It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel 'used human shields' in Gaza: Amnesty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Israel 'used human shields' in Gaza: Amnesty

rawstory.com

Amnesty on Thursday accused Israeli forces of war crimes in Gaza, saying they used children as human shields and conducted wanton attacks on civilians, in a report rejected as "unbalanced" by Israel.

The London-based human rights group also accused Hamas of war crimes, but said it found no evidence to support Israeli claims that Gaza's Islamist rulers used civilians as human shields during Israel's massive 22-day offensive.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com
www.upi.com

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
What this article is showing is basically both sides accusing each other of war crimes. First off in war there is going to be atrocities committed. Using children as shields would seem to me to be below a modern military such as Israel has. Not that anything could be possible. The article also goes on to say that homes were used as a base for snipers, effectively making the family, who were forced to stay in one room, the human shields.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
this is not the first time Israel has done this
they also put palenstinian kids on tanks a few years ago
i'll find the link

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Wow, I've never heard of such cowardly acts before. You should also see this site: ziomania.com... - The Middle East is being punished by cowards. Imperialism is alive and well in the 21st century.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

What this article is showing is basically both sides accusing each other of war crimes.

Not to nitpick, but that's not really the case. A third, independent party (Amnesty International), is accusing both sides of war crimes. Big difference.

Amnesty International doesn't have a political axe to grind, unlike Israel or Gaza. So this isn't simply a case of "he said, she said" propaganda or accusations.

If using children as shields doesn't blemish Israels image, I don't know what will.
Next time they should think twice before doing that.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Yes you are right, the accusations are coming from a third party.
Still thanks to you and to everyone else who is posting.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Amnesty International doesn't have a political axe to grind,

I have to disagree. Amnesty International USED TO BE a great organization. We donated to them on a regular basis. But then they definately got very political. Now they turn a blind eye when it suits them but then they go to town with the press with issues/groups they like.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The Major is wondering who this "Amnesty" is? It couldn't be Amnesty International, so it must be some guy who calls himself "Amnesty."

I'm sure all the recruits are a bit confused at the Major's statement. Perhaps the recruits can show the Major where on the Amnesty International website that the following quotes from this "news article" can be found:

effectively using the families, both adults and children, as human shields and putting them at risk

Intentionally using civilians to shield a military objective, often referred to as using 'human shields' is a war crime

Others, including women and children, were shot at short range when posing no threat to the lives of the Israeli soldiers

rawstory.com...

Here are the Amnesty International's releases for 2 JUL 2009:

www.amnesty.org...

and

www.amnesty.org...

The blatant omission by this "news article" is what Amnesty International really said:

The report shows that Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups fired hundreds of rockets into southern Israel, killing three Israeli civilians, injuring scores and driving thousands from their homes. "Such unlawful attacks constitute war crimes and are unacceptable," added Donatella Rovera.

www.amnesty.org...

The Major is both amused, and disappointed. Amused that it is the Palestinians that Amnesty International has named as being guilty of war crimes; disappointed that the recruits assembled latched onto the claims of second hand reporting instead of going straight to the source.

Recruits, going through life with a cranial-rectal inversion is no way to serve in this man's army, get a healthy dose of "Deny Ignorance" from the battalion aid station and report for duty.

Dismissed.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Major Discrepancy

So everything that Amnesty International says is on their website?
I doubt that!!!

ModernAcademia is not convince by the major's opinion.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
How well do these human shields work? Doe"s the human body have good stopping powering?
where these people alive or dead?
you know what WAR SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorKnight

Worrior
Your statement is very ugly, but also very true. I am reading beyond just your words of coarse. I doubt I would have said it the way you did.
Again thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Israel has long used human shields in it's never ending game of creating the amazing shrinking Palestine.

Hamas rockets can not and could not reach any part of Israel proper that it does not illegally occupy.

All the land that surrounds Gaza and the West Bank is land that was meant to belong to the Palestinians in original treaties.

That Israel takes the land through force of arms and then settles civilians on it, clearly demonstrates that those civilians are not 'settlers' not even the 'theives' that they are for settling on stolen land, but 'Zionist human shields'.

Israel needs to rethink it's criminal expansionist policies, it's illegal collective punishments of non-combatant civilians and it's propoganda arm entirely now that the Twitter age is here, were unfiltered, uncontrolled, and unapproved but none the less true and accurate social commentary by independent and intelligent humans can respond factually and verbally to a wide audience demonstrating the 'holes' and 'lies' in Israel's propoganda.

Or of course it can keep acting like a collective group of war mongering barbarians to fulfill Bible prophecy of "all nations will eventually turn against Israel"...wow I don't wonder why!

Israel is an illegal pariah nation of theives, liars, murderers that does not abide by International human rights standards or treaties.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I've just finished watching this documentary "Beyond the Wall" where 4 protagonists, one a commander of the Special Forces of the Israeli army, the other a leader of the Fatah during the first Intifada. All four suffered personal losses in this conflict. However through dialogue and overcoming their hatred and fear, they all became close friends and shared relationship with their Palestinian families.

It was heart wrenching to see two diametically opposing sides could achieve such close understanding and bonds with each other.

The tragedy of it all was towards the end, the young daughter of the Palestinian family was shot dead by an IDF soldier. No provocation, no reasons, just a senseless taking of young human live who was on her way home from school.

It just defies any logic that a defenceless young girl's life was taken just because she was a Palestinian, and that somebody could go home and sleep that night.

What was even more compelling, was the Palestinian family commitment to continue their goal of seeking peace and understanding, and not to harbor any hatred.

Hope this is not too off topic. Thought I'd share this glimmer of light in a long dark tunnel.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by A Conscience

That is a great contribution, thanks. Stared
By any chance could you post the link to that documentary? It would probably be a good watch for people around here.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

That is a great contribution, thanks. Stared
By any chance could you post the link to that documentary? It would probably be a good watch for people around here.

Unfortunately, it was on TV. I could not find any other links to the documentary, except for this preview.
media.smh.com.au...

I would have loved for more people to watch this documentary. It may just rekindle some form of humanity in a lot of posters here.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Amnesty International doesn't have a political axe to grind,

I have to disagree. Amnesty International USED TO BE a great organization. We donated to them on a regular basis. But then they definately got very political. Now they turn a blind eye when it suits them but then they go to town with the press with issues/groups they like.

Amnesty rocks, don't be mad because they won't toe the line. Deal.With.It. The American way, not the imperialist way. They have an axe to grind all right, and that's the crimes committed by Israel. Deal.With.It. They're an aweesome organisation, don't be mad, get glad. The truth hurts, I know.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What more can you expect from "God's chosen people."

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bignick
What more can you expect from "God's chosen people."

Dude, the funniest thing is that they're Khazars, not God's chosen people... and they're in the land of Israel for a reason... you can see the true Israelites here (www.hebrewisraelites.org...), the reason the Jews are in Israel is this (www.angelfire.com...), don't let them fool or trample on you with their deceptive claim, do you really think these unholy atheists and paganists were god's chosen people? They're just fooling and there purpose in Israel will soon be fulfilled, then they'll have to take their butts elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElloAll
Deal.With.It.

Originally posted by ElloAll
www.hebrewisraelites.org...

Hmmmm .... You just registered today and yet your posting, and the pushing of those websites, is very familiar. What other accounts do you have here and under what names? TravisYah??? Just wondering.

[edit on 7/2/2009 by FlyersFan]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join