It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If everyone in america worked for free for one days and gave that it to the government would it help

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

The poor will incur most of the costs when buy necessities.

Everyone, regardless of income, will bear the same burden when they buy necessities.

When I buy my new Bimmer every few years, I will incur a cost that the poor does not. Flat tax or not they would probably not be getting a new BMW, and by reason of common sense would not have that cost. When I buy anything that I am able to buy that others do not, I will be the one who pay more tax.

The poor. who do not spend much money, will not incur most of the cost as you stated. Those of us who buy more than necessities will be hit with a larger tax than those who do not.

The more you spend the more you pay under this type of tax scheme.

Edit to add: With the way that the tax system is set up and the way I do things, I may pay less tax than people who purchase 1/4 of the things that I purchase.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think its a good idea, but how much should we tax imports? I think home-made goods should cost less than imports, maybe make it something high. A 20% tax maybe? higher? Employment would come scurrying back to America, wouldn't it?

I don't know how it would be passed though. Most every congressman is connected to big business in some way or another. They don't WANT outsourcing to stop, they are making huge profits off of it. So to do this, we would have to do away with congress.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join