It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan's Gun Market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hi folks,

First let me say that I know nothing of guns, but I was watching this video and thought that maybe it would be interesting for some of the folks in this forum. My apologies if this is old hat, I just don't have a frame of reference to know that.

The guy hosting the documentary is a bit of a dork but I found at least one of his statements interesting. Namely, and I am paraphrasing here, that a culture that knows how to make its own weapons and munitions, and survive in harsh terrain, can be all but impossible to conquer.

Anyhoot, here's the vid:

Feel free to add any related 'illegal gun market' videos.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

(2007)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

cool video though

less than $100 for an AK-47 wow, now that is a deal

[edit on 30-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
*seizures*

i want to live there

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
while these guns are counterfeit copies, they do work. They are making fully auto weapons that really fire bullets. To me, even though they are putting out junk, they are true craftsman. Imagine what these guys could do with the right tools and space. They could be the next Browning or Colt. I saw this video a while back and it still amazes me.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Agreed, I've seen ones where the guy talks about how they picked up the guns from battlefields then started making copies.

That takes massive skill.

What else could they build if they weren't constantly at war having to make weapons?!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Damn man lil kids packaging bullets and deaf people makin 9mm's you can definately pick up some firepower in Pakistan it'll be a nightmare if we wind up invading there. Great vid by the way

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

If these people are making guns from scratch, I doubt the people we saw in their huts are making the gun. They're probably in charge or near-end process. Because none of the equipment used for making guns from scratch could be seen.

But I don't doubt they are making the guns from scratch. It would be interesting to see the whole process of them making an AK-47.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by guppy

If these people are making guns from scratch, I doubt the people we saw in their huts are making the gun. They're probably in charge or near-end process. Because none of the equipment used for making guns from scratch could be seen.

But I don't doubt they are making the guns from scratch. It would be interesting to see the whole process of them making an AK-47.

Yeah, they make 'em from scratch. That was Darra (Darra Adam Khel) in Pakistan's NW Frontier, just across the border from Afghanistan. Most of the work is done with hand tools (think files and vises), and a lot of the products are not noted for safety. It's not unknown for them to blow up on the operator. Nearly the entire town is engaged in gun trade and manufacture.

What I'm wondering is where the reporter got the notion that this was "the world's largest illegal arms bazaar". Who told him it was illegal there?

new topics

top topics

join