It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You a Ghost !!! ??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
..... but why didnt I remember any of that ?? .... If I had not been revived, ... and died there, .... would I simply have woken up at home the next morning, .. and continued to live my life as my subconscious saw fit ???

Why don’t you remember any of it? Well, I don’t know what happened to you, but trauma can cause a brief interruption in the short/long-term memory transfer mechanism. Sometimes people in car accidents have no memory of the wreak. If you had died there, you would be dead.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Man I hate the way the world is today. So much deception. Wait till the "aliens" land and sign a peace treaty with Israel. Bet you won't see that one coming or did I just tell you?

Most near death or death experiences and such things are perfect times for a false Jesus to teach you things contrary to what He would say before resuscitation and regaining consciousness. It is something demons love to do. Invisible to our eyes but they exist very much so. They love to play good guys but are really leading you down the wrong path. You're living in very interesting times. When they do visibly materialize its for deceptive purposes.

[edit on 6/26/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hey, at least we know they're around.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Its kind of mind bending if your mind is open enough. .... but I've thought about this for sometime, even before my accident.

.... it all began with a show I saw once, ... called " hauntings" ... Im pretty sure it was. It took place at a home where a family would hear footsteps going up and down the stairs. ... after some research they decided to do some detective work. Upon researching the house they discovered that a 15 or 16 year old girl had committed suicide there. ...

.... After placing a tape recorder on the stairs, ... they were shocked at what they heard upon their return. .. They could hear themselves leaving, closing the door, and soon after they heard the footsteps, and a voice. ...
...... then the phone rang, ... and they heard a girl pick it up.... and carry on a conversation for some time. ... the girl who had died !

..... so there she was, carrying on with her life as if nothing happened, even though she died by her own hand. ..... perhaps some people, ... no matter how much they hate it ..... cannot let go of their life, or pain, because it is all they know, ... so they continue to create life around them, not as they want it to be, ..... but as they beleive it should be.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
If what we perceive of as life were an alborate computer simulation, or a type of matrix, no, we would not know, unless maybe we "died" and woke to another reality, but that too could be just another level of the matrix.

I do think life is actually like that in a way, and what we percieve all around us, is simply a neccessary "infrastructure" or an illusion of sorts, who's design is made real to serve some sort of purpose, like a game, a learning game, where nothing is forgotten, and it will just keep on running until there is absolutely nothing left to learn or no more fun to be had, and then a new game will be created based on the sum total of what was learned from this game.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

so they continue to create life around them, not as they want it to be, ..... but as they beleive it should be.

Interesting, however in that case the dead person would have to know they were dead because all they could do was pick up the phone but not talk to her parents and the parents didn't acnowledge her? That's what I don't get about what you are saying. Unless you mean the life is created in the dead persons head which I think is what you are saying. That can't be true for you though because I'm reading what you said and I exist, so the same can't be for me because you're reading what I say.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Star and flag just because you gave me something else to think about tonight. If I'm dead I hope someone lets me know soon. There are a few people in these threads I want to go haunt

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

a ghost in a shell perhaps?.

is it not proven that the human body is made up of energy, so this energy would be part of your ghost that you talk about!?.

so when not in your body or shell then you would be your ghost?.

its like what i find reading up on zen buddhism and similar, that it is focusing in those teachings, that life is dynamic, and about how you act with your mind or energy!!!.

zen-buddhist.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

bit like a big machine or computer, everything running along like numbers?.

like i was saying like a big machine, but where would it start and end, though?.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by jonys]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

.... yeah, that is what I"m sayin, ... what if its all in the experiencers head ??? ... reality based on perception, .... there is no event without the observer. I'm not implying that im dead, or trying to prove I am, ... just exchanging thoughts.
..... and you only assume that I am real, .... and I am reading this, ...

