It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Newsnight - 1st July 2009 - BBC fights back against Iranian Regime Propaganda!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

BBC Newsnight - 1st July 2009 - BBC fights back against Iranian Regime Propaganda!

www.youtube.com

BBC Newsnight - 1st July 2009 - Iranian Presstv regime propaganda exposed to the Public!

The video speaks for itself..... just watch it..... and then laugh at the pathetic attempts by the Presstv spokesman to defend the awful & biased journalism of Presstv, which is funded entirely by the Iranian Islamic regime.

Presstv = regime propaganda + a complete joke and many laughs!!

Pure entertainment!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

For those of you who may still take Presstv seriously or just want to laugh at the regime propaganda machine... I recommend watching newsnight from 1st July 2009 on youtube link for the relevant part, or BBC Iplayer for entire episode (if you live in UK), or the newsnight website may also have the entire episode of this programme.

www.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

The last part of this edition has a presstv representative, and grilling at it's best by Paxman and some other guy who has done his homework.

A very big thumbs up to them for providing this amazing piece which shows the Islamic regime propaganda for what it is - lies and an utterly pathetic attempt to cover up the truth.

I thought the whole world, not just the UK should see this....

....and after the pathetic attempts by the regime to blame the UK & the BBC for their own problems, I definitely feel that putting the presstv spokesman and his regime propaganda in their place was completely justified.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I laughed at the part where the dude from press tv said, "THE BBC is funded by the british goverment", er HELLO, not it is not, it is funded by the british people who pay licence fee every year. Got his statement so wrong there lmao.

Very Interesting to see that this so called independat station is funded by the supreme leader of Iran hmmms, sinister to say the least. Knows for a fact they will not be close down. Can you just imagine the outcry if there were!!

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
I laughed t the part where the dude from press tv said, "THE BBC is funded by the british goverment", er HELLO, not it is not, it is funded by the british people who pay licence fee every year. Got his statement so wrong there lmao.

Yeah the old regime style tactics of change topic of conversation, say the same thing back (even though it's irrelevant or incorrect), or say you must have heard that as a rumour from a blog where someone is dissatisfied about presstv is getting old now, and doesn't fool anybody anymore.

Hmm maybe if someone wrote that on a blog what the presstv representative accused him of saying it would be an entirely true statement anyway.

I'm glad that the bbc has finally got to grips and realised that the regime use the same repeated lies over and over again, and with a little bit of preparation the bbc can make the regime propaganda appear completely transparent and pathetic.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

, I know, and he accused the other dude of lazy journalism, Anyone with intelligence knows the Tax payer pays for the BBC, although we might not like it, but we pay it. I think this dude from press tv had his backside handed to him on a plate. And yes I am watching 1st julys edition off news night now. And Yes Jerry Paxman can be so annoying at times. Is why I rarely watch newsnight incase he is presenting it

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that. It has always amazed me that so many posters here attempt to portray PressTV as a legitimate news source. Although, I believe, pretty much without exception, those same posters are anti-Israel so it makes sense they would be attracted to an Iranian funded propaganda machine.

It's odd because, if Israel is as evil as some want you to believe, there would be no reason to resort to regurgitating propaganda to prove it. Right?

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Night Watchman]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Thanks for posting that. It has always amazed me that so many posters here attempt to portray PressTV as a legitimate news source. Although, I believe, pretty much without exception, those same posters are anti-Israel so it makes sense they would be attracted to an Iranian funded propaganda machine.

It's odd because, if Israel is as evil as some want you to believe, there would be no reason to resort to regurgitating propaganda to prove it. Right?

I'm sure the anti-Israel crowd will show up with some bull# of their own to add to the regime's. It's funny how they will be unable to find any untrue or inaccurate comment made by Martin Bright or Jeremy Paxman.

It's clear as day when someone presents the full facts to the presstv guy that the regime news station talks absolute nonsense. And they didn't even have to mention the false confessions obtained by torture, or the accussations that presstv made that a bbc correspondant paid for neda to be assassinated.

But this is not bbc vs presstv... now this is presstv vs the free press. And nobody can ever take presstv seriously again, and they'll end up left to rot in their own absurdity.

Two weeks ago they had this presstv guy on and paxman didn't have any facts in front of him to quote or have anyone to provide a reasonable counterargument, which led me to email the bbc that they need someone to come in and put presstv in their place. Gladly it seems that the bbc listened and have done just that.

I give my congratulations to the bbc, up until now I was saying that the bbc fell for the regime propaganda. And it ended up being so easy for the bbc to show how uneducated, stupid and far from reality that they are.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
They are all liars. The BBC didn't even cover the Gaza invasion by Israel correctly because Israel controls them.

