It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NK Threatening Nukes, Iran revolting, economy on the brink, 2 running wars.. is MJ really that impor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Alright, I first noticed the Michael Jackson situation around noon western time, I have now been out all day long, I return home and flip to CNN to see if it is still being covered.

No surprise to me, of course it is. Last week we had Perez Hilton and Jon and Kate, today, and I am sure for at least the next couple weeks, we're going to be hearing about Michael Jackson non-stop.

Now don't get me wrong, he is a legend, but come on people, he spent $20,000,000 defending himself against MULTIPLE child molestation charges. It's nice to cover the topic briefly, and perhaps entertainment shows should be covering the topic thoroughly, but does the Mainstream news really need 24 hour coverage when there is SO much going on around the world?

Even look around the forum, Recent posts has sooo man MJ threads, now it's becoming a conspiracy theory, from CIA mind control, to cobain similarities. GIVE ME A BREAK PEOPLE, he had 1000 surgeries, was probably raping the hell out of his body with all sorts of drugs, and has had reportedly bad health for quite some time now, hes been as thin as an ice pick for years now. NO CONSPIRACY, move on people.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Short answer: no.

Long answer: toxicology reports, we need to milk this baby everyday until the toxicology reports come back on MJ, and then talk about that for a few more weeks.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Short answer: no.

Long answer: toxicology reports, we need to milk this baby everyday until the toxicology reports come back on MJ, and then talk about that for a few more weeks.

I could care less if agents rammed oxycotons up his ass till he puked them, Mainstream News does not need 24 hour coverage. Theres hundreds of far more news worthy items that could and should be brought to the peoples attention.

It feels like the media is seriously on the stall train, they are just dying for the next thing they can plaster over every other story in a day that has no impact on anyone's life, and is totally irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
IT'S DEFINITELY A CONSPIRACY

Because Farah Faucett was the women who little boys most wanted to sleep with and Michael Jackson was the Man who most wanted to sleep with little boys.. and they died on the same day.

I smell reptilian involvement

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I gotta disagree...I think he WAS that important. And I believe he was the target of assas.. assin... assani... a hit man.

I believe that ol Mike was creating a world tour to bring us all together in peace and love... Remember, he wrote "Heal the world".

The US.gov wanted him taken out so they could foment the trouble in Iran, the despair of N.Korea, and the apathy of the US and UK. (Ever wonder why he was so popular over there? This has been YEARS in coming).

I'm telling you, this is the harbinger of the NWO!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Dont forget Ed McMahon....he's the one who promoted all the little boys...when he was searching for their star

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Its a smokescreen , to blow smoke up our backsides and while we're distracted, they'll push the knife in our backs.
Feel sorry for MJ but hey, we all goitta go sometime.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Its a smokescreen , to blow smoke up our backsides and while we're distracted, they'll push the knife in our backs.

Hmm, a child molester who spent a several hundred million dollar fortune in a decade, and even went so far as to build an attraction park on his property to lure little boys.

Hmm, I feel so sorry for him.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
You think MJ is irrelevant and distracting from more important news, so you decide to start another thread about him?

Reminds me of that bumper sticker: "We kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong"

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Hmm, a child molester who spent a several hundred million dollar fortune in a decade, and even went so far as to build an attraction park on his property to lure little boys.

No court ever found him guilty...can you??

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Who cares about that degenerate? I certainly don't.

There's hundreds of things more important going down right now.

Audit of the FED. The FED trying to take power over everything. GM may not go out of bankruptcy. Carbon credit cap and trade on vote today. Iran CIA backed revolution. US troops surge in Afghanistan. North Korea going nuts. The police state. US cyber command being set up. The feds taking over all water in the US. Anti-guns bills...

There's much more bigger problems than one human death.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
You know what...I'm tired of all this "molester" crap. You know what I say to that...

When it comes to child molesters, I say "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"!

oh...wait a minute...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

is MJ really that impor
well i say thats a neg.pedophiles arn't important. besides
Elvis was the King the guy was obviously even ashamed of his on skin.
no i respect the little guy from 1969 who could not forsee the horrible
things wealth n fame had in store for him. definetly a superhuman
talent. in just little kid,but if thats what wealth and fame do to you i want no part of it. as a man he dishonored himself and his life. certainly no honor in his death. none of this can be denied. if you don't like it. go runaway and cry about it.you know its true.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
You think MJ is irrelevant and distracting from more important news, so you decide to start another thread about him?

