It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New group of sunspots form a straight line

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I just found this image on the SOHO website from June 26 (it evidently occurred on June 23). It appears as though a set of 4 sunspots have formed on the surface of the Sun in near perfect alignment.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d1c1755802a.jpg[/atsimg]

A group of sunspots have formed themselves into a straight line (June 23, 2009), a kind of alignment rarely seen. We have not even seen many sunspots lately at all, let alone in a fairly straight line. Scientists with SOHO agree that it is unusual for sunspots to be grouped like this. Their magnetic orientation shows that they belong to spots of the new 24th solar cycle.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

So not only has the Sun been behaving extremely strangely with almost no sunspots & likewise little sun activity, now a group of sunspots appear and form a straight line.

I honestly would have thought a linear organization of spots would have been impossible, but there they are.

Larger Image

[edit on 30/6/09 by Evasius]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
this is what i call a stunning photo

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
How long before they shoot off and affect us? It also reminds me of the recent crop circle picture with the alien looking writings...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It looks like someone took a cosmic sized staple gun and pricked the sun with it. Poor sun.

On an tangential note: Aren't each of those sunspots, by themselves, bigger than the entire planet earth? It's stunning how large stars are.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I don't think anything will be launched in our direction very soon, though some people think the Sun's expected to do something dire this July. I feel it's just too soon for activity to reach those levels yet...next year, maybe.

I've also been watching the latest crop circles this year, some of the patterns have been jaw-dropping. I'll keep a look-out for a correlation between sunspot patterns and crop circles now.

Perhaps this anomaly was formed to get our attention - it's an odd idea, but maybe the Sun will start talking to us in code, and this was a prelude...wouldn't that be cool.

[edit on 30/6/09 by Evasius]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Those are probably not bigger, but likely about the same size as Earth - the average sunspots are Earth-size but some have been up to 20 times as large as our planet.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Talk about the living universe! Well Evasius how long does a sunspot usually sit there until it blows off? You said perhaps next year?

Seems like after all of the talk about this being one of those years that we see no action, it is like the weather has just become flat out unpredictable.

I have said I did not think that we would see no action from this SS24, and wondered if it is building up pressure instead to blast out in record numbers.

I will bow out of this thread to listen to what the experts, or well informed members have to say about this strange linear pattern.

I just think that this is going to be the main reason for the push in windmill and solar power in the very near future.

Solar is the new gold.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It could just be a large coronal loop, lifting a smaller one along with it, causing this vertical apearence of spots. I doubt that it were four individual coronal ejections. Unique perhaps, but not strange.

I do think however, that the recent (sunspot) inactivity could well be the silence before a storm.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Hey, I wonder if it is going to have something to do with the crop circle prediction of a solar storm on July 7th?

Thread is here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Someone posted your thread so we could be aware of the sunspots.

Will they all of a sudden burst out etc? Interesting ...if the two are connected - sunspots and crop circle prediction.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Hm interesting.. I rememeber when i was 13/14 usig my medium telescope to monitor sunspots
this was 1988/89. Well, id ont think it means anyting tha will affect us... Its just a coincidence thats all. Sunspots are cooler ares on the surface of the sun, and HUGE fire trails called Prominencase are known to jump from one sunspot to another. Maybe the sun's magnetosphere caused them to coincidetnly align like that...thats all. For those would do or would like to observe what the sun is doing, ativity, yuode need an H alpha fitler, i beive it is, or a sepcial cover-lens that fits over the front of scope...so the mirrors dont magnify the radiation and ligth, burning your retinas out

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I posted a counter claim to the July 7 prediction here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Using the timewave software, I correlated the September 1, 1859 Solar 'Super Storm' to late July 2010 (around the 28th). Oddly enough, that date has most of the characteristics the 'Australian scientist' was basing his/her prediction on.

1859 event[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d718a22aa1e3.jpg[/atsimg]

1800's[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/58efda79a69c.jpg[/atsimg]

2010[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68be43dea5b6.jpg[/atsimg]

Lunar Perigees & Apogees[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27db51515b82.jpg[/atsimg] Chart Source

I honestly think it won't happen this year - the above timewave info points to around 13 months from now.

[edit on 1/7/09 by Evasius]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
What if these sunspots are the four horsemen? If one disappears and over time a second and so on and so on then this may actually be the last days. Please keep us updated as to the happenings of these 4 sunspots. THANK YOU

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Interesting find.

Flag.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Just in case anyone wants to know how to tell if a sunspot or CME will be geoeffective or not:

If a CME occurs near disk center [within some 30 degrees, it will hit the Earth]. And will have some effect, but for a really big effect, the magnetic field within the CME has to be directed to the South. That is much harder to gauge and I don't know of any reliable way of doing that. Energetic particles from flares are most likely to hit us if the flare happens on the Western hemisphere of the Sun, because they follow the magnetic field lines and those that connect with the Earth come from 45 degrees to the West of the disk center. - Show quoted text -

-Via email..

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Amazing, great work as always. This brings about some serious concerns though. Does the proximity of the sunspots directly correlate to where they will hit? What I mean is, when they do eventually hit, is it likely that they would hit one right after another, bombarding the same area of the magnetic field? That's a frightening prospect.........

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
seriously,kudos to all posters.i'll stick w/ my theory.men are idiots.mankind is no nearer true knowledge than the day the et's tweaked us.in any field.just when we think we know ANYTHING,we're proven wrong....just like global warming.it's all disinformation.my advice.stay near your loved ones,twist a fat one and enjoy the show.truth,love & joy,matt

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Does anybody have their position?
It would be interesting to know if they are at 19.5 degrees.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I dont know alot about the solar system but I find myself looking at the sky alot more since coming to ATS!!lol Its a scary thought that something that looks so innocent sitting there on the sun can cause so much havoc here!!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

No, they have to be close to the center and have the right polarity.
\

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

The fact that they're in a line is interesting, the fact they're alost equidistant apart is fascinating, I don't think nature works that way.

Hope someone with an insight to this will post something!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join