It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are lucid dreams and OBE/ astral projections real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Are the events that happen in a lucid dream real or do they only happen in your mind? What about OBE/ astral projection?

If dreams are astral projections, what does that make lucid dreams?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think when you have one, and experience it for yourself, only then can you truly say if the feelings are real or not.

Jacob

[edit on 1/7/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
all sign point to no for me.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

Could you give us more information on how you come to your conclusion?

Is your "No" answer based on personal experience of the phenomena? If so, was it naturally occuring, or did you purpously induce the lucid dream or astral states? If yes, then how many times have you experienced them?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I can only speak about luci dreams.... Yes they are JUST dreams, but very, very amazing ones.

It's the link between the consciousness and the dreaming.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

well the biggest indication to me is that this type of thing doesnt stand up well to investigation.

then theres always this:
www.randi.org...

its a million dollars awarded to anyone that, under observation thats mutually agreed upon, can present evidence for the paranormal.

as far as i know, no one has ever made it past a preliminary investigation of their powers. im thinking someone with a real ability would go forth to claim the cash.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I had a crazy dream last night.

I think that lucid dreams seem real, not sure about really real. I have done this only a few times.

Just to make sure. Lucid dreams are concious dreams, like you know you are asleep but wont awake to life, and astral projections are dream like states where you are asleep but your mind/soul is out in the real world flying around, correct?

Astral projection has been something I've always wanted to do, but couldn't.
Not so sure that you are really flying around and seeing stuff though, mainly because I don't want to be left out on the fun

My dream was there is this super tiny volcano. 5 - 6 feet tall maybe. It was covered in blueberry, strawberry, and blackberry bushes. So many that I could barely see it, except for the opening. No smoke or anything came out of it, and I could see little chunks of lava fly out of it every now and then. None of the pieces hit me, but I was always worried that they would. The pieces would hit the ground every now and then, but nothing really to worry about.

I couldn't get enough of the fruit, and just kept eating and eating it. The more I found the more I ate. Towards the end of the dream I was literally grabbing branches off it and shoving the fruit in my mouth. It was so delicious.

At the end of the dream, couldn't have been more than 5 - 10minutes of this feast, and I tossed one of the branches in the volcano and it caught fire, and a rumble started. I though for sure that it would blow, BUT...

... I woke up. Doesn't that suck?

I still wonder if it was going to blow, but who knows. If it hadn't, would I continue to eat till i died? or Did it blow to teach me a lesson on being greedy? Maybe it was there to show me that greed doesn't exist, and I can do what I want. anyone else like to entertain?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

maybe they wouldn't out of fear of being a lab-rat.

Sometimes, things don't work out like you want them, when it's time to show somebody proof.

like, "My computer is doing something funny.... Wait why won't it do it now???"

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have had 3 lucid dreams so they are real, its quite hard to learn your mind to determine real from dream, but after your first one i had an amazing sense of acheivment.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks

Sometimes, things don't work out like you want them, when it's time to show somebody proof.

Good answer. These experiences are so personal, some would even say religious. Why would anyone prostitute themself for money over anything connected with their higher self. Not everyone wants to be a performing monkey.

Anyway, just because you have these experiences, doesn't follow that you are in concious control of turning them on and off at will.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Thank you for your reply.

Believe me, I get how difficult it must be to comprehend something like this when you haven't had a direct experience. It's hard to get to grips with even when you have these experiences.

Hopefully you too will have some wonderful AP experiences which leave you in no doubt. Like bringing back precog info as confirmation.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
A Lucid dream is when you gain control of a dream by knowing it is a dream... hey, that sounds like the twilight zone I've been living in ever since I found out what's really going on, ha ha, - I mean, that sounds like this world we live in, where we could be free & gain control by becoming aware of what is really going on.

An OBE (out of body exsperience) & astral projection are different and has been documented to be a real phenomenon because some people have preported seeing the person who has projected, and most importantly, the person who has temporaily had their spirit leave their body can see objects in a distant room, and have reported what those objects are. I don't recall the full details on these cases, but I'm sure others can post that info.

Like the person said above, all dreams seem real, but an OBE is VERY different.

Ask yourself ' Am I dreaming every hour, and find yourself saying " Is this a dream " in your actual dream, and you shall say " why yes" it is, and TAKE CONTROL!

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Time=Now]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Lucid dreams are real. Real, though, as in they're dreams. They only happen inside your head.

OBEs and APs seem to me to be nothing more than misunderstood lucid dreams. I'd love if someone could prove me wrong, though.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
There are theories that suggest that some OOBES, re-occurring dreams & some lucid dreams are connected to past lives and other such phenomena. Personally, I do subscribe to those theories but that's just me and my wild experiences.

The one definite thing is that with these events we are tapping into something unknown. Whether it be buried memories of the unconcious, a visit to the universal mind or astral travel, well that's for you to decide. It can very well be different for each individual. You have to go with whatever feelings manifest inside of you with each occurrence.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya27

Originally posted by mahtoosacks

Good answer. These experiences are so personal, some would even say religious. Why would anyone prostitute themself for money over anything connected with their higher self. Not everyone wants to be a performing monkey.

Anyway, just because you have these experiences, doesn't follow that you are in concious control of turning them on and off at will.

how would it be prostituting themselves? they would finally prove that its real and they arent crazy. the money is just a bonus. they can do whatever they want with it. donate it to make an X-men type school where people can hone their powers. i think the real prize would be finally being able to prove indefinitely that there is more out there than just basic life. who wouldnt want to expand everyone's understanding of the universe? it would open so many doors for mankind.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Lucid dreaming is definately real, But everytime I become lucid while dreaming I always wake up, but I know a bunch of people who can control their dreams and do whatever they want lucid.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mjl_says

As far as NDEs, OOBs, Astral Projections are concerned, my own experiences leave me without a shadow of doubt that they are real.
However it probably is not possible to prove, quite simply, if you have othis experience, you will know that the realm you have just visited is a greater reality than this one here.
Bear in mind that we are Spiritiual Beings, having a Human experience, and not merely Humans, having an occasional Spiritual Experience.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Well maybe because everyone is on their own personal journey, and some people's journey is to remain dislocated. Not fully integrated human beings.

Also, I'm sure there would be a possibility of exploitation by certain groups of any information gained.

I am sure that there lots of people who just never mention their experiences/abilities except to close family and perhaps a close friend.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Reality is a continuous lucid dream without plot gaps. Imagine how crazy it would be if someone had a consistent lucid dream life they go to everytime they went to sleep. Every dream would start by them "waking up" and then going about their day. Whenever they went to sleep, they'd wake up in the real world. Going through that would either cause someone to lose their mind or have a great understanding of things especially once they couldn't tell the difference anymore.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Heres what I think is important to know. Without this concept we find many things in the world impossible to explain. It is integral to everything.

Mind=Matter, Matter=Mind. The dreamworld is actually more real than ours. It is in the lower astral planes. In effect our waking reality is more artificial than the astral planes (this is the Maya of the ancient religions) and more a construct of life events than the raw emotions and powers of the astral.

Maybe we should see it like this, when we die, we go to the astral plane. The astral plane is always there, when this timeline ends and all our past and current lives are erased the astral will still be there. That is why its real and our waking reality is not.

Why should we assume this is the case?

Well from cave paintings 45,000 years old to alien abduction stories today, nearly all documented altered states of consciousness report to same things consistently over and over again by thousands of very differant people, there is a world separate from ours that is occupied by sentient beings. Not only that, but the other world seems to change consistenly to like it has itsown (admittedly verydifferant) timeline.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join