Other than what you really mean.

Yes, I think this is a desperate attempt by the media to soften more important news. Happens all the time.

Otherwise, the economy might crash (again)... Seriously, things seem to be getting worse. We are on the verge of global panic. H1N1, the threat of nuclear war, recession....

CX

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I agree.

Yes he deserves attention, he was an iconic figure, but 24 hour coverage is never a good thing IMO.

When news networks cover one subject only for a long period of time, especialy a tragic time like this, the first thing that comes into my head is this....

Good day to bury bad news

I think it is a good time to keep an eye on what is hapening elsewhere.

What bills get rushed through during the next few days whilst people are too busy to worry about it?

CX.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

OJ was found innocent, do you think he did?

Anyone who takes a moment to look at history knows that rich people get off on absurd crimes because they buy a legal team. This has been achieved with a million dollars.

In Michael's case, he spent $20,000,000. And during the trial, despite showing the Brashear documentary, when it cames to portions of him performing, the jury was singing along and enjoying the music. It was a joke.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The little conspiracy theorist inside me has been screaming to get out since I heard that he had died. Of course there is the possibility that it was just a heart attack and completely natural, but now we're hearing about demerol overdoses, and there are too many ifs and buts......

*If* the PTB wanted to create a massive distraction, and occupy our attention for a while.....would this not be a really good way to do it? Please don't tell me that they are incapable if that, because I think they are pretty much capable of anything. I would be looking *very* closely at what else is happening in the world just now.

Any distraction of any kind makes me look in the opposite direction automatically.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
GOOD NEWS!!!

Reports of Michael Jacksons death were incorrect. He was found in the childrens ward, having a stroke

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
S&F

M.J was the king of POP! - sad news! rest in peace!

My grandma died at 91 years a couple of hours after M.J - very sad news! but since she's been ill at the hospital for some weeks, we knew the end was near!

May they both rest in peace! and I'm sad for this! especially for my dear grandma of course!

But I subscribe to CNN International here in Europe, and they are non stop showing stuff with M.J - no other news! WTF!

I'm interested to hear my daily International news!

I'm not interested to hear about M.J non stop! - are they Insane at CNN International?!

I understand that for the people in America this could maybe be a little more interesting since he was American and lived in America, and was a big celebrity and all that! but c'mon, be done with this at least on the International News!

Well! sorry for my rant! I'm going to write to CNN and tell them I cancel my CNN subscription if they don't stop now!!

I'm going nuts here at the office! same crap is rolling every hour over and over again!

Give me my business news, give me International news, give me anything else than just M.J!!

Are they trying to brainwash us with M.J and pop music!

INCREDIBLE!!

Don't get me wrong here! he did some good music and was a big popstar, I'll respect that!

But I'm not such a big fan of this celebrity/Idol/superstar thingy/apparatus that is going on in America and here in the rest of the West, in general! that's all!

Sorry if I offended anyone with this?!

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

OJ was found innocent, do you think he did?

Anyone who takes a moment to look at history knows that rich people get off on absurd crimes because they buy a legal team. This has been achieved with a million dollars.

In Michael's case, he spent $20,000,000. And during the trial, despite showing the Brashear documentary, when it cames to portions of him performing, the jury was singing along and enjoying the music. It was a joke.

Point made, All we do is argue and bicker about who is right and who is wrong , who did what and who didn't do what , that TPTB can come along and not only stab us in the back buit twist the F**king knife as well.
Get on with your lives and look at the real world, not some 'celebrity' who's popped their clogs .
Its all for softening real world , real person impacting news and events that affect YOU and I, but we're too busy saying "Poor MJ, RIP" and all that bollocks that we're too busy to notice our lives aren't our own anymore.

Edited : Coz I've been down the pub, had a few beers and all people ever talked about was MJ. the economies up poop creek , we're without a paddle and the worlds going to hell in a hand basket , but thats ok MJ's a dead kiddie fiddler.....

FFS - - - - TURN OFF YOUR TV and look at the world for once.

[edit on 26/6/09 by DataWraith]

<<   2 >>

join