It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think are the most trustworthy government agencies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
And more importantly what do you deem as a trustworthy government agency? I am an anarchist. I am an anarchist because all of my philosophical ideals and my studies of government and all of my observations about government have lead me to see any kind of government as an evil. I know this is a conspiracy website- and- you may ask why am I to take the establishment's side? I am not. I never take their side. I just don't completely believe that our government (from a US perspective) is 100% evil. I believe government is a hindrance in as many ways possible... but... there are some good people in government.

The problem I have with government is that there always seems to be certain good government agencies at various times throughout different administration. Once however the administration changes and a new administration comes into power these government agencies which we once thought stood for something quickly start reasserting themselves for more power. You know how we all thought the EPA was being honest with themselves... against the big oil interests. Well now we know the EPA's true agenda. All of the government agencies which we see and hear about seem to be getting bigger and more powerful all the time depending on which ideology they tune towards, or, some just keep getting more powerful as time goes on regardless- like the US military. There has to be some honest people there in government. We have people like Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich in government don't we? There has to be more people like that in there.

So I ask you. What do you think are the most trustworthy government agencies? It seems like they're all either in some kind of new world order plot together or they're just a bunch of bureaucrats who want to control everything. There has to be some trustworthy agencies out there.

Maybe medicare? They seem to be fairly trustworthy for the most part... but with the looming fear of universal health care you don't know...

What's your thoughts on this subject? Why should we have government if every government agency is untrustworthy?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Isn't "trustworthy goverment agency" an oxymoron.

I actually pressed reply thinking I could think of one.. as I ran through the list in my mind... none passed the trustworthy check.

I think if you're looking for trust its best to avoid any of the alphabet agencies, and anything that has an acronym.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It's actually an interesting process going through the list to figure out which agencies can be trusted.

Though I dare say that most of them can't be trusted more on account of ineptitude that nefariousness.

Still ... a fascinating exercise.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I love big brother.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I think at best you would be better off looking for trustworthy and honest people within it.

It's kind of wrong to address things as "the government". Because I'm sure there are many people in it just trying to do the right things and so forth. And you kind of include all of them in it when you generalize "the government".

My uncle works for the "government", and I bet you would have to travel the world over to find a man as honest as he is. I mean he is amazingly honest and such. I've never in my life heard the man even say a cuss word, much less tell a lie, and he's only 8 years older than I am, so I've known him in his youth.

But they aren't all like him, and for that reason I would have to say none of the above. Trust is not really something you can give to such a big group of people.

[edit on 6/29/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the LAUGH
and is this a serious question?

If it is........just look at what these people and agencies do and have been doing which keeps getting progressively worse at an alarming rate.

They create the laws so they can manipulate the laws and committ atrocity after atrocity against mankind. They are all the worst and lowest form of deceitful criminals running the biggest source of organized crime ever in history.

NONE of them can be trusted

As far as I'm concerned............................................................................................................................................. .................................................................................They should ALL be put to DEATH for TREASON

Edit to Add:
They acheive their agendas by fear tactics. Applying threats of garnishing of wages and reposessing property, imprisonment and in somme cases even death.

Last i looked to acheive ones goals by applying fear is terrorism. They can call usdomestic terrorists to make their agenda look legit but the simple fact is They are terrorists and flipping the script to make us lok like criminals.

[edit on 29/6/2009 by Revealation]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Oooh! I love it OP! This thread is so different than the usual. Great idea!

As far as my personal take, I think the S.E.C. (Security Exchange Commission) and the G.A.O. (Government Accountability Office) are two of the best, most trustworthy agencies in the U.S. Government.

Both act as Watchdogs (S.E.C. vs. Public Corporations and the G.A.O. vs. every Government Agency).

Both are non-partisan Bean-Counters. If the U.S. were invaded by a foreign nation, those working for the S.E.C. and G.A.O. would probably not only keep their jobs under a new regime, but wouldn't even notice anything had changed.