Fox, CNN, BBC, PressTV, MSNBC, etc = ALL propaganda

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
They are all liars. The BBC didn't even cover the Gaza invasion by Israel correctly because Israel controls them.

How did the BBC inaccurately cover the Gaza conflict? Can you provide instances in which they demonstrably skewed facts?

Also, what proof have you to back up claims that the BBC "controls," the BBC?

These are serious charges and I'm curious as to what supporting evidence you have to support them.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The sad part is that the BBC has become such a parody of itself since 2002, notably the nauseating "sexing" scandal, that both sides are mirroring each other. I dislike the current Iranian president but I almost believe this whole scenario was a work.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
The sad part is that the BBC has become such a parody of itself since 2002, notably the nauseating "sexing" scandal, that both sides are mirroring each other. I dislike the current Iranian president but I almost believe this whole scenario was a work.

I think the presstv propaganda for the regime speaks for itself. And if you can't see that then you must be blind.

The only sad part is that it took the bbc almost 3 weeks to do this easy questionning of presstv to make them look the idiots and fools that they are. And that a lot of the public needed this to happen for them to wake up about this regime. And sadder that some will still just not listen to this on newsnight, which agrees with I've been saying all along on ats.

For a start it's the supreme leader that is the main problem, and some of the iranian clerics have openly said that protestors should be executed. The state tv never reports facts of protests, but instead parades arrested protestors who make false confessions after tortures, and in many cases these have been students.

Anyway I don't know what issue you're referring to specifically with the sexing scandal, but it doesn't change the facts given by this newnsnight programme.

And IMO presstv would report the sky was green if the supreme leader told them to.

And a representative of one man's delusional views is not news, it's extreme propaganda, and is named under the illusion of a realistic news station.

And just about what will convince you that this problem has been created internally within Iran due to severe oppression of the Iranian people by the islamic regime. All the evidence says this, no evidence says otherwise, and we have evidence of clueless deluded presstv reporters and representatives.

What more evidence do you need? Or have you made your mind up before looking at any evidence, and so you just ignore all evidence contradicting your views, and then scrounge for the slightest bits of news that has been twisted into some false form of evidence.

Anyway all the bbc did here was point out how ridiculous, incompotent liars that presstv are, and how they propagate regime propaganda. All done using simple "facts".

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321

Presstv propaganda is on another level to any other news stations/websites. It's closer to nazi propaganda as they blame jews for almost everything. In fact they blame everyone including the British and Americans before even considering looking at themselves in the mirror and realising that they are the one's causing all their own problems.

You buy into islamic propaganda because it agrees with your conspiracy theory. This one most likely being started by islamics talking of zionists taking over the world. If this was true, wouldn't you think presstv would be providing much more than accusations... you know!.... something called evidence!

And if Israel are the evil zionists as you and the regime claim, then why would the regime have to make up stuff about evil israel, as without evidence it's obviously fraudelent claims much like the quran making basless accusations towards jews and other non-believers.

And don't start with the gazan civilians getting bombed by israel argument, as hamas funded by iran hid rockets in the basements of peoples houses, in mosques, shops etc. Blame the hamas militias and the iranian regime for being so cowardly as to involve civilians (especially women and children) on the front line by doing this. I know gaza is small but hamas did not have to hide their rockets cowardly next to civilians. Just like the islamic regime cowardly attacking unarmed women in iran, hamas are too cowardly to fight israel directly, and instead hide behind women and children. And yes the taliban do this in afghanistan as well. All these low-lifes do!

On the other hand we don't have to make up stuff about the Islamic regime, we can see exactly what atrocities they afflict on their own people which might I add have been reported to be happening for over 30 years. More recently it has become so brutal we have something like at least 20 murders of Iranian's on youtube.

If only a couple % of these get uploaded then we can assume that the death toll is nearer the 1000 mark. And many thousands arrested with the fate of these yet unknown.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I laughed at the part where the dude from press tv said, "THE BBC is funded by the british goverment", er HELLO, not it is not, it is funded by the british people who pay licence fee every year. Got his statement so wrong there lmao.

If he's talking about any part of the BBC world service - for example, what I see here in Japan, or what you'd see in Iran, or anywhere else in the world outside of the UK, then he's absolutely right.

While BBC World Service is publicly funded by the UK government through Parliamentary Grant-in-Aid, it is not subsidised by the Licence Fee. The Parliamentary Grant-in-Aid is administered by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). The FCO is involved in the process of deciding which languages are broadcast, but editorial control of the programmes rests entirely with the BBC.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

If he's talking about any part of the BBC world service - for example, what I see here in Japan, or what you'd see in Iran, or anywhere else in the world outside of the UK, then he's absolutely right.

