It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with Dubai??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is the first time I have started a thread so sorry if this has been posted before. Does anybody else think there is something seriously strange about Dubai? At first I just thought this is billionares investing into making a high class tourist attraction, however I don't see how the transformation could happen so fast without some financial backing from other powerful people in these financial times. What do we know about political ties to Dubai?

My conspiracy mind makes me think this would be the home of the worlds powerful should some global catastrophy stike?

Edit due to spelling.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Comsence2075]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hmm, I have no idea of the strategic importance of Dubai in the event of some planetary disaster, I'm leaning on the belief that Dubai is just a ridiculously wealthy extravagance built on the back of virtual slaves.

That's how they were able to build Dubai- Lots of money for the materials and extremely little money for the labor who built these towering palaces, and a lot of labor was needed for that.

I read somewhere that Dick Cheney had a pad somewhere in Dubai, I could have read it wrong.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
My thoughts were the same as far as wealth and slaves but it seems too much for it to be that simple. I would be very interested to know if Cheney or anybody similar has any ownership in anything in Dubai.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar

That's how they were able to build Dubai- Lots of money for the materials and extremely little money for the labor who built these towering palaces, and a lot of labor was needed for that.

yeah agreed, I remember watching a bbc doc about the workers living in 'sewage' conditions....

news.bbc.co.uk...

even found the doc for u, might only be available to UK only though?!

www.bbc.co.uk...

BTW....The doc is called Slumdogs and Millionaires "Panorama goes undercover in the millionaires' playground of Dubai to look at luxury developments. Reporter Ben Anderson discovers that behind the glossy sales brochures is an army of construction workers living in appalling conditions."

[edit on 5-7-2009 by slinkey10]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
it is a supposid heaven for the wealthy when the # hits the fan here in the usa. all the wealthy will want to stay there. one place they go. greed is hear and abound. yes i put hear, as in to use the ear. so pay attention to time magazine and the tv before it goes out. scenario.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comsence2075
This is the first time I have started a thread so sorry if this has been posted before. Does anybody else think there is something seriously strange about Dubai? At first I just thought this is billionares investing into making a high class tourist attraction, however I don't see how the transformation could happen so fast without some financial backing from other powerful people in these financial times. What do we know about political ties to Dubai?

My conspiracy mind makes me think this would be the home of the worlds powerful should some global catastrophy stike?

Edit due to spelling.

Well, you've showed us all you have an imagination. Maybe you should exhibit your research skills to find out what's going on in Dubai? Hint: It has nothing to with conspiracies.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperViking

Originally posted by Comsence2075

Edit due to spelling.

Well, you've showed us all you have an imagination. Maybe you should exhibit your research skills to find out what's going on in Dubai? Hint: It has nothing to with conspiracies.

Hmm, well I am sorry than genius I guess I should always just believe what I am told.

That's why you contribute to this site or maybe I had the wrong idea??

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Comsence2075

Dubia is one of the worst hit areas in the world. My friend was a construction manager over there. They were doing massive projects when the recession hit. He told me within two weeks his boss was put and jail and most projects going on were shut down. People over there were fleeing to get out of Dubai as fast as they can. Over there if you are in debt and unable to pay your bills they throw you in jail. That is what happened to his boss. In fact, he said the airport over there was filled with exotic cars (lamborghinis, ferraris, mercedes, etc.) with IOU notes on on them. Guess those people rather leave the country then go to jail. And you all think the USA is bad.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The rich families I know have gone to cuba......

VEry starnge, whole families moved there with no explanation.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
tide88, so I guess Dubai has been affected bad. Ok, well then that helps me to realize the boom was just a natural part of its evolution that occured due to money and effort, not conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You'll believe it from some guy here on ATS, but you won't believe the multitudes of other reports about it? Either you really hate research, or you do believe everything you hear- just not from reputable sources. Whatever you hear on an internet messageboard populated mainly by people with severe emotional or psychological problems.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Dubai exploded from oil wealth ... oil went from $20/b to well over $120 .. the increase caused hyper inflation in places like the UAE ..

Like Warren said .. the UAE economy has essentially collapsed. As has most of the Arab world..

Nothing entirely special about Dubai

top topics

join