It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD came from.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
That is a mistake people make. About the belief in God, they get the concept of god and by that i mean any god or no god. The take this concept and say it is their belief and fact when in fact it is only a concept the have faith in. The same can be said about the theory of evolution and relativity they are all just concepts that people hold as beliefs and put faith into.
Proof of God or no god would not effect the mental well being of a sane individual, your rent is still due every month.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
God came from our imagination applied to natural knowledge. The Creator is unknowable and nothforthcoming with answers. Man has many hypothoses and speculative doctrines to answer your question. I have a question for you. Where do you think "God" came from?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

There must be an unmoved mover (St. Thomas Aquinas)

I beieve that to be correct but i think it was Aristotle that came up with the whole prime mover unmoved thing. we could go into detail about it but it boils down to this.
1.If something is moving something moved it
2.if one is true then then there should be a cause to all movement and not an infinite amount of causes.
3. According to two the mover could not be moved

So in a nutshell If something created god that would mean that God could be effected at which point would make it not a god.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Android X asks:
where did GOD come from?

My thoughts on this so far, is that GOD just is, always was, always is. GOD is everything around us, the particles, the atoms, muons and so forth, and their interaction is still determined. they react a certain way, with a little chaos thrown in for spice.

We are a product of this. There are others on other planets who are also product of this CREATION. GOD is the rulebook, the equation, GOD just is.

Not to be confused with the so called gods (beings from other space and maybe time) GOD is not the ones who helped and toyed with us in the ancient past. Our religion is more based on those gods than the real GOD, which the others gods were taking credit for.

Android X asks:
is there a religion version of Monopoly? The reason i ask this question is because , when i was 7 or 8, i found a monopoly card that said,"Get out of Hell". It scared me

Biblopoly is the only one that I can think of. My mom works for the bible society, I would have seen that. i always hang around the store when i pick her up, so I look around. i compare versus of the bible with different version of the bible. You wouldnt believe the different translations that are available. i have seen MANY different versus, and some are completely different, and others are fairly close. Changing one word, changes the meaning in the long run, That is why I KNOW religion dont mean scat.

We have surpassed the need for religion. We all know GOD exists, most here are certain that alien beings have come to our planet in the past. Those were not gods. They were advanced race preying on others. Id like to see them try again to mess with us. Advanced tech or not, they are not my gods.

Hey, I have biblopoly here............ Nope no get out of hell card. In this game its called meditation. Kinda cheesy. You collect bricks and offerings. The bricks are to build your church, like a corner stone or something. I really dont want to read the instructions and you will have to beg hard if you want pics. Haha

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Le Colonel]

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Le Colonel]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
God came from our imagination applied to natural knowledge. The Creator is unknowable and nothforthcoming with answers. Man has many hypothoses and speculative doctrines to answer your question. I have a question for you. Where do you think "God" came from?

The only way I can know that answer is when I die and meet GOD to ask him that question.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Android X
This is my first time posting in the religion. I just have 2 questions that need to be answered. The first one is, where did GOD come from? I believe in GOD, i just want to know where he came from.

Which God are you referring to?
It might help if you narrow that down a little bit.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I've always subscribed to theory that if God exists in a traditional sense he probably doesn't know where he came from. He more than likely created the world and etc, to see if beings like him would one day evolve.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

I beieve that to be correct but i think it was Aristotle that came up with the whole prime mover unmoved thing. we could go into detail about it but it boils down to this.
2.if one is true then then there should be a cause to all movement and not an infinite amount of causes.

So in a nutshell If something created god that would mean that God could be effected at which point would make it not a god.

I don't believe this is true. I think there was no beginning nor is there an end, everything is infinite. If your view is correct how did the mover even begin to move something if the mover is unmovable? And plus, your meaning is very vague. Don't you realize that all effects are also causes therefore how could there be a first cause if there was nothing to cause it? The only unchanging thing is change-or so I have heard.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by cancerian42]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
God always was.
Second line.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I Guess one must ask what you truly mean. If you mean where does the christian God come from, well from a couple guys locked up in prison that kept sending letters to the few churches they had set up hoping to maintain. Yes I am talking about the new testement. In general when you are talking about God, heaven or hell, good and evil, you are talking about man's contructs. We create the distictions. A way to ensure that are offspring continue to do what we believe is right and to explain away what we don't understand.

Of course you could really be interested in where an actual creator came from. Can't tell ya. Have to believe he/she/it exists and even if you do can you understand something outside of time as we know it?

Once had a conversation with God. This would be a conversation with myself of course I was just disassociating. Still I asked what the meaning of life was. Got a chuckle and a, "You wouldn't understand". So I asked if it was that complicated. "No," he says "It is that simple"

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42

Originally posted by zaiger

I don't believe this is true. I think there was no beginning nor is there an end, everything is infinite. If your view is correct how did the mover even begin to move something if the mover is unmovable? And plus, your meaning is very vague. Don't you realize that all effects are also causes therefore how could there be a first cause if there was nothing to cause it? The only unchanging thing is change-or so I have heard.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by cancerian42]

He makes a good point. It's like saying, Can GOD create a bolder so heavy that he can't lift it up.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
God came from Ireland, He's Irish.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I love all of the people that are saying that god has always been. If you so easily believe that god has always been, and had no point of origin, then why can't the universe exist without god?

You say god can exist without an origin, I guess he would just poof into existence then?

Why can't this apply to the universe without god? Why can't simple particles and matter "poof" into existence?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Thank you all for replying to this question. the reason i asked this is because me and some of my friends had a debate like everyday about this. we had one of these debates on a band trip before and had to stand up to them when they were talking bad to this girl in our band because she was atheist. i told them to back off. it was here choice what her religion was. they were surprised about this. i myself am a christian but not in any of those categories like baptist or catholic. i don't see the point in it; it's the same teachings. I believe in a God and that his son came to earth to die for our sins. I just can't believe in the bible that much. it's like the game telephone: after awhile, the word changes. my friends were surprised when i said this too. they were getting mad too. they were like what the bible says is true and stuff like that.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by son of total newbie
Since everything in the universe seems to work by cause and effect, what happens when you go back to the very beginning?...

Oddly enough, some quantum physics theories tell us that there is no "cause and effect" -- i.e., some theories say that it is possible for an effect to precede a cause.

Time may not be something that "happens to the universe", but rather all of the events that have ever happened -- or will happen -- in all of history could be independent of time.

Think of all of history -- past, present, AND future -- as a landscape, and what we call "time" as a window in a car. As we drive past the landscape, we see that the landscape (history) unfolds in front of us through the car window. We can only see a small part of that landscape it at any given time, and what we see can be called "the present time" -- HOWEVER, the whole of the landscape (history) already exists independently of that car window.

It doesn't "come into existence" only as we view it through the window, and then "disappear from existence" after we drive past it. History was always there -- it was already there before we drove up to it, and it still existed after we drove past it.

To put it more concisely:
Perhaps all of the past, present, and future of the universe in its entirety exists as a landscape outside of the car. However, we humans are stuck in that car and can only view a small part of that whole landscape (past/present/future) from the car window (time).

[edit on 1/6/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
also. we were taught in school that you can't create or destroy matter. if matter just "poof" into existence, it might mean almost everything we were taught about physics might be wrong.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
the last time I checked God came from MAN

we needed something/someone to point our fingers at when things go wrong and when things go good. We needed comfort in our times of hardship. Also we needed order when people turn bad.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join