It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Soldier Captured in Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
I don't know about anyone else here but seeing that old video of the Taliban taking those women out to the soccer field and putting an AK47 round through their skull upsets me.

Seeing those American soldiers raping the prisoners upsets me.

Seeing little children blown into pieces by cluster bombs upsets me.

It doesn't make anything right though does it.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
US soldiers need to realize that surrender is no longer an option. We are not fighting people who abide by the Geneva Convention,

So the U.S. is abiding by the geneva convention?

wow, what a load of hypocrisy!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I'm sorry but there's just too too many false flag operations.
Credibility is on neither side right now.
There's absolutely none whatsoever.

Plus taliban receives way too much arms from U.S.
Al-qaida uses NATO guns

come on people, connect the dots!

People in this thread speak of torture and these terroists doing this and that.

Listen, they went to Iraq and and afghanistan and tortured it's citizens
Even if this story is true, which I doubt, these soldiers are not in THEIR country.

What do you think would happen if afghanis invaded the U.S.?

Every american's sentiment would be kill them kill them kill them
But when they think like this we call them terroists.

What a double standard.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
I really hope this soldier comes out alive but i'm afraid it won't happen like that

To the terrorist apologists here; how many people captured by Americans have been released alive vs. the ones captured by 'insurgents' or the Taliban?

I'm sorry but I just cannot fathom people making excuses for a bunch of 12th century barbarians that seem to only know murder and torture. I don't know about anyone else here but seeing that old video of the Taliban taking those women out to the soccer field and putting an AK47 round through their skull upsets me.

Exactly, this is the hate America first crowd. America is not perfect but there's people with evil intentions out there.

These people wish to control how you pray, how you dress and how you wish to worship. They don't like freedom and liberty because that means giving up control over people's lives.

The hate America first crowd is blinded by ideology and this is why these people get stronger and stronger until it takes a World War to stop them. They will always appease evil because for some strange reason they think that they are the cause of all evil in the world.

Liberalism is a massive guilt trip and it can be dangerous because by the time we have to face the evil that they are blaming us for, a World War is needed to stop them.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Matrix Rising]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Oh grow up...

People don't HATE America. People just don't like fat-mouthed, ignorant, rude people coming over and stomping on everything they hold dear.

Who do you think you are? The world police?

Are people not entitled to an opinion for god sake?

Or is it because it clashes with your own diluted ideology, that you find it so easy to lump people into the 'anti-american' crowd.

Please, your rantings remind me of a child who has finally been punched in the face after bullying another child for too long.

'But teacher..... he hates me... boohoo'

[edit on 2-7-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Oh their dammed if they do and thier dammed if they dont, if anything goes wrong in the world everyone looks to the USA, and dont say thats crap, because it is not.

When anything goes wrong as a result, they are blamed for it. Everyone holds up the big signs which says IT IS AMERICAS FAULT.

Maybe the USA should just tell everyone where to go. Anything else goes wrong over this side of the pond. The American Gov turns ans says deal with it yourselves. Nothing to dowith us. Oh I can see everyone shouting them down for that also (Sarcasm).

Both sides are as bad as each other.

Attacking someone in here for expressing an opinion makes you look the bigger fool.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by mr-lizard

Oh their dammed if they do and thier dammed if they dont, if anything goes wrong in the world everyone looks to the USA, and dont say thats crap, because it is not.

When anything goes wrong as a result, they are blamed for it. Everyone holds up the big signs which says IT IS AMERICAS FAULT.

Maybe the USA should just tell everyone where to go. Anything else goes wrong over this side of the pond. The American Gov turns ans says deal with it yourselves. Nothing to dowith us. Oh I can see everyone shouting them down for that also (Sarcasm).

Both sides are as bad as each other.

Attacking someone in here for expressing an opinion makes you look the bigger fool.

Good points and yes there is the hate America first crowd.

America is the cause of the troubles in Palestine because of our support for Israel.

