It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NK Threatening Nukes, Iran revolting, economy on the brink, 2 running wars.. is MJ really that impor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith

Edited : Coz I've been down the pub, had a few beers and all people ever talked about was MJ. the economies up poop creek , we're without a paddle and the worlds going to hell in a hand basket , but thats ok MJ's a dead kiddie fiddler.....

FFS - - - - TURN OFF YOUR TV and look at the world for once.

Funny! I was down the Pub for a couple of beers as well!

It's was the same! - M.J's hits playing, everyone talking about it!

M.J was important! he did great music! and he did some very nice things like: We Are The World project!

He was a big pop star, yes! but I'm now tired of seeing him on CNN International! hour after hour! they are really overdoing it!

Well! rest in peace M.J

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

In the great scheme of things Michael Jackson's death it isn't that important no (but try telling that to his kids). In the grand scheme of musical culture however, it's a huge, clarifying moment that a 20th century icon meets an untimely death.

The Iran problem won't go away, and there's tons of news sites to get information on that. Its just for the next few days the MJ story is, in all honesty more news worthy to the world.

The mainstream media are milking this because MJ was hugely mainstream and millions knew his music, whether you liked him or not.

<< 1   >>

join