It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since Michael Jackson died, I have not been able even ONE time...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
see a single time where Michael Jackson was not on the news screen (CNN or FOX News) at all. Not. Even. Once. I've checked at least 50 times waiting to see some news about something else. The only time it happened was once on CNN where they were discussing Iran, but it had "Michael Jackson" in the banner below.

Am I just viewing the news at the wrong times or is the media saturation of Michael Jackson THAT bad? I find it interesting how the media once called him a pedophile, freak, etc., and now have pulled a complete 180.

[edit on 6/27/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
see a single time where Michael Jackson was not on the news screen (CNN or FOX News) at all. Not. Even. Once.

Strange. I could say the same thing about ATS.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Am I just viewing the news at the wrong times or is the media saturation of Michael Jackson THAT bad? I find it interesting how the media once called him a pedophile, freak, etc., and now have pulled a complete 180.

I don't think that you're catching the news at the wrong times. Here in Germany, it's the same thing on CNN and the German News channels. On the German channels they just scroll stuff on the bottom of the screen though, so it's not as bad. I can only imagine how bad it is in the States.

I had the same thought too about how the media is treating him now. Not only the media, but seemingly the public at large. You would think that he'd found the cure to AIDS or had stumbled upon the unified field theory or stopped global warming! I think it is just an example of how the news media will play something on the best angle to get viewers.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
When George Carlin died, it was the same thing, two or three days of constant George Carlin saturation, then they forgot about him.
A famous entertainer died, they'll be holding his memorial for a few days, and then go back to not reporting the news like they usually do.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
see a single time where Michael Jackson was not on the news screen (CNN or FOX News) at all. Not. Even. Once. I've checked at least 50 times waiting to see some news about something else. The only time it happened was once on CNN where they were discussing Iran, but it had "Michael Jackson" in the banner below.

[edit on 6/27/2009 by SonicInfinity]

They are going to be on this for quite some time. Look at how long Anna Nicole was on the news. Her claim to fame was playboy, but mostly her marrying that 90 something old man and it obviously wasn't for love unless men that old was a turn on for her.
So imagine with Michael Jackson, quite possibly the biggest star of our time the media coverage will go on for some time and as you noticed it took what, an hour after he was officially dead that the conspiracy theories had started here on ATS? This will happen for a while as well. Swine flu was the hot topic on here for a while, but now the King of Pop has taken over, then it'll die down to just a few threads here and there for however long this site is up and running. The answer to your question should be obvious to you by now, it is how the media operates. First the media makes you look great, especially if you are a rags to riches story. You will be a media prince with hardly any bad publicity.

They'll make it seem as if you crap gold and use to stop hunger in the world. Then once they get tired of building you up in a good positive light, then the will start breaking you down. It starts off little, maybe relationship scandals from before you get famous, or problems with your mom, whatever. Then they take those stories and start putting spins on it. Then after a while they'll make you out to be this horrible, greedy, selfish awful celebrity and will do everything they can, even making up stories just to tear you down. Then when you die, then you are a saint. It's happened to many celebs. Look at Britney Spears, I'm surprised they haven't driven her to suicide. Princess Diana, look how that ended up. The media loves to create a story from the beginning and end it. Also, hopefully, the MJ threads stay in control, there are bigger issues concerning our world today and let's not be too distracted by this, unless there really is some NWO plot concerning his death.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm just wondering, why no coverage on Farrah Fawcett?

Is the Trifecta complete?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yeah, I told someone that Farrah Fawcett got like 10 minutes of air time and then Michael Jackson, not one to ever be out done, decided to jump on the bandwagon. Now no one will ever remember Farrah Fawcett or Ed McMahon (sp check?). I bet next year they remind us that is the anniversary of Michael's death though. I want to hear real news, well, as real as it an get in the MSM lol.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This stuff just pissed me off like you wouldn't believe. Not because I have a grudge against MJ but because Cap and Trade was passed and only Faux news devoted about 5 minutes of an hour news show to the topic. The rest was MJ.

There are other bits of news that ATS has dug up, but the news outside of MJ, and to a MUCH lesser extent, Farrah Fawcett is rare this week. And it worries me. I wonder what's really going on right now?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You know Michael Jackson's so called death is being treated like a crisis by the MSM.
On that not you know damn well Obama's henchmen, and henchwomen, have taken advantage of this so called "crisis" to push their own aganda.
The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Is the Trifecta complete?
yes. Ed McMann

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I bet a few emails and memo's went around various organizations saying something along the lines of: "If anyones got some bad news about anything at all now would be a very good time for a press release"
Tony Blair and Gordon Brown could of said they had a long term gay relationship and it would of only of got mentioned as a 'In other news' piece.

I noticed the exact same thing OP'er... All I saw was the whether reports and an endless string of reports and interviews all about MJ - it's died down a bit today... But within hours of the news getting out it seemed like every other channel on my (basic) cable service suddenly had a documentary or a non stop hit list from MJ...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
They are making you hear about Micheal Jackson because they do not want you to learn that on the day after he died they voted on a greenhouse gas tax that was the biggest in American history.

Micheal Jackson also died the day before the Ark of the Covenant was supposed to be unveiled.

Micheal Jackson changed his first name to Mikaeel when he converted to Islam in November 21 of 2008.

One of history's greatest conspiracies is playing itself out before our very eyes.

I have not heard one bit on MSM about the Greenhouse tax.

Have you?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I am afraid that it is just the beginning. I think the MJ saturation could last for at least two more weeks.

How many more bills can the congress slide through without the general public being aware?

We will see!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Brett Baer has been keeping up with the cap and trade, Iran, and NK.

Orielly factor last night touched on those issues last night also.

But of course MJ is going to take alot of screen time. He is our Elvis.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

uuuhhh, So you start yet another thread on ats about m.j. did you have a point? or just sitting back collecting flags and posts.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

And thanks (in part) to your post now we’re getting the same thing here on ATS.

WHEW!

I’d of hated for ATS to have gotten left out of the fray!!!

Good Work!

(end sarcasm)

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The doctor and the overdose is all a cover-up.
Michael Jackson committed suicide.
As soon as he heard about Farrah Fawcett's death he freaked out.
He knew he had only a few hours of opportunity to catch up to her.
He had a crush on her as a little boy in the 70's.
He knew Farrah was on her way to Heaven and he wanted to catch up to her and be with her forever.
I think MJ thought that he could be with the 70's poster Farrah and that he could be the youthful fancy dancer he used to be. Forever. In Heaven with his fantasy lover forever.
So he killed himself.
Sort of like those wackos that killed themselves to catch a ride on a comet.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Michael Jackson is dead? I thought he was nearly immortal. I have been really busy these last couple of weeks. First David Carradine, Jeff Goldblum, and now MJ...this is almost as bad as 9/11.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

Oh yes. Those 2 flags and 5 stars I have collective have boosted me to Cosmic status.

reply to post by Ace High

Two more weeks? I'm betting it'll be like a Princess Diana thing and go on for MONTHS.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Reply to post by Darth Lumina

I do not think anyone could have stated that any better than you. Its the absolute truth. Perfect post.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join