It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swineflu on a luxury cruiser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Swineflu on a luxury cruiser

No Snippet, because this story was mentioned on the television. Thats why I' m writing. The Russians just told that there is H1N1, the bioflu, on this particular cruiser with 14 crewmembers sick and at leat one passanger. There are 2000 tourist on the ship, mostly Americans. Could somebody on the ATS find out about the mentioned cruise?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I am brand new here and have yet to learn how to handle what I have in my mind.
Anyway, the ship is now on her way back to the port of departure. She has 2000 tourist on board, mostly of them Americans, the Russian news claimed.We have heard nothing else about this ship, which by now should be somewhere close to Demark.

I wonder if any of you have heard of this, since the authroties in my country do not tell anything.Is there a way to follow the ships jouney through the Baltic Sea, and ports she has to stop for supplies. The story is nightmarish and it would be of value to know if it is true.
Stuntranch

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
uh oh

glad im not on that cruise ship

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The Cruiser stopped Helsinki, Finland on sunday and headed to St. Petersburg after that. Story of swine flu outbreak on ship was on our (Finland) national news after Russian authorities had found out about the swine flu. The ship personnel had not told about the outbreak to Finnish authorities or WHO.

Original article here

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Uncertainty Surrounds Cruise Liner Swine Flu Cases

Fourteen cases of the H1N1 virus have been confirmed onboard a cruise liner that docked in Helsinki on Sunday. The Emerald Princess cruise liner docked in the capital for eight hours en route to St. Petersburg. According to the Russian Ria Novosti news agency, swine flu has been confirmed among 13 crew members and one passenger. Russian health officials say they have been quarantined on the vessel. They have been given the Tamiflu medication and do not need hospitalisation. All other passengers have undergone health checks and have left the ship in St. Petersburg. Most of the over 4,400 people on the ship, flying under the Bermudan flag, were Americans. Those on board included 3,243 passengers and 1,201 crew members.

YLE news

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RocKukko

The ship left Copenhagen on the 26th with over 4,000 on board and it hasn't been reported to Who? That is really strange and worrisome.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Yes, it is strange. Maybe just good ol' greed talking there. The people onboard must be widely infected by now. I wonder how the people will be treated when they reach their destination. Mass quarantine?

[edit on 2-7-2009 by RocKukko]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
BioFlu, nice twist !

So the flu takes a ride in luxury, wonder if they will allow them to walk of the boat .. !!

new topics

top topics

join