The have Bureaucratic Kung-Fu and Ninja-Like Police Powers yet only use it when someone crosses the line. Nothing strikes fear into the heart of Bill Gates or Warren Buffett than to say that the S.E.C. is on the way! Likewise, nothing strikes more fear into a US Congressman than to be told that the G.A.O. has questions about his recent filings with their office.

And seriously, when was the last time you tried corrupting a Bean-Counter? Even if you bake them Brownies you still don't get preferential treatment. If anyone was a stickler for the rules to a fault, it's the Bean-Counters.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'd have to say the Forest Service. I have somewhat of an insider understanding of at least the intermountain west of the F.S., at least as of 15 years ago. It wasn't without problematic situations and personalities, but overall, pretty fair.

Second, believe it or not, The U.S. Postal Service, although technically, the USPS is a private corporation, even though it realizes governmental retirement, perks, etc. The USPS set out to rid their facilities (this was about ummmmmmm..... 1981 or so) of hazardous materials -- at least as defined at that time. They were on the cutting edge of asbestos mitigation, and set a standard of clearance level that was at that time three times more stringent than the level allowed by both the EPA and OSHA. Ditto for UST (underground storage tanks), groundwater mitigation, lead, urea formaldehyde, and fuel oils, as well as other contaminants.

Yes, both entities protect their own. Yes, both deal with immense amounts of money that is not always tracked down to the penny, but at least both employ independent auditors to verify their own books.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you. You would have my Mom be put to death for being a mail carrier.

Oh? You didn't mean that, you meant upper level?

Well, what about my SIL who works for the IRS? Surely she should be impaled upon a stake through her e-vile and black heart, sucker of souls that she is????

What do you know about it. Anybody can identify the enemy, unless it's them.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I don't mess with mail carriers...their packin AK 47's

Bless your mom. i know their are good people who work in this corrupt system but as you stated you know whom I speak of. The ones running us, our families, our futures and this country into the ground.

Regardless the heads of every agency are skimming off the top or using the funds in some way shape or form that they weren't intended for.

Too much money and power for greedy humans to pass up.The rest of us are just foot soldiers doing the dirty work and trying to survive while these parasitic scum suck us dry.

I hate this topic... gets my blood boiling.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

What do you know about it
. I'm sorry I said that. It reads a lot more challenging and affronted than I meant it.

Yah. It gets my blood boiling too, to have a sense of all of those dollars and all that opportunity and really, most of which we don't even know.

As you indicated, much of that we call the government is just folks. Not to say that e-vile things don't happen in middle management, but I think the real planning and execution happen pretty far beyond our awareness.

Anyway, my apologies. I'm glad you answered, so I'd come back here and see how my reply read.

cheers

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
G.T.F.O is a good government agency. Too bad more agencies don't follow suit with this one.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
My, this is fun.

Well, I'm from the UK. so thats an easy question to answer. I absolutely trust all of our wonderful politicians, especially the ones who have offered to hand back some of the money they "acidentally" claimed in false expenses- after they were fingered out.

Also, I must mention my absolute trust of our wonderful law enforcement brigade. The good old British Bobby. Especially the ones who were so kind as to be filmed at the G 20 fascist fest. Yes, we saw how those police officers really work hard at "protecting" the man/woman in the street. It just makes you feel so safe when ya watch that footage. I would trust them with my very life!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Most trustworthy... the ones that closed down, probably because they tried to help civilians rather than poison them...
You are right there are good people everywhere, and always with bad people exploiting them.
And also remember, many good people look like a lamb but speak like a dragon...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Depends on your meaning. If you mean Government Agencies that you can 'trust' to do the wrong thing then they are all 'trustworthy'

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
uh,,,, took me alkong time,,,
only thing i could think of,,,,,

ron paul and his staff,,,,, that's it

the IRS haha!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I always thought of the NSA as the most trustworthy because they know all but can't tell anyone. Anyone who can keep a secret must be trustworthy.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Easy for me to say...I am from Ontario and my most trusted government agency is the LCBO Liquor Control Board of Ontario.

My first post as well...

new topics

top topics

join