It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any thoughts on unusual light in the sky tonight over England?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
At approximately 2;45 BST tonight, July 4th i became aware of a commotion in my garden. I live in a pretty quiet suburb of Coventry. The noise was the sound of a Blackbird's warning/distress call. I assumed the cat was out stalking something but a little surprised it was worrying birds that were, i assume asleep on their perches.. Given the shortness of the nights here, right now, it could well have been just an early waking bird and the cat worrying it...

However as i surveyed the garden my attention was caught by a bright yellow/white lighted object travelling West to east in a perfectly straight line.. It was quite hard to distinguish but i had time to grab my binoculars and get a better look.. I'd say there were, in fact 3 lights, in a tight triangular configuration with the leading light , larger in size and causing the two set to the rear to be slightly obscured.

What the binoculars did show was that. There were no other coloured lights, as you expect on a civilian craft, ie no red or green navigation lights. The brightness was , luckily easily to compare, as Jupiter, is prominent in the southern sky. The light was easily a magnitude of so brighter than Jupiter , which would put it at about -3 or 4. In other words, a pretty bright light.

My immediate assumption was that, it might be a helicopter, but that would mean there would be a definite engine sound, the night was still and as quiet as a city gets. However, there was no engine noise at all. What there was though, as the it passed from horizon to horizon, was a sound i can only describe as. That of the blades of a helicopter slowed right down that seemed to come from nowhere but everywhere at the same time. it wasn't loud but it was definitely there and only lasted for the duration of the sighting. The sound was akin to where you take an object and swing it around your head on a piece of string. probably no louder than that either, in fact maybe a little quieter...

So the questions are..

Is there a stealth helicopter that can fly pretty low carries no traditional, navigation lights, even over built up areas, and is so quiet as to produce so little noise that, you probably wouldn't notice it over the general hubbub of a day time city?

What other craft are allowed to fly without the normal navigational lights over built up areas and either have a huge light that looks bigger than the planet Jupiter whilst flying so high as to make their engine noise undetectable, on a still lnight, from the ground? Or can fly at a fairly low attitude without their engine noise being apparent?

I would guess, i admit i didn't check, it took about a minute to cross from one horizon to the other... I did consider trying to film using my phone, but it would have been just another blurry light on a lo res camera so didn't bother and just kept observing till it vanished from sight...

i have checked a couple of times since and the slow *whoosh* sound that accompanied the object has not returned, so i can only assume, it was something to do with the object and not just a coincidence..

Any thoughts I;d be interested to hear...Anyone heard a similar noise? Does anyone know of any craft in the skies that have these same characteristics?

[edit on 3-7-2009 by FireMoon]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
i watched the news clip about that.

it appears similar to 'other' flaming ring/disk that we have been seeing, but the intensity of the light and the structure seems closer to what japanese witnessed than most UFO sightings elsewhere. possible man-made craft mimicking out of space craft? not sure.

surely can use some expertise of other seasoned posters.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

is this what you saw?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by curiousaboutsky

Hmmm, through the binoculars there was no pulse it was a very steady beam, with just the blur you'd expect to see around a very bright light.. it was definitely more yellow than Jupiter looks and about twice as large as Jupiter appeared in the sky tonight

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
must be something else then.

was the incident reported by media by any chance? would love to see what you saw

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Not sure, it only happened about 90 minutes ago... early hours of the 4th July. I might try and contact the local Air traffic Control and inquire as to , did they have any craft flying over the area at that time...?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Years ago I saw what looked like a flying football stadium lighting rack. You know, the rows of lights like at sports stadiums? That was probably the closest thing I've seen to what you are saying.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I just registered to post this. I live in Katy, TX and this morning before work around 6:00am, I was on my patio smoking a cigarette and noticed a bright star that I never remember seeing before.

I stared at it for not even a minute before I realized it was moving very gently to the left then to the right. I was still waking up at the time so I didn't really think anything of it.

Now I'm currently on my patio at 11:53PM and that exact same star I saw this morning is further to the right and moving exactly how it was moving this morning. I dragged my boyfriend out here a minute ago to check it out and he see's it moving too! It's moving very slowly in a "ping pong" fashion, if that makes any sense, but looks like its staying in place if you just glance at it.

