It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since Michael Jackson died, I have not been able even ONE time...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Reply to post by projectvxn

Now is the time dirty deeds and secret deals are going to be made. The internet will be the only source for current events for the next few days or weeks. No need to watch tv at all. However I do want to quickly say Ed, Farrah, Michael thanks for the years of entertainment and may you rest peace. Now it is time to move on.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Jeff Goldblum is not dead ; it was a hoax and for what reason the rumor got started I have no idea. REPEAT JEFF GOLDBLUM IS ALIVE. Now watch him slip on a banana peel and split his melon. Anyway it happens in 3s and 3 are dead. Unos dos tres.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I think that in this case the media reacted to what the people actually wanted to see.
MJ's death broke twitter, something even the iranian revolution didn't manage to do. That sudden surge of interest in his death prompted the media, who are after ratings not quality, to saturate the program with MJ.

I guess it tells a lot about the state of our society in general. Sadly.

Even Obama wanted to be hip and cool and in touch with the interests of the people so he had to say a few words too, which actually angers me more then the obsession of general population with MJ.
The freakin' president! comenting on a death of celebrity whose career ended 20 freakin' years ago. What. The. Hell.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

U r not seeing any other news items, simply because over 99% of your folks (the sheeple) love these kinds of "exciting non-routine" news. This is what your pop culture prefers over news of how messed up the world is. Your "rulers" don't want the sheeple to think too much and distract the world of the real issues.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Ya he was nearly immortal, but it seems that "nearly" has gotten the best of him.

Also, I see yahoo! is trying to make room for some news, but not real news.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
MJ was hugely mainstream and his death is being milked by the "mainstream" media. What else did you expect? He was a massive cog in the history of musical culture, let him have his last 15 minutes.

Remember when Lennon died? Diana? Same mass hysteria. It'll be the same if another huge music/movie star dies, McCartney, Madonna, Will Ferrell (lol) etc.

As I said in another thread, the media are just ghouls who thrive on a dead celebrity.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Geez, I really hate getting sucked iinto this discussion but here it goes.

A real close friend told me she was listening to this local radio show, Kidd Craddick in Dallas, and apparently this radio personality claimed to have gotten exclusive to interview MJ back in the late 80's when Jackson came to town. The only condition was that he had to agree to stay backstage throughout the entire concert.

Well the concert started, the crowd began to cheer and MJ began to sing.
The excitement got the best of him and he was tempted to walk over to get a quick peek of "the gloved one" in action, when suddenly a door opened and in walked another Michael Jackson.
The interview commenced and continued all duriing the actual concert was still going on.
When the interview was over, Jackson excused himself and left, minutes later a platform was lowered from the stage above and an exhausted MJ stepped off and headed for his dressing room.

Obviously there's a body double at play here.
Maybe a body double started off the concerts for MJ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join