It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD came from.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is my first time posting in the religion. I just have 2 questions that need to be answered. The first one is, where did GOD come from? I believe in GOD, i just want to know where he came from.

The second question is, is there a religion version of Monopoly? The reason i ask this question is because , when i was 7 or 8, i found a monopoly card that said,"Get out of Hell". It scared me

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
There isnt one god, the gods came from somewhere in our galaxy or another galaxy.

Yes i beleive our gods where aliens.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Android X

Since everything in the universe seems to work by cause and effect, what happens when you go back to the very beginning?

There must be an unmoved mover (St. Thomas Aquinas)

In science there was the big bang. But science wise, I think that the universe is more like a big bag of popcorn with each galaxy arising independently. In the last few years they have found a huge black hole at the center of our galaxy.

Maybe there are black holes at the center of all galaxies.

Anyhow, just think of this; next time you look at something new like a baby or a flower, realize that the newness is a re manefestation since the matter that makes up the new thing is at least billions of years old, possibly trillions, possibly infinite.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Android X

This is my first time posting in the religion. I just have 2 questions that need to be answered. The first one is, where did GOD come from? I believe in GOD, i just want to know where he came from.

God is beyond time. Therefore, he has no beginning. It's hard for our finite mind to grasp I know. Perhaps we'll understand better in eternity.

The second question is, is there a religion version of Monopoly? The reason i ask this question is because , when i was 7 or 8, i found a monopoly card that said,"Get out of Hell". It scared me

When I still lived in America, at Books-A-Million, I saw Bibleopoly once. I doubt that it had a "get of hell card". Perhaps when you were little, you found a tract that was made up like a Monopoly card or a homemade version of Monopoly.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Some things are too complex for the human mind to comprehend. This is one of them. You gotta have faith.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
God came from the chicken or the egg.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
To reiterate what was mentioned in another thread - God was an ancient description of energy. Energy is involved in everything. The movement of electrons around atoms; atoms binding into molecules; the creation of universe, earth, and life. To the ancients God was the best way to describe energy.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
There's no time, there's no space, and there's no god(shiny dude with white beard who loves you).

Creation is one body(mind) and you are part of it.

Now, you could pray to yourself all you want.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Android X

Time is a concept of our existence. God exists outside of time. I suppose that even if God were to try to explain who and why He is, we would still have a problem with it. For some like me, we know that God is because all things we see, hear, touch, and smell exist.

In another way to explain it is this. Let us say you had a dream when you sleep. That dream did not exist before you actually had it. It was in a sense created. In a dream you can do things as you do in everyday life like talk to people etc. Now it sounds strange when you think that all this is happening only in your brain. But while you dream you exist in a world created by mind energy alone. You don't realize it, but while you may be in the dream, you are actually outside of the dream where the dream exists in it's entirety within your being alone. So what created the dream was not physical but mental. We could say it was your soul, and soul is spiritual. And though made by thought alone, you are able to stand on ground held by gravity. You can eat, laugh, run, build things, play, and all that, and all within a world created by your mind.

So we are a creation of God's will and mind. The Bible says that He created all things and that without Him was not anything made that was made. And yet even though He made all things, He entered into the world and took the form of a Human among us. So while He was still outside of this world, yet He was still in it. We call our reality when we are awake, "The real world", and a dream is but a "dream". God's real world is called "Heaven", and this world to him is but a passing moment that will fade away just as dreams do fade away and we awake.

In the end, we understand that God is and always will be, and that we are created by Him for Him. God wants to bring us into His world, but that will take a choice. Jesus came into the world so that He could take us out of the world before the time of all this existence ends. Yes, it does take faith but it can be done. Put faith in God and ask Jesus to forgive you and save you, and He will, and when this dream is over, wherever Jesus is, there you will be too.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Fromabove]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
To the OP:

Don't let these Christian nutbars inject you with bull#.

Read this and think for yourself:

JEHOVAH: I created man and woman with freewill, but when they ate my apples, I condemned them with original sin. Then, I impregnated a woman with myself as her child, so that I could be born. Once alive, I killed myself as a sacrifice to myself, to save you from the sin I originally condemned you to.

I feel sorry for all the kids who are born into Christian families. They get programmed with bull# before they could even get a chance to see the word "logic" in the dictionary.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
When I still lived in America, at Books-A-Million, I saw Bibleopoly once. I doubt that it had a "get of hell card". Perhaps when you were little, you found a tract that was made up like a Monopoly card or a homemade version of Monopoly.

