with bombs, was speculated by an on air tv personality and they idea spread.

I personally believe that the key people in various organizations including the white house had advance knowledge of what was about to go down and they allowed it. I don't think bombs were involved in any way.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

its funny that you should say that these people are talking bs and trying to manipulate data to fit pet theories the only people that have manipulated the facts since that day are the american government prison planet did not make up this report they use mainstream media reports for nearly everything they publish so how you can say pet thoery astounds me, if you would just wake up for one second you would realise this, the chief safety officer for the new york fire department was llistening to his officers in the buildings and they were the ones that were reporting bombs going off and various other explosions i may add that these tapes have been heard by the families of some of the dead and then they were sealed as evidence which i guarantee to never see the light of day, also the point you made regarding the the planes and missiles, there is evidence to suggest there were devices attached to the second plane, a pod is clearly visible under the plane no one can deny this also the footage of the first plane hitting was doctored by the networks after they realised what it showed, this was also after they had first aired the footage which if viewed correctly an explosion a spilt second before impact can clearly be seen on both tapes and both planes if there was nothing to hide why edit vital parts, again i state all this footage has come from mainstream media its not prison planets fault that half the world decided to tape history unfolding and getting the first aired footage which was then edited after they realised what it showed if you bothered to look at the evidence instead of been spoon fed everything the government tell you and want you to believe then maybe you would understand the commitment to yours and mine freedom and in some cases sacrifices people are making and the time they are taking out of there lives just so you and me get to see the real truth because bush will not give it to you he thinks you are not worthy stamps it top secret then says history will be his judge. it will be his judge and it will be him creating it.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
There were plenty of follow up explosions. As said above that occurs when you have very hot flames encountering certain materials. Again, not that I claim to be a scientist, but I have to assume many cleaning materials, IT equipment, and all sorts of other things might not burn "quietly".

As for your comment about this man listening to what was going on from his men in the buildings. Let me be the first person who has actually heard large segments of tape recorded on Sept. 11th from emergency workers inside the buildings to lay this shocker on you: There were a LOT of people SCREAMING a LOT of stuff. Anyone who makes the claim that they could CLEARLY hear someone identifying a bomb is a liar. You hear people yelling about fires. Something just blew up. I'm trapped. Get the hell out of here. Stay back. Send them out.

Yeah there were explosions. Obviously. It all depends on how desperately you want fame and readership to decide how you interperet what those were. In keeping with the desire to find the truth I'd hope that people would change their statements from "bombs went off" to "there were explosions".

top topics

join