It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationwide protests/unrest in Iran - really? where?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

such link is proofs for you?

Is art of propagandas

world is not what you think from fox news

much different

protest is extremist groups clashing and troubles
west not understan make big story by little liars

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Do you even know who Mousavi IS?

www.aftab1.com...

EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Realize that the Mass media propaganda can ALWAYS sway a percentage of the population with emotional arguments.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The OP did not come back to answer my questions unfortunately.... he still can if he wishes.... or at least have the decency to just admit he got this one wrong.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

Do you even know who Mousavi IS?

www.aftab1.com...

EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Realize that the Mass media propaganda can ALWAYS sway a percentage of the population with emotional arguments.

-Edrick

In my opinion this is not about one person named "Neda" or about Mousavi at all. Neda is a symbol that showed the world what is happening there to many people.

Mousavi isn't their savior and the Iranian people know it. They are not protesting because they love Mousavi, they are protesting because they were tricked, a fraud has been perpetrated against them and they are intelligent enough to know it.

If a beautiful young woman gets brutally murdered, and the outside world can witness it, why shouldn't that be important. Just because we saw one person die?

We know now from watching that one beautiful woman get brutally murdered in real time on video, we now know what those people in Iran are dealing with.

If we have nothing else to go by, if we have no other source of information why should we diminish the effectiveness of the symbolism of that one single woman's death?

We're human beings, we are moved by singular events that touch us, but we are not as dumb as you suggest. We use that woman's death on video to extrapolate our understanding of the Iranian peoples struggle.

And if all of what's happening in Iran is phony, and if we're being tricked by imagery as suggested, then we can still use the imagery of that girl's death, by using it to understand the struggle of other oppressed people of the world.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I just wanted to add that most people who live in civilized countries have never seen anyone die like that, whether on video or in real life.

Her death on video taught many people around the world and in the USA that this is real, real people are suffering and struggling in other parts of the world and we should take notice and try to help.

That in itself is very significant. You can diminish it all you want in your short sightedness, but history will show that one moment had an extremely significant impact on the world (again, not because one woman died, but because we saw the reality of peoples suffering and struggle.)

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
You can say we're idiots because we are being influenced by images of a struggle for freedom, however what images or information are you guilty of being influenced by that suggest the contrary? Whatever it is, you are still being influenced just as we are.

Just because we hope that some people half way around the world might find happier lives, might find greater freedoms, and because we're using images presented to us does not mean we are idiots or "sheep". It means we are optimistic people who care about the struggles of our fellow humans.

If one single event of one woman being murdered help us get to that understanding then why is that bad? So she happened to be beautiful. I say that's great because it brought greater interest to their struggle.

Whether what's happening in Iran is real or not, our belief in it is not evidence of being stupid or being "sheep". It is human to be moved by such things and not automatically dismiss it.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by rogerstigers

very true.
However from the MSM flury of articles on the topic, they make it sound as if there is chaos everywhere. Tanks rolling around squishing people. Riots and protest on every street corner. Buildings in flames etc yada yada

My point is that clearly it is not so.

well this is like the pentagon plane thing i suppose

we can say this or that, but until photos come out...

if nothing is happening why does Iran censor so many websites? obviously something has gone down, no clue what it was though

i do think all of this will be used as a pretext for invasion though

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Just like to note the OP has avoided answering my questions on this thread and resorted to attacking me on other threads. Ridiculous really.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

i do think all of this will be used as a pretext for invasion though

Precisely.

The west has manipulated nations and publicity of events like these before.

A good rule of thumb is that if you see it on television, then it is being showed to manipulate your opinion.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Damn, that video is creepy, it looks like she's looking directly into my soul at the beginning, *shivers*... creepy indeed.......

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

today is june 26 2009

the rumors of 'tanks' in Tehran was laid to rest roughly 3 days ago warrenb...

where have you been?

and why would you attempt to use an already discredited rumor as a talking point in your opening post?

finally,

your premise may be one of the dumbest ive seen on ATS in quite some time

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
I just wanted to add that most people who live in civilized countries have never seen

so basically you are saying that whatever is not from the world of consumerism with big glass towers, football stadium and macdonald all over the place is uncivilized ?

and these people pretends intelligence ...

this is too much for me to keep my cool
BUY YOURSELF A BRAIN A SOUL AND A LIFE

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by rogerstigers

very true.
However from the MSM flury of articles on the topic, they make it sound as if there is chaos everywhere. Tanks rolling around squishing people. Riots and protest on every street corner. Buildings in flames etc yada yada

My point is that clearly it is not so.

I was just thinking the same thing.

According to the BBC the most accurate picture of Iran from space right now would probably be along the lines of ....

Actually my bad, I posted NASA's moon mission pictures by accident there
running smooth as usual. (sarcasm)

I always take MSM with a pinch of salt as should others but I am sure nobody really needs me to mention that.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Here is a EXCELLENT thread on ATS in reguards to the CIA based Coup D-etads against other nations.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I suggest you read it.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
warrenb -> agent of stupidity!

Couldn't help saying that!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hey you know what's even more funny is that the photos he uses has basij militia armed on motorbikes driving past people.

From videos we see the groups of basij travelling on motorbikes and attacking people. Well the OP even provided evidence in favour of protests and beatings without even realising it.

His assumption of daily life in Iran is basij militia driving around on motorbikes in a hurry to get past people. Quite funny really that anyone would even make that assumption, that basij on bikes means no protests.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Hey you know what's even more funny is that the photos he uses has basij militia armed on motorbikes driving past people.

From videos we see the groups of basij travelling on motorbikes and attacking people. Well the OP even provided evidence in favour of protests and beatings without even realising it.

His assumption of daily life in Iran is basij militia driving around on motorbikes in a hurry to get past people. Quite funny really that anyone would even make that assumption, that basij on bikes means no protests.

You also forgot to mention there in full riot gear kinda strange unless they were expecting a riot huh.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Originally posted by john124

You also forgot to mention there in full riot gear kinda strange unless they were expecting a riot huh.

Of course.
Basij are in full riot gear. The OP is trolling on one of my threads now, I even dared him to come back here and admit his thread has been debunked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join