It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu killing more quickly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
A 5-year old child in Oregon died in two days- after having had a fever (not ill enough to have gone to hospital); he died at home (and was otherwise very healthy).

Post-mortem proved he had H1N1. He had a fever, and died in 48 hours- at home. I think the mutated South american strain is here, or else there are other mutations occurring to shorten the length of time between morbidity and mortality.

www.statesmanjournal.com...

I am posting this thread so that everyone pays close attention to their own, and their family's health, and do not disregard symptoms, but contact- or go to- a doctor. As nasty as anti-virals are, they might have saved this child.

Just a thought- and may he rest in peace.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This childs death is unfortunate but a large percentage of deaths from the human flu occur in children under 6 so I would not be too worried at this point.
Although keep an eye on the connection between this new health care reform and swine flu cases and how it is treated. Not trying to make any outlandish predictions, but something fishy has been going on lately around here.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dabossishere

Any more confirmations from other States regarding your observations of greatly reduced population activity in the Chicago area ?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CultureD

A 20-year old woman, with no apparent prior health issues died within 72 hours in San Diego, Cali.

This bug is taking a turn, as it did in 1918- from weeks of illness to days of illness.

www.nbcsandiego.com...

There is an investigation ongoing about this death, as no one can understand why she died-someone should tell the SD coroners that the modus operandi of H1N1 is just this- a mild entrance to the world, with a few cases of hospitalization due to prior cardiopulmonary issues, et., and then a "go to bed, wake up dead" change to instant illiness and death inthe young, healthy population.

No one is immune from the fear, either- I had the "sniffles" today from allergies and FREAKED- KNOWING better. But this is a rough one....

Take care of each other,

C

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

Nothing confirmed.
If you can- chck out Chicago traffic in the am rush hour. We only have a few major arteries into town. They usually start clogging around 5:30, 6 am. They are being reported as having 15-20 minute drives inbound to the city.

Thre months ago, by 6 am or 630 it was an hour, minimum, going up to 2 or 2.5 hours by 8 am. At 8 am I can get from my house (23 miles) to downtown Chicago in 40 minutes. It would have taken 2-2.5 hours about 3 months ago.

As I sit now, at 6 am, there are cars on our little (but mainly used) suburban highway about every 2 minutes.

I'm sorry I can't give an article. I may start filming and post that- my husband's idea.

The Taste of Chicago hasopened and usually draws millions- and yet on opening day, when it would be a 3 hour trip one way, my husband made it downtown and back in 1.5 hours in peak rush hour. We usually get about 750K-1M for the taste. I'll be interested to see what the turnout is this year. It ends July 3.

EDIT:
Also have a friend who works for the Mayor's office and essentially runs Lollapalooza- will ask her abou the trends, and post when I have info from her.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by CultureD]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Want to bet there will be a massive outbreak in the US beginning July 6th or 7th, rising fast for two weeks or so?

When everybody gets together for the 4th, that will be the US equivalent of Mexico's Easter gatherings. The flu will spread like wildfire, and likely be more lethal. The Argentines have begun reporting nearly as many deaths from renal failure as from viral pneumonia, and I've heard that young girls are getting secondary MRSA infections.

Do your families a favor and avoid crowds on the 4th.

I could be wrong, but...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dabossishere

Absolutely correct- kids die of flu allthe time. But my brothers and I had the rspiratory, the stomach flu- all the school-age bugs- and we didn't DIE from a two day FEVER. One of my siblings is very ill with anautoimmune disease and made it through chidlhood flus just fine.

This is a different scenario and it's time people stopped acting like ostriches and admitted it.

No offense meant to you in any way- you obviously think this is just another flu- but I'm doing my damndest to protect- to help- to inform that the change is occurring- from weeks to days, kids, teens, young adults, etc., are dropping- WITHOUT prior illnesses.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

In 1918 in Philedelphia there was a mass parade in late August/early Sept. to gather War Bond contributions.
1/4M people attended- and then about 1/3 of Philly dies over the next 6-8 months- many were buried in mass graves- carried there by men with carts- Medieval style; backhoes dug graves- Google the images if you want a picture of what went down. Lord- the flu ENDED WWI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Chicago we have baseball games, the Gay Pride Parade-just this week-- so many events for mass gathering. I'm sick with concern about our own city's future- and who know's what will happen at Thanksgiving, Christmass, NYE???

July 4 will tell us a great deal, I think. What I DON'T understand is the unwillingness of towns and cities to cancel events- like the 4th party on Navy Pier in Chicago- I know we all need the income- but if 1/4-1/3 fall ill as a result- we've taken 20 steps back....

We'll see, won't we?

[edit on 1-7-2009 by CultureD]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I appreciate the additional H1N1 info, CultureD. Yet another reason (for me) to avoid crowds.

On a semi-related note, I recently did an update to my browser; that apparently allowed MSN to give my email to their advertising sponsors, even though I had checked "no". One was for a pharmaceutical sales company, and when I click on the "unsubscribe", there is no avenue there to actually unsubscribe. I've reported it to MSN. On this site, it's plastered all over it, Tamiflu, Tamiflu sales, buy! buy! buy! SALE!

Really pushing the tamiflu hard. I think I might need a cyberpriest to exorcise this daemon from my computer.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Yes, I'm well aware of what happened in Philly. What really worries me is that this will occur simultaneously with California's, Pennsylvania's, Michigan's, etc, economic collapse, removing critical resources when they are most needed, and placing more people in a space and state more likely to spread it further: in homeless shelters, hungry, stressed, and depressed.

What a mix, what a mess.

Best of luck to you.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm still seriously worried about this. Yesterday I had some banking to do and while at the bank the clerk was hacking and coughing and sneezing and scaring the living hell out of me. He was obviously very sick with the flu.

The bank is owned by Wal-Mart and is located inside a Wal-Mart so when I was done I ran for the front door and got some of those wipes they use on the carts and cleaned my hands.

I better not get the flu from that idiot. He should never have been at work.

It's actions like that which will get us all killed.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Regarding the 4th of July gatherings:

Chicago is expecting 1 million people on the lakefront tonight for fireworks-

traffic out of town yesterday and today was heavy (and yet we could still move around in it- which is anomalous)- I agree with the poster who said there will be an explosion (no pun intended) after the holiday weekend- too many people gathered at once--- and Illinois has one of the highest infection rates in the US.

We are stocked up and not going anywhere for a bit, until we see where this goes.

I started a thread about a good friend (ER nurse) who works in a Chicago suburban hospital- and who is very ill with confirmed H1N1. It's here and ready to burst- I think we may see a Philly-type burn after this holiday (help us all...)

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

It's so disgusting at ANYTIME when one goes to work ill- esp. whe dealing with the public- but in this scenario, any company that does NOT allow sick leave (paid) and forces people to work to keep their jobs (at nearly 10% unemployment) is complicit in mass murder.

You can buy a UV light, UV your clothes, skin, etc., and kill flu. We have one at our front door- kills bugs on us before we enter our house and can wash. Seem paranoid? Whether it's flu or a seasonal cold or anything else- UV kills just about everything.

10 bucks could help save lives!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
All the ones in the UK have had underlying health problems, im not sure whether i beleive that or not.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Did you read that CDC is telling hospitals and pharmacies to sell expired or near-expiration Tamiflu due to the pandemic? So Roche wins, anyway, and we get a product who's stability is gone (and is toxic, anyway, or no longer effective).

I'll find the link- but I think if you just Google CDC Emergency Use Authorizations you'll find it.

AND- with that comes further indemnification by the gov- we can't sue for damages from this garbage!!!!!!!!

How do you spell fascism?

top topics

join