It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help, psychics? Crystal Skull.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I am most interested in knowing anything I can about this mystery. This Crystal Skull was found in an archeological dig by a young lady (who I'm not sure if she's still alive today)

This obviously was not made by human hands. I'm hoping is there anyone here who has psychic abilities and may be able to look at the skull and see perhaps where it was made. Who made it?

I'm interested to understand more of WHY are there the number of 13 skulls, this one skull being the only perfect one out of all of them. WHAT could that mean? Or represent? It seems to coincide with the Jesus and his disciples method. Except I don't think this is about that. Or could it be?

This mysterious Crystal Skull was created by 'whomEVER' for some reason or other. The jaw moves, and the eyes reflect back the environment it is in. There have been strange occurrences regarding it and some have had unusual dreams when the skull was in their room.

Whoever has ANY, and I mean ANY ideas...please, post or send me a U2U. I am very interested in knowing what you can surmise out of this Crystal creation.

The story is in the middle of this page, and is called:
"The Mitchell Hedges Crystal Skull"

www.crystalinks.com...

[Edited on 5/6/2004 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Take a look at this link, it has pictures and info about the crystal skull. the skull you have a picture of is called the The Mitchell Hedges Crystal Skull a.k.a the 'skull of doom'.

"It is at least 3,600 years old and according to legend was used by the High Priest of the Maya when performing esoteric rites. It is said that when he willed death with the help of the skull, death invariably followed. It has been described as the embodiment of all evil. I do not wish to try and explain this phenomena."

www.crystalinks.com...

jees, i just saw you already have a link to it.

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by no_name]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
that was cute.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamaraMorgueAnn
This obviously was not made by human hands.

What makes you think this?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
They said it would take approximately 300 human years to sand it down.

But they say there is no evidence of any tools being used! It's too perfect.

The detail work is unfathomable as to how TO make. That even in today , it would be impossible to recreate.

Now that I think of it, heck haha, PYRAMIDS would take 300 yrs to build! Why would any human nation spend that much time on carving a little crystal skull?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This ongoing mystery facinates me too. Here some cool info..
www.world-mysteries.com...
Sanc'.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This has been hanging around a now defunct MSN community that KayEm & myself ran a couple of years ago. Some of it can be found here.
I'll post the lot just in case.

Crystal Skulls - FAQ

What is a Crystal Skull ?
A crystal skull is a stylized carving of a human skull. It can be any size. Clear rock quartz crystal is the most common medium for those found in ruins but they also come in amethyst, rose quartz, smoky quartz, alabaster, topaz, moonstone, tourmaline, ametrine, citrine, sapphire, agate, and just about any other stone you can name.
Those the size of a human skull are of special interest.

Where do they come from ?
Most crystal skulls are found in burial sites located throughout Mexico and Central America. These are the ones most likely to be referred to as Ancient (scientifically dated carvings to be 1,000 years old or older). They come in several different carving styles and may range in size from that of a grapefruit to larger than human.

Old crystal skulls, those dated between the turn of this century and the last, come mostly from European estate sales. They are more likely to be replicas of the human skull in shape and size. Some are exquisitely fashioned and tend to be more anatomically correct.

Contemporary crystal skulls come from the United States, Brazil, Central America, Europe and the Orient. They come in all sizes and are carved from a variety of stones. There are several human sized skulls carved each year in the U.S. by master artisans, available in both one and two piece renderings. They are priced between $10,000 & $50,000. There are also affordably priced movable jawed skulls now coming out of China.

How many are there ?
Ancient crystal skulls - The answer to this question is constantly being revised as new ones come forward. Nick Nocerino, Founder and Director of the Society of Crystal Skulls, is aware of 49 that he considers to be of Ancient origin. Very few Ancients are available for public viewing. Max & Sha-Na-Ra are two such skulls. Both reside in the United States.

Old crystal skulls - This number changes as more surface through estate sales. There are several good examples available for public viewing. One individual has 8 such skulls in a private collection.

Contemporary crystal skulls - Countless tens of thousands are made each year of the small variety. The Society does not keep an exact count. They are tracked by style. The same is true for the larger, human sized contemporaries that number in the hundreds. One private collector in the San Francisco Bay Area owns nine such contemporary human sized crystal skulls. We know of none that tour publicly at this time.

