It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

construction worker dangling from a crane plucks woman trapped in swirling river to safety

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

construction worker dangling from a crane plucks woman trapped in swirling river to safety

www.dailym ail.co.uk

A construction worker dangles from a crane, his arm stretched out to reach a terrified woman trapped in swirling water at the base of a dam.
These astonishing images show the dramatic rescue of the woman after her boat overturned near the dam on the Des Moines River in Iowa.
She was pulled to safety by the quick-thinking construction crew - but her husband, who was with her in the boat when it overturned yesterday, tragically drowned.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
WOW

This story actually gave me goosebumps, particularly the set of pics of the event.

This guy is a damn hero-period. One of those acts of heroism that reminds me of the goodness still left within our species.

Sad that the woman's husband died, but she was fortunate to have had this gentleman in the vicinity to save her life.

Incredible.

www.dailym ail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
That is something. I would never be able to do something like that. Even if I was able to get over my fear of heights, there is no way I would be able to dangle over a raging river. Imagine how he could probably feel the crane swaying back and forth as the wind would blow.

Ugh.

He, as you've said, is a true hero.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Things like this, in the times we are living in, give me hope that better days are to come. The man, and the crane operators did not think of themselves, but rather sprung into action to save a life. Job well done, where is his medal?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
A real hero. Nice to know there are a few left.

Sad about her husband though.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
A hero.

Glad to see such positive selfless action are still alive and well.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well done, sir! Well done!

Thanks for the uplifting news DD!

top topics

join