It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Newsnight - 1st July 2009 - BBC fights back against Iranian Regime Propaganda!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The UK and US broadcast well over a dozen propaganda television satelite stations into IRan and IRaq - with many, many more radio stations.

The US government outsourced one of these to a company that simply put on English liverpool football games !

The UK are known as the masters of the dark arts for a reason, propganda in the west is occurs, only a fool would think otherwise, the issue is which is more successful ?

This is hard to answer - because so many westerners believe everything they are told blindly and without question means either the propganda is successful or they are so stupid they can not think for themselves - I think a mixture of both.....

The UK even had a ministry for propaganda - it is now called "The BBC"....

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Originally posted by john124

OK you may have your opinion that the govt. instructed the BBC to be especially harmful, but this is a flawed opinion as this harmed the entire govt. Many in the cabinet resigned and Brown was almost on the verge of having to resign fairly recently as a result of this MP's expenses scandal as a contributing factor.

I'm fairly sure if this story would force any of the major players from their jobs then this story would not have run. Brown, Mandy and Straw and all those sort of guys were totally untouched. Brown didn't even get attacked for paying for his Sky television as an expense because of the chav appeal of that. You couldn't get Brown out of that job even if you greased up his sides and used a crowbar. The suggestion that he would at any point resign in my opinion is just wishful thinking.

For the govt. to purposely harm parliament as a whole just to rid a few unwanted MP's would have been potentially suicidal, so I highly doubt that would ever happen.

Yes but you forgot my second point. I really should have listed it first because getting rid of euroskeptic mps is the more extreme and secondary tin hat theory anyway. I think the real reason was the reforms.

False flag operations I'm starting to wonder/realize. Aren't just military, but sometimes political.

/tin hat off

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas
The UK and US broadcast well over a dozen propaganda television satelite stations into IRan and IRaq - with many, many more radio stations.

The US government outsourced one of these to a company that simply put on English liverpool football games !

The UK are known as the masters of the dark arts for a reason, propganda in the west is occurs, only a fool would think otherwise, the issue is which is more successful ?

This is hard to answer - because so many westerners believe everything they are told blindly and without question means either the propganda is successful or they are so stupid they can not think for themselves - I think a mixture of both.....

The UK even had a ministry for propaganda - it is now called "The BBC"....

Can you actually provide an example that the BBC broadcasts propaganda to the same extent as presstv and Iranian state tv or are you so special that you don't have to provide any proof of your opinions?

My point is the BBC does not broadcast propaganda and lies to the same extent as presstv and Iranian state tv. I know all broadcasters use some form of mild propaganda, it's human nature to concentrate on one particular issue, but definitely is not human nature to lie about everything as presstv are doing about Iran.

That is the issue here, and you don't seem to have got to grips with it.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join