What is so special about them?
It all depends on your point of view. A human sized skull fashioned from quartz crystal is intriguing from many angles. The fact they are found in tombs is interesting from an archeological stand point. The medium is interesting because of the metaphysical properties associated with crystals and stones. From an artists stand point, they are beautiful to behold because of the craftsmanship involved and the type of tools it took to create the Ancients. At a time in history when stone pyramids were being constructed and human sacrifices were considered spiritual, crystal skulls were being carved. The primary question is why?

Do they have a purpose ?
Yes. Exactly what that might be is under consideration. All we have at the moment is a collection of theories and beliefs. Because they are found in tombs, the assumption is they have some religious significance. One theory states tribal shamen used them to control events within the community.

Who made them ?
The only thing we know for sure is they were carved by human hands using the tools of the times. Electron microscopes prove this beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Present knowledge leads us to believe they were created by temple carvers and given to warriors in a secret cult.

What is the origin behind the legend of the circle of thirteen skulls ?
In 1980, Nick Nocerino began lecturing to public forums on Ancient crystal skulls. Along with imparting research information and showing slides, he shared his childhood vision of a circle of thirteen stones or skulls, during which, he introduced the concept of a Master Skull, a skull that contained all the knowledge of the other twelve.

Mr. Nocerino's vision has been adopted by New Age believers world wide. Some might even say it has taken on a life of it's own.

Truth be told, 13 skulls have been brought together at one time. It was done privately. The state of the world remains the same.

I have a small contemporary crystal skull that I picked up a couple of years ago. Its quite esquisitely carved even down to the seperate teeth.

And its good to see the Laughing Kitten getting around so much

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Pisky]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
for the information. Yea Pisky, itsa cute kitty!

Hey Pisky...would that by any chance, be a picture of you? in that website?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by glee

This obviously was not made by human hands.

What makes you think this?

said crystal skull was studied at corning and was said by researchers that even with the best of our laser technology it could not be reproduced ...
if you read .........Extra-terrestial Friends and Foes
by George C. Andrews.....he has some very interesting things to say about this skull ....

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I thought I remember reading that theses crystall "skulls" story had been debunked a WHILE ago, and that the skulls were really not as old as they pretend them to be, and some were even really fairly recent.

But I can't seem to find any link about it...

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I find the crystal skulls to be a really fascinating topic. I saw one of them in a new age shop a long time ago but didn't have the money to buy it
It wasn't an old one obviously but I would have loved to try to scry using it. Apparently some people have had good results by doing that.

Yes, that kitten is cute, but the animated one is even better. It had me in tears the first time I saw it

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You know what's really gross, and kinda scary....

When I was living in Toronto, I met this guy who was a really quiet person. He was a nice guy. One day he invited me over for drinks at his place, and I went. He seemed quite normal. After about an hour, he said that he had something strange to show me. That he got it from a friend.

He opened up the cabinet up top, in the kitchen and took out of it a skull ! It was smallish, not an adult skull. I was kinda "UH...wondering if I was safe to be there"...He still seemed to be normal. So I didn't panic. He told me he didn't know where it came from. I held it in my hands, and it felt so smooth. Like ivory. And it had substance to it, a heavy feeling. It felt like it had been the skull of a young girl. I felt sad when I was holding it. I wondered how it got out of its grave. Any way. Strange story. That crystal skull they say is smaller than adult size. I was wondering about that crystal skulls meaning. And how in the website they say it is female.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Just click on 'Laughing Kitten' in my sig - its linked to the animated kitten

You can get virtually anything on Ebay. Even bits of human beings (usually ex-medical specimens). Pretty vile if you ask me. I'd hate to think of my skull ending up in some gob#e's cupboard.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Double post - fecking IE !

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
But it's not animated. How do I get to see it animated? Does it's mouth move?

Oh. O.k. Now I've seen it.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Oops - my link is to the original Laughing Kitten.
The animated one is here

Hey Pisky...would that by any chance, be a picture of you? in that website?

No - its the Pixy Baby. For the story about why I use him as my avatar, just look at my blog. (Ignore the stuff about Butthead - he's a git)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Project Camelot interviews the current owner of the Mitchell Hedges crystal skull:

He also speaks of when the skull was brought together with a Crystal Orb, that the skull turned white and the orb turned gold; even a vague picture in the video where you can kind of see it.

A must see!

new topics

top topics

join