-They say nothing about the 55 billion Arafat recieved and he was sending his wife on shopping trips in France. It's America's fault not the people in charge in Palestine.

They say it's Americas fault that terrorist attack us because of Iraq and the liberal fantasy that we torture.

-They forget about Daniel Pearl, the first WTC, USS Cole, our Embassy in Africa and more.

They say American greed causes hunger in third world countries.

-The truth is many of these countries get Billions of dollars in Aid but the corrupt dictator takes the money and uses it to secure their power but to the hate America first crowd it's not the dictator's fault.

Like I said, Liberalism is one big dangerous guilt trip. When your a liberal or conservative ideologue that makes it worse because you can't see past your ideology. Bush and Obama are ideologues and we needed a pragmatist after Bush.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Guess we'll be seeing another beheading video before long.

For all those who complain about these so called 'terrorists' then i ask you a question, how would you react if your country was suddenly invaded?

I'm not supporting either action, i think war is wrong... but i can see from an Afghan point of view that a captured American solider would be like a golden egg.

Lets hope they don't make the mistake of accidentally letting an US soldier walk into the middle of the 'beheading' like they did with the Daniel Pearl video or actually doing it in Abu Grahib of all places... in a orange jump suit... Yeah.

How the heck did the soldier get captured? Was he on a lone wolf mission or did they kidnap him in Kandahar while he was shopping?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
US soldiers need to realize that surrender is no longer an option. We are not fighting people who abide by the Geneva Convention, they would be better off going down fighting the being tortured in some cave.

Sad to say, I agree, and if faced with the prospect, I think when fighting these animals, our soldiers should forget about surrendering, because the Islamic fundie terrorists have a pretty low track record of returning American captives alive and in one piece.

Better to go out fighting then get dragged tortured, and beheaded on videotape and have your execution broadcast on the net to hordes of cheering subhuman scumbags who get off on watching gruesome murder.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This stupid argument would not even be happening if we had been following the constitution for the last 96 years. History is important people. You're all wrong.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Since our government used TORTURE against them it's safe to say this soldier is SCREWED..!!

It's called KARMA, what goes around comes around.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Give me a break sunshine,your almighty god squad, gun polishing, arm chair arab haters get a whole lotta fun watching rag heads being blown apart with missiles!Ohh how your lot say Pawned and Owned as muslim blood is spread over the sands and joke about them not being manly enough to fire weapons

Your both as bad as each other

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be nice is the captors did something highly unusual?

For example, in light of all the media attention from practices that once engaged in wouldn't it be nice if the captors didn't torture this time around? Imagine if they feed those captured, gave them water and fresh clothes. Then after a few months they could show the soldiers on camera healthy and safe.

It would be a hit to the US image, but that is a hit that I would be willing to take for the safe return of the US/Iraqi soldiers who were captured.

I don't think this will be the case. I don't think there will be bibles, or cultural catered meals. No vacations where those captured will be able to swim. The fact of the matter is that in all those discussions about the US torturing everybody knows that there is no comparison to what the US did and how these animals act. We could debate and discuss all we want but it's apples and oranges.

Let them prove me wrong. Make the US take that hit. Anything else is just going to fuel the fire.

Typo fix

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Styki]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

So you don't think that Bomber Harris's strategic bombing campaign against German cities was justified to stop the Nazis in World War II then?

Several American soldiers were hung during that same war for committing rape, does that make the entire war unjust?

Your game of moral equivalency has been played by peaceniks and anti-establishment types throughout the ages. Only children buy into it.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Well... maybe we should bomb them into hell.

I do not agree with the war but I dont agree with our troops being abandoned and I dont think nobody high up will lose sleep over this.

