It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Saucers and the Third Reich

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Hitler and the Third Reich led Europe into a decade of terror in the first half of the 20th century that culminated in World War II. Technology played a greater part in that war than in past conflicts and the Germans developed an amazing array of secret weapons in a short time. Were flying discs part of the Luftwaffe arsenal? And if so, was this secret looted and used by the Allied victors after the war?
More than any war before it, World War II was the war of secret weapons. A few of these advances, like the American atomic bomb and the British ability to crack the German communication ciphers may have actually tipped the outcome of the conflict. The Axis powers also had their secrets and many of the most clandestine German war-time technical advances are now well known.

www.unmuseum.org...

Hitler’s Stealth Fighter

NAZI SECRET WEAPONS

When the U.S. Army rolled into Nazi Germany at the end of World War II, special intelligence units searched factories, opened bricked-up underground vaults, and even poked around in cemeteries in search of unusual sort of plunder: scientific documents and engineering blueprints from the Third Reich’s weapons research and development programs. Eventually, they hauled nearly half a million pounds of paper back to Wright Field in Dayton, Ohio. When U.S. Army Air Corps researchers began perusing the materials, some of what they found was mind-boggling: Designs for scores of futuristic weapons, ranging from a rocket-powered intercontinental glide bomber and an antiaircraft weapon that could shoot a stream of metal at 25,000 feet per second, to an orbiting solar mirror gun, designed to boil harbors dry and burn enemy cities to a crisp. That outlandish arsenal had been dreamed up by German scientists at the behest of the Fuhrer, who apparently actually believed the Nazi regime’s propaganda claims that Wunderwaffen—“miracle weapons”—would turn the tide of the war against the Allies.

This program will be on tonight. National Geographic.

channel.nationalgeographic.com...-nazi-secret-weapons-1

Hitlers secret Stealth

A full scale replica of the Ho 229 bomber made with materials available in the 1940s

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Flying Saucers and the Third Reich NAZI SECRET WEAPONS

Hitler may have easily won the War had this secret Nazi Stealth plane been in service at the time.

Years later we discover the Nazi Secret weapons. Just after the fall of the Third Reich the press began to introduce incredible stories about alleged secret weapons created by the Nazi scientists during the last months of WWII.

In 1957 we learned that Nazi Germany created flying saucers that flew more than 1000 miles per hour and a bomber that could attack the United States and return without refueling.

For decades, an interesting mythology has developed around the claim that Nazi Germany's engineers secretly developed one or more “super sophisticated saucer-shaped aircraft and unmanned disc-like missiles”

This technology was appropriated by the US and Soviet Union in the post-war period. We now have the famous Hitler Secret Stealth plane, among other secret weapons.

I guess they weren’t quick enough to win the war.

It’s amazing that old technology looks so modern. Do you think the Nazi’s had help from ET’S to produce such a craft? It makes me wonder.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
What a scary future regardless of the nazis losing..
We still have terrible deceptions and people gathering to plot destructions and power. Has much changed regardless of us openly kicking hitlers men into the ground? I can say im not in an itchy uniform working for the man..

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I hear these theories a lot, and my main question is: If the Nazis had these types of weapons (or delivery systems) why didn't they use them?

Nazi Germany was fighting basically three fronts: The Soviets, the British, and the one in North Africa. They did not have too many resources on hand and also had to deal with many freedom fighters in their occupied territories.

While it is true they did try to develop some far reaching technologies, most of them never got off the drawing board.

Also, why would the spend so much time and resources to moving stuff to Antarctica when they could have used those resources to win the war?

It is interesting to speculate on what they were doing in the many secret labs, and also what the Bell was. However, speculation is all that can be done as much of the documents were destroyed and the scientists shot so the high ranking officers would not be accused of war crimes. (They used slave labor to build the secret installations and then executed the workers.)

While I am a skeptic on this subject, I still am fascinated by it. Any new information is always helpful, and I can change my views.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by paradisicalone

I also agree that we are heading for another Nazi type régime and maybe WORSE.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

It's so crazy. From what I read they had all these weapons but were only 2 weeks away from getting finished, before the War ended. We lucked out I guess!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I have heard they had the atomic bomb ready, but since they knew the war was going to end they did not want the Americans to exact terrible revenge if it was used.

Many of the aircraft that are shown did not work very well, and since the Nazis spread the wealth over a hundred different projects, the success rates were staggeringly low.

