It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You See In This Photo!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I saw this picture on a website years ago, I think it was Art Bells site. I have since it on multiple sites about ghosts and clouds. Although it says copyrighted 1916, I could find nothing that said not to use it without permission, so here it is.

What is this. The photo was taken as stated in 1916 and if I remember correctly it was in Kansas after a storm. Really defined to be a cloud. It looks like a monk carrying a scroll, or the grim reaper maybe?? What do you all think?? If this has been posted before I apologize, but this one blows my mind!!

media.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I see what you see but I don't have any explanation for it.

Very odd indeed.

Was there any other information listed at the site where you found
the photo?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Looks like a fake to me, but dont really have proof other than it doesnt appear to fit together very well. By the way, is your sunburn getting any better?

Anyway to really answer your question, it looks like a man or woman in pajamas lke they had back in the day holding something large in the left hand and something small in the right hand. Also they appear to be wearing an old time night cap.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaydie

No, just "ghost photo taken in 1916". But I remember several years ago seeing this same photo on another site that told a little bit more about it, I am still searching...This picture intrigues me...its so...well creepy...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
It looks like someone took a photo and forgot to advance it before taking the second photo. You then have two photos superimposed on top of each other.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

You think so? That is possible.

Yes it is, thank you for asking!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

I thought about that, but I have no idea what type of cameras were being used in 1916...something else to research!!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I see what looks like Moses holding the tablets, only hooded for some reason. Anyway I agree with the others that it is most likely a double exposure.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
lookslike one of the Guys from Lord of the rings, you know the kings who had the rings haha

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

This is a very easy trick to pull off in a darkroom, using two slides. You simply underexpose the "angel" so it comes out light, cover the area and expose the other slide. We learned to do that in photo class.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Double exposure, but what is the person wearing? It looks like a doctors smock, but the hat looks like an old kkk hat or a ski hat.

Odd picture for sure.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
looks kinda like the grim reaper to me in white instead of black.

maybe in his hand is a list of names of people hes got to collect or whatever one might say he does.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

I agree. Grimreaper was the first thing to come to mind.

Strange.

top topics

join