It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationwide protests/unrest in Iran - really? where?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
New photos and information:
For a place with "tanks", protests and riots, it looks pretty darn calm to me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63dc019ac0b4.jpg[/atsimg]

Reformist leader Mir Hossein Mousavi vowed Thursday to continue to press for an annulment of Iran's presidential election results even as authorities detained 70 university professors who had met with him.

www.cbc.ca...

Notice the "goop" on the oppositions poster in the first image.

Also notice that it's not at all as the media and it's shadow agents like to portray it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2dff4f09cb21.jpg[/atsimg]
this photo is from Wednesday...life as usual.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d78b5b1b8051.jpg[/atsimg]

In this image issued by the semi-official Iranian Students News Agency, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, 3rd right, attends in an opening ceremony of a petrochemical complex in Assalouyeh in Persian gulf south of Tehran, Iran on Thursday June, 25, 2009.(AP Photo/ISNA, Arash Khamushi)

www.google.com...

Go figure

[edit on 25-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yep people like the bbc try to incite violence.

Nobody outside of iran knows the real truth. Plus what the media is reporting shows the world how easy it is to manipulate us all.

I have to say here we are guilty of too believing stories too much from the news and web.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Not saying what the MSM is reporting is or isn't happening. But remember the Movie Wag the Dog?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

No opinion one way or another, but keep in mind that protests don't happen everywhere at the same time or all the time for that matter. Just because you got a photo of a peaceful section of a street doesn't mean that something isn't happening one street ove.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

very true.
However from the MSM flury of articles on the topic, they make it sound as if there is chaos everywhere. Tanks rolling around squishing people. Riots and protest on every street corner. Buildings in flames etc yada yada

My point is that clearly it is not so.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
From what I understand, the government has basically set in place martial(sp?) law. The government is controlling the news, people are disappearing, those who have talked about family member disappearing, are disappearing.

The Iranian people are getting, or were getting videos out using their phones.

Any of you seen the Nada video?

WARNING INCLUDES VIOLENCE AND DEATH

video.google.com...#

Do I know for sure what is taking place in Iran? No, but I believe the videos I have seen that people are getting out, which shows violence taking place. It is very sad, at least to me.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I agree that it is difficult for anyone outside of Iran to know what's really going on there right now. And I agree that the MSM is really hyping this. But what better way can the media get attention, on any issue? Hype. While places in Iran may be peaceful, there are sections that definitly are not. We have footage showing some serious unrest. Did the MSM orchestrate all that merely to get the western world interested, in one way or another? Unlikely. They are however seizing the opportunity to really blow this out of size. But with things like the internet censorship and reporters holing up in hotels, you know it is getting bad there. During any riot, any protest, there are the neighbourhoods you can walk through and feel like you're in a perfectly safe place. Why make noise all by yourself on the block you live on, when 5 blocks away a whole bunch of people are screaming and lighting things on fire?

edit to change internet ban to censorship.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by TheAmazingK]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

of course the MSM conveniently forget to mention she was a spy

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I love it when sanity and truth become evident. I had imagined a country of angry people when in truth, death and destruction are down. It makes me angry when people try and manipulate me. I would like to know who is responsible for cooking up the hype.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I don't see the entirety of Iran in those two pictures, does anyone else?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
While there may have been one or two protests it is nothing at all like the media is portraying it.

The recent riots in Greece where much worse than anything going on in Iran atm.

or what about this?
LA Fans Warm Up for Championship With Mini-Riot After Game 4
i.fanhouse.com...

Quick the tanks are rolling into LA, run for your life!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by amazed

I was not speaking about ROXANA, the woman in your video, she is a different person. Nada was a Iranian citizen, a very young woman, a child really. Who was shot by Iranian security forces.

www.inquisitr.com...

And still I don't believe that Roxanna was as you say, a spy in the way people think of spies.

The people in Iran have been banned from calling her name, and her family was even denied the right to a burial. Also, calling "god is great" has been banned, and those who do are arrested.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper
I don't see the entirety of Iran in those two pictures, does anyone else?

No i think its a double minded game play. There wass a riot..its gone now..people in Iran are in fear of government again. All is well in the world once more. (sarcasm)

[edit on 25-6-2009 by mastermind77]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Neda Soltani shot by an American Bullet?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by amazed

i was just going to say that mate!

as dark as this sounds, that whole "shooting" was the perfect photo opportunity to push this agenda even further along..

come on really, he just happened to pick her out of the crowd, when cameras were on, and her dad was right next to her... has anyone checked into who really shot her?

but they got what they needed from that, people are saying she is a hero, and the barbaric attacks etc etc ...

come on people open your eyes.. at least just a bit

*edit to add, i was talking about Nada in my post*

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Darth_Prime]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Every time they flash "CIA's Iranian Plan" it is dated May 24 2007...You thought the US didn't have Ops in Iran? Or China or Russia for that matter. This video is mixing that footage with current video footage, for what confusion? This is a made up "news" article by the MSM...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

While there may have been one or two protests it is nothing at all like the media is portraying it.

The recent riots in Greece where much worse than anything going on in Iran atm.

or what about this?
LA Fans Warm Up for Championship With Mini-Riot After Game 4
i.fanhouse.com...

Quick the tanks are rolling into LA, run for your life!

That made me laugh - 1 or 2? ahahahahaha

There comes a point where conspiracy theorists just need to take a step back for once and stop denying complete fact.

This has not been 1 or 2 protests, its been hundreds over the last 2 weeks.

Then again i don't know why i bother, you probably think each protester is an American agent...

Cut the West bashing for once and just accept the people of Iran want change and they are showing it, while being brutally crushed because of it.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
There are in fact protests happening. there are videos that ARE in Iran, of people being gased, buildings exploding, etc. And in some cases even riots breaking out. not to mention the LACK of coverage by msm. However, don't think though, that for a minute i dont think something corrupt is happening here. It is known that the people there are tired of their 'president' who, by the way, we put into power, and that they are upset that he was re-elected. They dont want him in power anymore, and I guess our government doesn't either. So now we have the situation, where we just let it boil over, then go and "save" the Iranian people. But not until MSM "realizes"what we have already known, that the death toll is not 25, but much higher, and shock the whole world with everything that has been going on, and that we MUST do something.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

reply to post by amazed

Neda Soltani shot by an American Bullet?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where is your proof? I do not see any real evidence that what you say took place, but I have seen the evidence that the situation took place as I mentioned. It is funny that you linked to another thread as proof, but the thread does not have proof.

I could say "Russians shot her", and it would be just as valid as what you say because of no proof. When their is proof she was shot by Iranian forces. Such as eye witnesses. Do some research.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Where is your proof it was the Iranian government involved in her death?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join