I think it is the best that they didn't succeed, or we would all be conversing in German right now.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yes, they didnt have much luck getting these secret weapons to work by the got the flying saucer 1000 feet off the ground, as far as I know.

Maybe the US is upgrading it in the back hills od Nevada? Or perhaps ET's are helping. ET's would take our side over the German's , after all.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It's known that the Nazi's were into some really strange things, just check out Project Chrono's sometime and you'll see how weird they actually got.

I'm just glad it didn't pan out and they lost the war.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Taking into account the similarities between the Adamski objects and those supposedly from the Nazis... and those between the Kenneth Arnold sighting and the bat-winged Horten - Ho 229, one could make a good case for at least some of the historical UFO sightings.

National Geographic will be running a special this Sunday at 9 pm EDT... link follows...

NG Ho 229 Special

The question is whether there is a direct link between historic and maybe even current UFO sightings and any technology acquired from post war Germany. Following that, we might ask whether current UFO sightings are a result of that technology taken 50 years beyond where it was in 1945.

Most of us here at ATS would quickly profess that our global governments are untrustworthy so... why should we think that such technology wouldn't be held from us?

Another point was brought up in another thread... "Was Nazi Germany gifted with ET technology in hopes it would win its war and unite the world?"

The answer would immediately be that ET had some holes in its decision making paradigm and that after the war, it recentered on the USA and maybe even the (then) USSR.

No matter. The Ho229 is remarkably similar to the objects sited by Kenneth Arnold and just as similar to what we today call the B2 Stealth Bomber.

Beyond that... the Adamski objects bear the same remarkable similarity to those disks that the Nazis were supposedly working on at the end of the war in early 1945.

I don't claim to know the answer and I have no personal opinion beyond a quote from a series of old detective novels...

"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Best to all

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Answer to your question of "why didnt they use them?" Is a good one but its clear that they didnt have the capital or facilities to mass produce the planes and weapons they would have needed to win the war. Under project "paper clip" we truly did aquire much of their technology, developed and undeveloped, and then with former Nazi SS officers like Verner Von Braun and others we developed what advances they had made so today you see the stealth bomber, stealth fighter, even the SR71 blackbird was a direct result off of technology aquired from Germany. There are things we dont even know about today that are 20 or 30 years ahead of our public technology that can trace their roots to captured german research.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

This ties in with a thread I made long ago but didn't get the response it deserved in my opinion.

Kenneth Arnold debunked?

one of the first big ufo sighting that made the media could have been a jet.

I still wonder where the nazi/flying saucer story originated from...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I thought the same thing about older UFO sightings. The question I have is how did Hitler get this technology.

It adds to my imagination or ET presence. Tonight on the National Geographic channel will be Hitler’s secret stealth plane.

I’m not sure about the Nazi flying saucers. I love that quote. It says quite a bit!

If there was ET involvement they did switch sides, most likely for a good reason. They would have also known about the Holocaust.. It does make me wonder.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

As weird as it sounds it could be true. "Time travel" Bending space and time? That may add up to the similar or exact Nazi flying saucers.

If so the unerground tunnels and facilities get my imagination going on the flying disks!

Thanks for the link. I plan on searching for more on that subject.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Thanks for the link. I plan on searching for more on that subject.

And I look forward to applauding you when you publish the thread on it.

Dr. Joseph P. Farrell has some interesting theories on the subject. He thinks it's still active to this day. I did a short interview with him awhile back. Nothing to write home about, but it might give you a lead on your research.

Good luck,

wupy

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I give you all the credit mrwupy, I give you an applause!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

If they were able to build fighter jets, tanks and other weapons of war, they would have been able to build these types of craft. While they did have limited resources, they would have put them to good use had any one of those type of craft actually worked.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I think they were 2 weeks short of a couple war crafts being completed. but one did work and Hitler traveled to visit Mussolini. It may have been the Flying saucer but I'll check.

They started in the 30's and could have won the war. That's a scary thought!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

That almost sounds like a bad 1950s science fiction movie: "Hitler and the Flying Saucers". It is interesting to debate how far the Nazis really got on their ideas. No one will really know as many of the documents were destroyed and the scientists shot.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Now I wonder why the US Stealth wasnt completed until the 1960's. Yes it does sound weird. "Hitler and flying saucers"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join