Is anyone else noticing this too? We both got chills when we both saw it move!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Did it appear starlike?

I've also seen these kind of objects, actually if you go out any clear night and look up and wait you will eventually see one. Some say it's a satellite, some say it's something more...

Check this thread out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-7-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cb0688
I just registered to post this. I live in Katy, TX and this morning before work around 6:00am, I was on my patio smoking a cigarette and noticed a bright star that I never remember seeing before.

I stared at it for not even a minute before I realized it was moving very gently to the left then to the right. I was still waking up at the time so I didn't really think anything of it.

Now I'm currently on my patio at 11:53PM and that exact same star I saw this morning is further to the right and moving exactly how it was moving this morning. I dragged my boyfriend out here a minute ago to check it out and he see's it moving too! It's moving very slowly in a "ping pong" fashion, if that makes any sense, but looks like its staying in place if you just glance at it.

Is anyone else noticing this too? We both got chills when we both saw it move!

i live in oregon, and my wife told me something similar happened to her at 1 in the morning yesterday. swear.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Would it be too outlandish saying it could be ET

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The time is now 1:27 AM and I just got back inside from watching this "star" for the past 15 minutes. It's further to the right than it was earlier and seemed like it was "bobbing" up and down while stopping in between. There was no pattern but it just seems so strange...never seen anything like it. Still gives me goosebumps when I watch it!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I saw an orange orb last night outside the pub at 10 past midnight, in Harpenden, Hertfordshire. I just posted a thread about it.

Was outside having a smoke with a mate. It went from one side of the sky to the other, ina straight line, in about 2 minutes. About double the size of a low down aircraft light.

[edit on 4/7/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hello all,

last saturday while driving in Czech republic at evening (~22PM) I noticed that very bright "star" suddenly appeared. I first thought it's Venus, but it was brighter and after a while it started to move slowly.
It was slightly pulsating light with color like sodium gas tube. After few minutes it disappeared in clouds.
Never seen something similar...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
www.villagephotos.com...

Have done a rough and ready picture of what the light/object looked like in comparison to Jupiter. Note this is not a photo of the incident and is just to illustrate what the object looked like to my eyes in comparison to the size of Jupiter

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I've been seeing red glowing lights above my house over the last few months, and seeing as I only go out and look up at the night sky once in a while these things must be going over pretty regular.

Started off with a friend seeing 13 in formation, then I saw one travelling in an arc across the town before disappearing over the hills, and then last week I went out and saw one again. Looked at it for a few seconds, and then for some reason I turned my head to glance at the full moon, and when I turned back it had gone. I stood there for a good few minutes looking for it, but despite there being clear night sky all around the area it had been there was no sign.

I've had a hard-to-explain thing about the words and letters 12ARC over the last 12 years, and I noticed that the difference between the number my friend saw and my sighting was 12, and that they were travelling in an arc. Made me wonder...

Many years ago I saw a white light approach the moon and then travel around the circumference instead of passing by in front of it. There's some weird stuff going on up there, but I would guess it's either military or some intelligent lifeform indigenous to Earth that we don't know about.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Mystery of the light in the sky has , seemingly been solved. I logged onto science.nasa.gov... to check it wasn't a satellite or the ISS immediately after the sighting and the ISS was not listed as being visible. it now trasnpires that, apparently, they no longer list the ISS transits , so of course it didn't show up. I have found another site that does list them and there was a transit of the ISS at the same time i saw the object on the 4th in exactly the trajectroy i tracked it. I watched the trasnit tonight at 1;30 am and it was pretty much, the same lights i saw last night moving at a similar pace... So i think we can write this one off down to my mis observation. One pleasing note, is that, i estimated the brightness at between -3 and -4 magnitude and it was listed at -3.5 , so i got that part almost spot on...

However, have to say, there was no noise tonight and the birds certainly weren't perturbed by anything, including me lumping round the back garden, so that matter still remians unresolved..

top topics

join