It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis rejoice as U.S. troops leave Baghdad

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Remember the US and Venezuela have reestablished "Full diplomatic ties" So much for China's major influence in the Americas and their sole interest in that country.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Jakes51

I wouldn't say exclusive rights to Iraqi oil. But a thumb on the scale if anything gets out of hand so to speak. Iraq is a tool. China is desperate for oil. We want North Korea gone. One hand scratches the other. Seems like a fair deal to me.

So what you speculating is that US is doing a backroom deal with the Chinese about North Korea? For instance, we will give you the front of the line privilege when bidding begins in Iraq but you must let us decimate North Korea without any provocation. This is really getting interesting.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

I'm not your friend.

They are thankful that we did what we did, but they feel they are ready to take over and that it is time for us to leave. They are happy to be standing on their own two feet.

That little quote from the article about the violence is not from an Iraqi. The writer spiced up the article with some tasty bait for you to munch on.

The quote from the Iraqi is about the power and water cutting in and out and that they are thankful we removed the tyrant Saddam.

So before you start posting clips of articles why dont you develop some reading comprehension before you try and make someone look like an idiot.

But your hatred of the Iraqi war will only fool your brain into thinking you are right and the Iraqi people hate us.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
You wont get flamed by me! They should rejoice. No longer will their children get raped by our soldiers. Thats reason enough to celebrate. SERIOUSLY! Now we need to pray for the children of Iran , Pakistan , and possibly North Korea. And once our soldiers "pull out" of them we can start to pray for the children of America when they return. DENY IGNORANCE!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by max.is.awake
DENY IGNORANCE!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

You first.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Iraqis celebrated in the streets Tuesday for the withdrawal of U.S. troops from their cities and towns under an agreement signed last year with the U.S. government.

But celebration was tempered by fears of renewed violence as insurgents launched new attacks.

At least 30 people, including women and children, were killed in what security sources called a "huge bombing" Tuesday in the northern Iraqi city of Kirkuk. Dozens were wounded in the attack in a busy shopping area in a predominantly Kurdish part of the disputed oil-rich city.

Hundreds died in a series of dramatic attacks in the past 10 days, after months of relative quiet.

Without the Americans, we were afraid of each other," Hanaa Abdul Hassan, a Baghdad resident, told CNN. "And now that the Americans are leaving, we will be more afraid. We knew the Americans were holding them back, so now I don't know what's going to happen," she said, without specifying who "they" were.

But U.S. officials believe Iraq's police and army can keep a lid on the violence, which Morrell said was at the lowest point "in the history of this conflict."

Think the Iraqis have an excuse to kill their own people now with Americans gone?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
As an American veteran, I also rejoice in the streets of America that our troops are pulled back. Every American should rejoice along with the Iraqis. We don't want to leave so soon that all our good work, blood and treasure is for naught, but we do want to get out of their country asap and let them live in peace. Why wouldn't we? Our troops want to come home. Until you have spent years overseas without your wife and kids, you will not fully understand. We put our young people through terrible circumstances in order to provide protection for us, and stabilize freedom in a troubled region.

I hope the Sunnis and Shiites can get along when we're gone.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The reason we are in so many countries (200 war fronts presently) is to prevent war. It appears that only the US has peaceful intentions and the financial means to position in so many places. Should we back out of Germany or Japan, and turn the bases over to those countries, we risk having non-peaceful entities managing power in remote areas of the world that we would, once again, have to enter and establish peace at the cost of potentially millions of American lives.

Better we just keep a foot in the door, and keep an eye on what's going on. It's been working very well in Germany and Japan, and will work well in Iraq. Spread the love, my friend. Keep these people from killing each other, or we will be in there again trying to prevent them from killing us, from a distance......unless, of course, you want to fight these wars in your own back yard.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Thank you for saying that. It needed to be said.

We did what we could do.

We've done all we can.

Time for them to resume managing their own affairs. I too, hope they can find a way to do it peacefully.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
So if the US troops aren't going to be used as a peacekeeping force/insurgent hunting; what is their purpose? Protect the oil fields for Haliburton? Let Haliburton hire Blacwater merc's.

Bring our brave boys and girls home!

It's always been about the oil.......

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join