It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ethiopian church speaks out on Ark of the Covenant - Statement says Ten Commandments box won

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Ethiopian church speaks out on Ark of the Covenant - Statement says Ten Commandments box won

worldnetdaily.com

The webmaster earlier told WND that members of the clergy and indeed, members of the church, would never allow the Ark to be taken from their custody in order to be made public.

"An (artifact) should not be shown or touched other than the clergies but to put it on display is a reckless comment let alone doing it," the statement said. "Not only the local clergies but the people of Ethiopia won't allow it and it is not going to happen."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Ark of the Covenant' about to be unveiled?
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Apparently, we're not going to see the Ark of the Covenant. They need some sort of approval from the Ethiopian Orthodox Church Supreme Court. The world waited, watched, and wondered, all for nothing. Do they have it, or not? If they do, we probably won't see it in our time. Oh well. We don't need it anyway. We've lived without it for over 2,000 years.

worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
They don't have it, and their utter reluctance to show people proves it.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Look at me , look at me , I have the Ark of the Covenant in my garage under a holy tarpaulin, underneath the lord's OWN toolbox, but I'm not going to show it to anyone because it is terrible to behold and the lord would truly smite those that dare to glimpse at its glory.

I can offer a glimpse to those clergy who I deem worthy to pay me for the experience , but if the good lord does not want them to layeth they're eyes upon its majesty then they will not see it, but lo, it verily is there for to be seen by the righteous.

Sorry no refunds.

[edit on 1/7/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
wow what a complete and total shock! who wouldve guessed they would back out?

i for one surely didnt see that happening.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
So it looks like the man's decision got vetoed.

Regardless of what happened, I find it incredibly interesting that the top religious Catholic man in Ethiopia made that bold of a claim, and I'm not sure he would go out and say that unless he at least had plans to reveal it.

At the very least, I 100% believe that the Ethiopians believe 100% that they have the Arc and have seen the Arc.

As far as what I believe, I think their claim is just as legit as any other legit claim; and personally, the Arc of the Covenant has absolutely nothing to do with my spirituality or relationship with God, so I kind of don't care regardless other than the sense that it is an object that I believe was made by whatever man called God and it would be amazing to see (or maybe not I like my face non-melted), but I see God's creations all around me every day, so meh.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Either they don't have it... or if they do, people will plainly see the embellishments of the bible. My bet is that it would look nothing like scripture suggests. It's probably completely underwhelming/unremarkable... therefore it's best left in all its glory as a faith issue.

IRM

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

I want to see! I want to see!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
and so the people of the valley, sent a message up the hill.
asking for the sacred arc, a box of gold for which they'd kill.
so came the answer, from the mountain w/ our brothers we will share.
all the secrets of our mountain, but the arc it must stay there

now the valley filled w/ anger, mount your horses draw your swords
and they killed the mountain people, so they won thier just rewards
before the arc they stood in glory, on the mountain dark and red
broke the seal and looked w/ in it,

peace on earth was all it said

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
If they unveil it, all our faces would melt...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by milesp

no only the nazis would. mayb they shouldve unveiled it during WWII.

but i guess the church would have had to oppose the nazis instead of being ok with them.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I am shocked to my core, I was under the impression that it would be revealed and the world would change in a heart beat. Between this and no sign of batboy WWN has just lost a reader

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

I might as well jump on the religeous bandwagon the Ethiopians have started...

Sure come on over to the UK, you'll have to pay for your own transportation and hotel room.

The price for viewing is $999.99 inc Taxes and interest rated at 30.9% apr ( chargable at an hourly rate) Total amount payable is around $14000 plus 'expenses' and admin fees payable in advance ( I take paypal)

But if the good Lord doesn't want your personage (should it be tainted by sin) near the illustrious box of commandments then it shall not appear to you, it has happened before , One person didn't see it at all even as I was pointing to it, all he claimed to see was the Godly toolbox ( he tried to sue me for nondisclosure of the Ark but please read the contractual smallprint when you get here~), and one person melted into a biological mass which was very unpleasent to clean up, I had to charge his grieving family $5000 just for cleaning bills and resurfacing my garage floor...

[edit on 1/7/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Well, I'm British and in the UK, so I'll give you a tenner if you throw in a four-pack of Carling.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
reply to post by milesp

no only the nazis would. mayb they shouldve unveiled it during WWII.

but i guess the church would have had to oppose the nazis instead of being ok with them.

The Church was never okay with the Nazis. They just happened to be in the middle of Mussolini's territory, so they couldn't really speak out on the issues without the Nazis blowing up the Vatican, taking over the Church, and committing even worse attrocities.

See this link:
users.binary.net...

The Israeli consul, Pinchas E. Lapide, in his book, Three Popes and the Jews (New York: Hawthorn Books, Inc., 1967) critically examines Pope Pius XII. According to his research, the Catholic Church under Pius XII was instrumental in saving 860,000 Jews from Nazi death camps (p. 214). Could Pius have saved more lives by speaking out more forcefully? According to Lapide, the concentration camp prisoners did not want Pius to speak out openly (p. 247). As one jurist from the Nuremberg Trials said on WNBC in New York (Feb. 28, 1964), "Any words of Pius XII, directed against a madman like Hitler, would have brought on an even worse catastrophe... [and] accelerated the massacre of Jews and priests."

[edit on 1-7-2009 by MoonChild02]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
With all the religious zealots in the world it would have been stolen if it was actually in Ethiopia.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
First they tell the world they have the ark and it will be revealed. Then they get togeather and have a meeting. Come back out and say. Sorry folks but were going to keep it under lock and key cause its ours. Your not HOLY enough to see or touch it. You would be consumed.
One more big lie in a string of lies.
I say throw em to the lions, all of them.
::shakes head:: pathetic...wastes of skin.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It's nothing more then hype, lets go see some artwork with ficionary mystical powers!!11...

But seriously thou, they would have got rid of the real thing years ago even if it were "real"(real one with mystical powers that grants your wish and brings dooom and GLOOOOM)"

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
That would really suck to find out a religious group just told a global lie. Bearing false witness... the ninth commandment.

If we lived in the twilight zone (i think we do), and the ARK actually has "powerful properties", I would think the ARK is probably just a specially designed super conductor that could solve every energy crisis on Earth, but is being hidden (kept safe), because of religious beliefs about it.

When they said "the design came from God" the translation probably means "the design came from studying Nature", and just happend to be the exact dimensions and geometry needed to create a perpetual super conductor that captures and utilizes the energy naturally flowing from the Sun, and around the Earth. The "power" from it could easly be called "the power of God", because lets face it, God is all powerful, and most believe that God is all energy that exists.

I know one thing is for sure, the quote "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutly" is not true in all cases. Especially with men and woman who believe in God.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Another Ark thread ???? after the ark was supposed to be unveiled like two times ???
Are you guys this desperate to beleive this %%% .
The last thread had an article posted from the same website .... scroll to the bottom to see the " additional offers " .....

THIS WEBSITE IS TRYING TO SELL BOOKS AND DVD'S ..... its all crap, ... all of it !! .....

and seeing as this is the third or fourth thread linking back to it ..... I wouldnt be surprised if the person posting this thread is working for the site.

..... and if your not ?? .... whats the quote, " Theres a sucker born every minute"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join