It was no fake. I played Monopoly all the time and this card was no fake. It was not home made ether.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Where did God come from?

The idea of a God(s) probably came from a fear of the unknown. Or the need for an explanation. You can answer most questions with God.

But if you believe God is real then I don't think your question could be answered. Maybe he/she/it had a normal life and normal family and accidentally created the universe while playing darts with some friends after eating a dodgey curry. It's as likely as any other answer you might get.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I am a Christian, I just don't believe everything in the Bible. Its been over 2000 years and a lot of things can change to a book. Some people don't believe this saying that it's the exact words of the Lord. It's like when you play Telephone, you start with a simple phrase and at the end, you would get something completely different.

That is why I'm asking these questions.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Truly friend, stop wondering, stop asking and stop seeking.

The answers aren't there. At least for us humans they aren't. Not in this plane. We aren't equipped to understand these answers, and besides if we knew what was at the end, it would ruin the trip.

Just be content with knowing that there is something afterwards, and it does not depend at all, on your behaviour here.

Live life to the fullest, have no regrets and God will like you just fine.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Android X...exactly. Telephone is a good analogy.

WOW...but I'm no "christian nutbar". LOGIC is just as programmable as religion.

Funny how you hear both sides to this question and either side is to the extreme.

We will see who is right and wrong. You don't have to be religious to understand that God created everything. God also gave us free-will. So you can choose to believe, or not. You can ask as many questions as you want or say as many arguments as possible on why God doesn't exist. Free-will.

My opinion: God is God. Alpha and Omega. (beginning and end)
There is no other excuse, or religion, or dogma to say otherwise. God did not just "appear" God is not a he or she. God is God. God has always been here, and God will always be here. This is not saying that man hasn't corrupted literature and stories to get his way in this life. No one will ever know what has been. That's why they call it Faith.

As far as the "Get out of Hell" card. I don't know. Never heard of it. Might be out there, though.

By the way, I have no religious affiliations.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This is what I believe:
Everything is cause and effect, there was no beginning cause though. Existence is infinite with no beginning or end. When you pray the only thing that it does is helps you to change and figure out the answers for yourself. People lie to themselves a lot because they are desperate for answers and are not willing to be patient. Fear is what causes all the evil in the world. Love is what causes all the good in the world. Good and evil are relative to experience. Everything is how it is supposed to be and everything will always be how it is supposed to be. Nothing is ever wrong. And here is the answer to your second question:
www.boardgames.com...

[edit on 2-7-2009 by cancerian42]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
From a Sentient Field Of Energy.

There you go.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

"God is beyond time. Therefore, he has no beginning. It's hard for our finite mind to grasp I know. Perhaps we'll understand better in eternity"

WHAT??!! That has to be one of the single biggest copouts i have ever heard regarding religion!

If it wasn't for the anti swearing policy on here, i'd certainly tell you what i really thought of that statement!

Suprisingly, my puny human mind CAN, in fact comprehend of nulltime, even if your's can't. Time does not actually exist for any of us. It is purely a human construct to measure (primarily cell degredation) processes around us. But time as we think of it, is theorised to be just energy changing form.

Perhaps blind faith (or pure gullibility) weakens the mind?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well i think the concept of time is a man made thing. If there is a god or not can be argued about until the cows come home. The whole argument of "then who created that" would never end.
I do agree to the idea that God is beyond time and just was/is. It is no more of a cop-out than saying there was nothing untill the big bang.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Well...that's one of the fundamental differences between having a faith in a supernatural 'god', or being totally honest and saying, 'I just don't know'.

Oh...i may think this is likey, or that, but in the final analysis...i don't know.

And here's the thing...neither do you. You might hope beyond hope or believe this or that...but faith, belief and hope are not absolute knowledge. They are not replacements for the truth of fact. They are what they are, sometimes they help, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they can even save lives...and end them.

But again, in the final analysis god does not become a real entity just because human beings wish it or believe it to be so.

Don't get me wrong, i think the religious 'life' guidlines are great, well, the one's i'm familiar with any way.

Don't kill, don't steal, don't be unfaithful, don't be a liar and generally don't be a nasty bit of work! All good life advice i think, and i try to live my life accordingly.

Would it be great if the Christian god existed? Or any of the other 'benign' gods that are worshipped all across our world? Yes, of course it would be!
Because you think it's good, i think it's good, and millions of others think it's good....just doesn't make it so, i'm afraid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join