While BBC World Service is publicly funded by the UK government through Parliamentary Grant-in-Aid, it is not subsidised by the Licence Fee. The Parliamentary Grant-in-Aid is administered by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). The FCO is involved in the process of deciding which languages are broadcast, but editorial control of the programmes rests entirely with the BBC.

www.bbc.co.uk...

OK but his point is still moot as the british government do not propagate propaganda and lies on their world news service. Which was the correct accusation of the regime propagating lies on presstv.

Anyway the presstv representative cannot provide a meaningful argument as he knows he's talking bull#.

BBC persia had iranians phoning in to talk about how the election was stolen which were cut off by the regime, and they showed videos of protest marches. The regime also tried to block the satellite signal of bbc persia.

The regime state tv ignores all this, and the regime spread lies instead including false confessions obtained thru' torture, and even blatently ignoring that protests are taking place.

Anyway since the british govt. don't operate using the same dodgy tactics as the iranian regime, it's an irrelevant point that the bbc world is funded by the govt.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The BBC is one of the most objective and accurate news organizations in the world. If it were not, there are so many competing news outlets in the west its inaccuracies and biases would be made quickly evident.

Iranian tv, by contrast, has few competitors within Iran and virtually no curbs on the propaganda it can broadcast without penalty.

PressTV is just not in the same league as the BBC. It is good to see the BBC taking down the opposition so deftly.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

How is it different when Uk government collects money from citizens and then pays for BBC and when Iranian supreme leader collects money from his followers and then pays for presstv? I don't see any difference.
Bobbylove was right, all news channels are propaganda. Western ones are pure crap too

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by Laurauk

How is it different when Uk government collects money from citizens and then pays for BBC and when Iranian supreme leader collects money from his followers and then pays for presstv? I don't see any difference.
Bobbylove was right, all news channels are propaganda. Western ones are pure crap too

Because the BBC don't report propaganda. (if anyone disagrees please provide some evidence of this... and I mean "real" evidence like what was shown on newsnight about presstv, not some half-ar*ed attempt or silly claim).

It's not really the funding that's the issue, it's the behaviour of the Iranian government compared to the British government. And when the regime controls the media so tightly as to prevent rival stations broadcasting an alternate version of the news, and only allows it's state news to broadcast propaganda, then the funder of the station becomes the issue, i.e. in Iran.

The Press TV spokesperson is changing the topic of conversation as he can't answer the question without implying something which is completely incorrect.

Not one of your comments proved that the BBC report propaganda. State funding alone does not prove this, but with evidence of propaganda propagation in Iran which we do see, then the whole idea of state funding becomes more relevant.

This newsnight video proves that Press TV does report propaganda! Is this too difficult for you to understand? Do you not know what propaganda is?!

Actually the term "state controlled" rather than "state funded" applies for the regime, because nothing is reported without their consent. The British government didn't tell the BBC not to report MP's expenses... would they not have done this if they controlled the media?

In Iran this media controlling is difficult for westerners to understand as it's so biased you can only compare it to Nazi propaganda against Jews, as it really is just as extreme.

If you really think western media is crap then you just haven't given much thought as to how crap really biased media can be. Imagine every news story a complete lie and shambles, and I don't just mean your opinions that your government is covering something up in a conspiracy theory which you cannot prove... I mean hard facts being covered up so badly that anyone can see through them. An example in Iran is that state tv reported no protests on certain days, yet many Iranians said protests numbered in the millions, with videos even provided to back this up, and protests even outside the state tv station in Tehran!

Anyway is that case closed?! Or do you take joy in making silly uneducated comments made on vast assumptions about a news station you cannot be bothered to research, fueled by your obvious hatred towards western news media? Alternatively provide some evidence to back up your claims that there's no difference!!

[edit on 2-7-2009 by john124]

[edit on 2-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
BBC is funded by the government ofcoarse tax payers pay for it but government money is taxpayers money isn't it. As with anything else government funded. The government still controlles how much funding the bbc gets.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by scoopyjon
BBC is funded by the government ofcoarse tax payers pay for it but government money is taxpayers money isn't it. As with anything else government funded. The government still controlles how much funding the bbc gets.

Anyway yes that is true but irrelevant. The press tv representative made this statement to deter people away from main issues about press tv extreme biased reporting that is so biased it reports complete and utter lies & bull#.

Government funding does not automatically make a news media a propaganda machine. It's the attitudes of the government's who choose to use propaganda as a tool that make this happen.

Presstv report utter nonsense which is blatent propaganda because the regime wants to try and fool the world as they have done for 30 years. Are you going to let them fool you as well, or are you going to take a look at the garbage they write and see them for what they are?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

I'd rather watch Press TV, BBC, CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc., see what they have to say, then do my own research and come to a conclusion. Nobody should just blindly follow any one source of news and be against everything else. Think for yourself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join