.... as the subconscious has access to the collective consciousness it is quite capable of creating a world that seems completely independant of its inhabitant. think about it. haha.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Some pretty deep stuff there. Good thread.
Considering in "the others" that they couldn't see the living just as well as most of us can't see the dead. Or how about how many times we lived this very lifetime, for that matter? That is if you beleive in reincarnation. Or how maybe life is just a dream of someone else's? BTW I have had a dream like that where I'd had an accident and was consistently given shock to start my heart(I even felt it in the dream) And didn't respond and woke up the next morning at home in bed, yup. That was freakish let me tell you!!! That happened when I was a teenager, never quite got the meaning of it,but who knows maybe you are right? Maybe I died and am a ghost? But then my kids wouldn't be here and I wouldn't have a Husband, or would I? Wow now I have a headache. Well thanks for making me think, hehehe.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Let's not be so quick to let Hollywood dictate to us exactly what constitutes being a ghost.
I actually think I understand the Ops question because for all we know, we all may be a ghost of our parallel universe(s).

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Ummm, if you are able to have any thoughts at all, then obviously you are not dead.

It's kind of like when atheists say things like - We will see when we die, and then I will laugh at you for wasting your life with (insert religion/beliefs/whatever).

Well news flash, in order for such to happen means you would still have to be conscious after "death". And if you are conscious still, then "you" didn't die at all, at best you lost your physical body. So the only way such a thing could actually happen, would be if the atheist was wrong about "no life after death".

So, in order for their to be life "after" death, means you didn't actually die at all.

It seems to me that "life after death" is impossible, and the real question is - is the death of the body the death of "you". I understand what people mean by "life after death", but it's really a misnomer IMO.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Well, when you consider that in order for free will, and intelligence to actually exist it means that all possibilities must be there, but of course they are in "parallel universes". But "parallel" is really in itself also a "misnomer", because they aren't parallel at all. They are just realities which didn't become our reality.

As all those possibilities do exist, then you have died over and over in those other realities. But of course, they aren't the "path" taken, they didn't become "your" reality.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
wow i am glad I'm not the only one that used to ponder these things, i used to sit and think what if the matrix concept is real and this is just a large computer powering a higher purpose?

the sixth sense/the others concept i have thought about a lot, i mean how would we actually KNOW we weren't here, or as someone else stated in a post how do we know that we aren't the ones that are the ghosts and what we think are haunting us is *real* people.

certainly thought provoking and opens up a whole new concept and pondering's.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Good thread and one i can relate too, but not as deeply as the OP...

Earlier this year i was having an operation on my jaw, and was put to sleep. That night i was supposed to be working, but alas i was in hospital...

Anyhow, i was 'dreaming' that i was in work. Doing all my jobs, tidying up, talking to customers and keeping the staff in check... All so clear and real (everything from the lighting, the sounds, the smell)

and then suddenly i came back to consciousness and everything was surreal and i was groggy in a wheel chair and it seemed like my reality was the actual dream.

I'll never forget my confusion.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Something very similar happened to me 14 years ago and I too have no memory of the event that caused my "near death" experience.

Since almost immediately afterwards I have had this distrubing feeling that I AM in the afterlife. I'll put it out of my mind for awhile and then I'll encounter a thread like this(or something else) that reminds me.

How do I deal? Well, I'm a philosopher so it's not really a big deal actually. I mean, I'm a Descartian philosopher so I don't really believe anything outside my mind is real anyway. So dead or alive in this case matters little.

If you are having a hard time try reading Rene Descartes and Bishop Berkeley. They might help...

Vas

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Vasilis Azoth]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth

I mean, I'm a Descartian philosopher so I don't really believe anything outside my mind is real anyway.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Vasilis Azoth]

I'm real. Just ask my mum.

Sriosuly.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Are You a Ghost !!! ??

No. If I were then I wouldn't feel pain like I do.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

.. interesting, an athiest point of view, .... yet it brought home a point for me, .... perhaps there is no life after death, .... because there simply is no death, just a transition. .... yet how are we to know when the transition occurs, what is real after all ?? ..... isn't the universe just a hologram ? with each personal universe independant to the observer, such as people experiencing events differently, yet simultaneously. If in fact the universe is a hologram created by the collective consciousness, .... then the possibility of a self imposed " reality" becomes more tangible.

..... i dont think the consciounsess needs a body to survive, energy does not die. ....... when the body sleeps, ... does the mind not dream ?

..... have we been missing the clue's all along ???
row, row, row your boat .....
gently down the stream .....
merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ....
life is but .....a ......... dream ?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join