I hope she makes it back home o.k.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

That's a faulty analogy
it's apples and oranges

if what the other poster is describing so much more commonplace in this war than what you are describing which wasn't commonplace in that war it's a completely irrelevant analogy.

better luck next time

[edit on 2-7-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Poor soldier, I bet they are really mad at him and he will get tortured. I guess I would be mad too if my country was invaded. I wonder who decides weather we name them insurgents or terrorists. I always thought they were just the resistance. I bet we can buy him back for half the cost it takes to send him there.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

So you don't think that Bomber Harris's strategic bombing campaign against German cities was justified to stop the Nazis in World War II then?

Several American soldiers were hung during that same war for committing rape, does that make the entire war unjust?

Your game of moral equivalency has been played by peaceniks and anti-establishment types throughout the ages. Only children buy into it.

I agree with all of your points. And i'm glad you agree it's the adults who are ruining the world for everyone.

Oh and i can only assume you're ignorant enough to believe that my morals are a game. Keep it up, you might just learn something.

Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well, I saw this coming.

A reason to stay in Afghanistan, it is too good a position to give up so easily.

I'd have to agree that this could be a 'false flag', no soldier, just an excuse to stay. That said, it could be just as easily be true and if it is I do feel so sorry for the person and their family.

I do not hate America, IMO, they are just as 'controlled' as the rest of us, they do not 'control', but there purpose, IMO, is the muscle, they take the heat, they take the attention, they take the blame.

Their foreign policy is disgusting, but it is no better than the rest us, IMHO.

Where all pointing fingers at each other, when really, we're just as bad as each other.

I think this is more than just Afghanistan, as I said, it is too good of a position to just give up. Ever since I read the thread on the SCO (Shanghai Co-operation Organisation), I have not been able to get it out of my head, why have we never heard about this?!? Seriously, China, Russia, Khazakstan, Tijikistan, Uzhbekistan, Kyrgyzstan these are all members, this doesn't include Iran, India, Pakistan, Mongolia as observers.

This organization is an equvalent to NATO for the East and let's say they are not too happy with NATO being on their doorstep.

Let's also not forget what NATO's original purpose was!

"to keep the Russians out, the Americans in, and the Germans down"

Source NATO: en.wikipedia.org...
Source SCO: en.wikipedia.org...

LMAO!!

EMM

Edit to add: Afghanistan isn't really a part of the SCO yet, but they have been in talks with the SCO over joining. Since 9/11, NATO has invaded 2 of the potential members to this organization, anyone see the pieces falling yet?

Edit again: Just found this on the NATO wiki page:

The combined military spending of all NATO members constitutes over 70% of the world's defence spending, with the United States alone accounting for about half the total military spending of the world and the United Kingdom, France, Germany, and Italy accounting for a further 15%.

That says to me that they are preparing for something, but ofc, I could be wrong.

Edit again! Lol, to add this:

On 30 May 1978, NATO countries officially defined two complementary aims of the Alliance, to maintain security and pursue détente. This was supposed to mean matching defences at the level rendered necessary by the Warsaw Pact's offensive capabilities without spurring a further arms race.

Again from the wiki page, so I guess this went out the window?

Lol, that page is full of goodies:

The scholar Stephen F. Cohen argued in 2005 that a commitment was given that NATO would never expand further east,[16] but according to Robert B. Zoellick, then a State Department official involved in the Two Plus Four negotiating process, this appears to be a misperception; no formal commitment of the sort was made.[17] On 7 May 2008, The Daily Telegraph held an interview with Gorbachev in which he repeated his view that such a commitment had been made. Gorbachev said "the Americans promised that NATO wouldn't move beyond the boundaries of Germany after the Cold War but now half of central and eastern Europe are members, so what happened to their promises? It shows they cannot be trusted."[18]

Curious!

[edit on 2-7-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

*chuckles*
If that was a valid argument this one would be too:

I offer you this choice: I give you 1.000.000 Dollars, and immediately kill you.
Or
I give you 50 dollars and let you live.
What do you chose?
the 50 dollars?

So you rather have 50 dollars than 1 million? good. Please contact me for the transaction details. i will give you your 50 dollars as soon as i recieve the 1.000.000.

Or could it be that the killing in the end part is rather significant?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join